Ukraine - Russia Conflict

1675069036182.png

Images of Kh-101 cruise missile that was shot down on 26th January in Vinnytsia region​

They said the same after Chechenia... fact is, bureaucracy doesn't like to fix its mistakes, and military is bureaucracy.
This time they will as they are fighting for their existence against the whole might of NATO. War with Chechenia or Georgia can't be compared with the current war in Ukraine.

29th January Briefing, Russian Ministry of defence:

◾️Russian forces continue offensive in Donetsk and Zaporozhye regions, successfully gaining more strategic positions,

◾️Ukrainian tank unit ELIMINATED in Ugledar, Donetsk region

◾️More than 110 Ukrainian soldiers ELIMINATED in Donetsk.

◾️ More than 35 Ukrainian soldiers ELIMINATED in Kupyansk, Kharkov region, East Ukraine.

◾️ Russian air defence facilities have shot down one Mi-8 helicopter of Ukrainian Air Force near Novodarovka (Zaporozhye region).

They said the same after Chechenia... fact is, bureaucracy doesn't like to fix its mistakes, and military is bureaucracy.
Their problems are not procedural but rather systemic.

Corruption at the top and mid tier.

Poor discipline in the troops - Russian soldiers routinely loot, rape, murder and pillage even in Ukraine a place with strong historical and cultural ties

Quality control issues on some armaments

The list is long.

Reactions: Domobran7
Nope. It can also use HESH rounds which are far more devastating against infantry.
The French and German are now producing a 120mm round specially studied for anti infantery if I remember well. With a programable fuze.

If the GB 120mm is so potent, why the MLU of Challenger 2 will be re fitted with a NATO compatible one ?

I think it's clear they will likely be F-16's since Euro nations can hand over their F-16's that are about to be retired but it would be nice if they were US Marine F-18C's which are more capable than many F-16's that Europe flies. US Marine F-18C's or retired USN F-18C's are Harpoon, Aim-120D, JSOW and HARM capable.
Except Harpoon (maybe or not...), all european F16 are MLU, so able to fire AMRAAM, JSOW. HARM I don't know. (F16 CJ only maybe)
Wa are all waiting for BT-7 :ROFLMAO:

The French and German are now producing a 120mm round specially studied for anti infantery if I remember well. With a programable fuze.

If the GB 120mm is so potent, why the MLU of Challenger 2 will be re fitted with a NATO compatible one ?
Because the smoothbores fire the APFSDS slightly better and can fire HEAT rounds, but against Russian tanks it doesn't make much of a difference. But L55 is still better than L52 or L44 though.

Reactions: Domobran7
Officer of the 155th Brigade of the TO #Russia - Senior Lieutenant Fedorov Oleg Vladimirovich, was killed during the fighting near Pavlovka in the Volnovakha region, #Ukraine . In Ukraine, a 29-year-old fighter of the RF Armed Forces Sergey Chaprasov, mobilized on September 28, 22 from the Novouzensky district, was killed.