Sukhoi Su-30MKI

Why not India buying new jets considering china has 700 j 10 , 350 j16 , 440 j 11 and many more. (Wikipedia)
Are we low on funds or we have given up on that we can't match China's number game.
Are we just trying to become equal to porkis . Considering a small budget but still porkis have more awacs .
Are we hopeless?

( I want to know your honest answer not some hopium bullshit.)

Su30 upgrade possibility from BEL

1722577025774.png

1722577050643.png

Are we hopeless?
It's just red tape for the most part. In a recent interview, Baba Kalyani of Bharat Forge said it would take about 7 years for the Army to buy artillery guns. Probably from the date of tender being issued. No reason to expect Air Force procurements to take any less time.

Why not India buying new jets considering china has 700 j 10 , 350 j16 , 440 j 11 and many more. (Wikipedia)
Are we low on funds or we have given up on that we can't match China's number game.
Are we just trying to become equal to porkis . Considering a small budget but still porkis have more awacs .
Are we hopeless?

( I want to know your honest answer not some hopium bullshit.)
This is the difference between building your own aircraft and buying one. The J-10C sold by China to Pakistan is only 80 million US dollars per unit, and China will not pay more than this price if it buys it by itself. India spent 240 million US dollars to buy Rafale. Of course, Rafale has many fancy features that the French like, but these are useless in the face of a nearly 3-fold advantage in numbers.

With inclusion of new AESA radar, new Radome is a must. So far we've only seen silver/grey radome on MKI(of Russian origin). This is the first time that a new radome of black colour has emerged. It may seem trivial, but black colour is notoriously related/equated with "Stealth" and FSS surfaces reduce frontal Radar signature by magnitudes. So if we connect the dots then maybe it's what we're guessing;)
1722740192627.png

Guess whose plane this is?

This is the difference between building your own aircraft and buying one. The J-10C sold by China to Pakistan is only 80 million US dollars per unit, and China will not pay more than this price if it buys it by itself. India spent 240 million US dollars to buy Rafale. Of course, Rafale has many fancy features that the French like, but these are useless in the face of a nearly 3-fold advantage in numbers.
Rafale price was $95 million. J-10C is suppose to be less expensive considering its capabilities. Pakistan don't have any number advantage.

Rafale price was $95 million. J-10C is suppose to be less expensive considering its capabilities. Pakistan don't have any number advantage.
Of course, the French can only buy it for 95 million US dollars, but for India, taking into account various ammunition and supporting facilities, plus the necessary kickbacks, 240 million US dollars is already a very favorable price.
This thing is just like a passenger plane. When you don't have the production capacity, Boeing and Airbus will charge you $1,000 for an ordinary bolt. When you have the production capacity, the price will naturally come down.

Yeah it's some variant of J-11(BS!!) and you've already achieved most of the things that we're looking to upgrade. But coming late also has its own advantages. MKI upgrade is going to be most potent variant of Flanker, ever! Much better than your J-11s and J-16s.
I hope to see this most powerful flanker fighter in history as soon as possible. After all, I have been waiting for almost 10 years, since I was in middle school. Although the upgrade project of this aircraft seems so mediocre now, it didn't even change the Su-30MKI's weak thrust.
it still does not prevent it from becoming the most powerful flanker fighter in history.

Much better than your J-11s and J-16s.
1722751328966.png

Hi, my Indian friends, I don't know if the most powerful Flanker fighter in history can beat the plane in this picture. After all, the J-11B equipped with AESA radar and the new WS10B engine has shown a much stronger combat capability than the SU35.

I hope to see this most powerful flanker fighter in history as soon as possible. After all, I have been waiting for almost 10 years, since I was in middle school. Although the upgrade project of this aircraft seems so mediocre now, it didn't even change the Su-30MKI's weak thrust.
it still does not prevent it from becoming the most powerful flanker fighter in history.
The UPG. will have lighter avionics like RADAR/IRST/Mission computers and other modern electronics and hopefully heavier metal body parts replaced with CFC/CNT type. All this will make MKI UPG. more lighter than what it's now. So even with same thurst its TWT ratio shall improve along with its kinematics and maneuverability.

Having said that MIDHANI is improving AL-31FP in all aspects, so hopefully the overall dry/wet thrust should improve as well along with better TBO.

View attachment 35097
Hi, my Indian friends, I don't know if the most powerful Flanker fighter in history can beat the plane in this picture. After all, the J-11B equipped with AESA radar and the new WS10B engine has shown a much stronger combat capability than the SU35.
With AESA and PL-15 combo, it definitely is superior to IRBIS + R-77-1 combo in BVR. WVR however, Su-35 will make a toast out of it and so will MKI.

The UPG. will have lighter avionics like RADAR/IRST/Mission computers and other modern electronics and hopefully heavier metal body parts replaced with CFC/CNT type. All this will make MKI UPG. more lighter than what it's now. So even with same thurst its TWT ratio shall improve along with its kinematics and maneuverability.

Having said that MIDHANI is improving AL-31FP in all aspects, so hopefully the overall dry/wet thrust should improve as well along with better TBO.
What you said is perfect and good, but it is not true. The improvement measures announced by India are only the upgrade of some avionics and radars. The only way to reduce weight is to replace the N011M radar, which is a waste.
1722756575744.png

With AESA and PL-15 combo, it definitely is superior to IRBIS + R-77-1 combo in BVR. WVR however, Su-35 will make a toast out of it and so will MKI.
The Su-30 and Su-35 showed very good maneuverability at the air show, which was impressive. However, for most combat situations, these are of no use. The Su-30 and Su-35 have generally gained a lot of weight, especially the Indian Su-30 MKI, whose empty weight has reached nearly 20 tons, which is 3 tons heavier than the Chinese J-11B. This is the problem. Of course, you can say that the Indian aircraft has canards and TVC, but it still cannot change the absolute disadvantage brought by the most basic thrust-to-weight ratio.

Of course, the French can only buy it for 95 million US dollars, but for India, taking into account various ammunition and supporting facilities, plus the necessary kickbacks, 240 million US dollars is already a very favorable price.
This thing is just like a passenger plane. When you don't have the production capacity, Boeing and Airbus will charge you $1,000 for an ordinary bolt. When you have the production capacity, the price will naturally come down.
J-10C don't want any support facilities it's a museum piece? Let's not forget the kickbacks to generals, unreliable engines, loan shark interest rates. Lifetime cost wont be much better considering a worst package.

J-10C don't want any support facilities it's a museum piece? Let's not forget the kickbacks to generals, unreliable engines, loan shark interest rates. lifetime cost wont be much better considering a worst package.
The very same engine we are using in mki.
We payed the price in 2019. Russia is payed the price in Ukraine. Russian gonna pay the price when f16 started operating over Ukraine.

No airframe replacement is in cards i think.
Of course, Rafale has many fancy features that the French like, but these are useless in the face of a nearly 3-fold advantage in numbers.
Rafale is not a useless like a flanker on today, yeas its advantage will diminish due to miniscule number.