Aero India 2023 - Bengaluru

Bullshit 🐂💩. Pralay can carry nearly double warhead and is more manoeuvrable than LORA. Don't believe too much on marketing gimmicks, we don't know what's the max. range of LORA missile with heavy warhead. Moreover Israeli themselves have not inducted it nor it has performed well in Azerbaijan - Armenian war.

Israelis operate it. And it's in a different class. You can say it sits between Prahaar and Pralay.

Our equivalent would be Rudram III.
I am not sure about that missile, its more of a tactical arti sort than something good quasi ballistic like Pralay with a huge warhead. It does not also appear any JVC or nozzle on that missile for better maneuver ability. Saw that the Azeris targeted a bridge using this but it did very limited damage largely due to hitting at one side. But navy already has this apparently & more orders on way so probably has some use.

FWIW I do not buy that hypersonic claim. This may be good but if it were that good Older Forum themselves would have bought in numbers.

Rudram III would be a better comparison.

It's Indian.
Spectro XR by elbit system.
images - 2023-02-17T174914.551.jpeg

Reactions: randomradio
Will give you the benefit of the doubt. Should be an Indianised Spectro with 40, 50 or 60% indigenisation. HAL-led programs are far more lax when it comes to this versus DRDO-led programs.
I was refering to janes article. Any way this license production is nothing but just screwdrivegiri.

Israelis operate it. And it's in a different class. You can say it sits between Prahaar and Pralay.

Our equivalent would be Rudram III.

Rudram III would be a better comparison.
R3 is air launched, this one is land based canisterised item. I think its salvo firing ability is why IN bought it for ships. For multiple large targets, hardened or otherwise, this would be useful. Navy had SSM requirement, and they have missile phobia. So they buy as much type as they see fit.

R3 is air launched, this one is land based canisterised item. I think its salvo firing ability is why IN bought it for ships. For multiple large targets, hardened or otherwise, this would be useful. Navy had SSM requirement, and they have missile phobia. So they buy as much type as they see fit.
The IN may have given it preference for it's compact size & weight. The IA should be looking at it closely too as should the DRDO. It's a useful missile to have including perhaps developing an A2G version by reducing it's weight.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
It's a far more advanced missile than the Pralay. Pralay is a simple missile with very low speed. It's meant to be used in large numbers. LORA is hypersonic and is very small while carrying a similar payload to about the same distance as the Pralay. It's 1.6T vs 5T. A launcher can carry more missiles too.
More missiles is correct, but Pralay is based on B-05 and Shaurya, so it is not slow at all. In fact, Shaurya is a full-on hypersonic quasi-ballistic missile. So, Pralay should be hypersonic speed capable too.

I was refering to janes article. Any way this license production is nothing but just screwdrivegiri.

HAL and BEL products are like that. They collaborate with foreign OEMs and partly indigenise components. I had forgotten about their MO. Only DRDO-led projects have greater focus on indigenisation.

I was referring to the capability and specs. Anyway, yeah, that's the point, a truck or ship can carry more such missiles versus the Pralay.

HAL and BEL products are like that. They collaborate with foreign OEMs and partly indigenise components. I had forgotten about their MO. Only DRDO-led projects have greater focus on indigenisation.

I was referring to the capability and specs. Anyway, yeah, that's the point, a truck or ship can carry more such missiles versus the Pralay.
Now no need of doing screwdrivegiri better induct drdo developed EO pod.

Indeed there should be no future of Israeli MPR in India since we have indigenously developed MPR for both helicopter & aircraft, but stupid HAL is looking for screwdrivegiri ,similar thing they are doing with EO pod also that's why we need far greater commitment & push for indigenization.
They're positioning themselves to be competitors to BEL since most if not all DRDO developed radars are manufactured by BEL .

The spanner in the works was perhaps the MPR (?) which saw BEL's offer rejected & L&T's JV with some foreign OEM selected . Other companies watching the scene unfold then get ideas .

I wonder on what grounds did BEL lose out . Moreover , during technical evaluations are home grown solutions given additional weightage as they should be before moving on to commercial bids . If not I wonder why not ?

More missiles is correct, but Pralay is based on B-05 and Shaurya, so it is not slow at all. In fact, Shaurya is a full-on hypersonic quasi-ballistic missile. So, Pralay should be hypersonic speed capable too.

It's probably hypersonic at boost, but a sustained hypersonic capability like Shaurya defeats the purpose of Pralay being cheap. But then I don't know LORA and Rudram III's terminal speed. So there's that. I think Pralay is near-hypersonic and only for some time.

If LORA, Rudram III and Pralay have similar terminal speeds, up to mach 1.5, then the only real use case is platform-specific. Rudram III is air-launched and LORA can be packed in a smaller space. Then, unless there's something special about LORA, it doesn't make sense to go for it when Rudram III can be modified for surface launch.

They're positioning themselves to be competitors to BEL since most if not all DRDO developed radars are manufactured by BEL .

The spanner in the works was perhaps the MPR (?) which saw BEL's offer rejected & L&T's JV with some foreign OEM selected . Other companies watching the scene unfold then get ideas .

I wonder on what grounds did BEL lose out . Moreover , during technical evaluations are home grown solutions given additional weightage as they should be before moving on to commercial bids . If not I wonder why not ?
They won due to L1 even though the procurement was under IDDM not sure how did they qualified,that's why we should give priority to local systems and ban foreign systems from participating in tenders where indigenous alternative exists.

Everyone has misunderstood aatmnirbharta as screwdrivegiri.

They won due to L1 even though the procurement was under IDDM not sure how did they qualified,that's why we should give priority to local systems and ban foreign systems from participating in tenders where indigenous alternative exists.

Everyone has misunderstood aatmnirbharta as screwdrivegiri.
This will continue for a few years before the procurement policy is further tightened . Ditto for weightage to local firms assuming it's not a factor right now .

As far as how did L&T participate it's for the competition to register their protest . If everybody's silent it means the entire thing is rigged. L&T may have lobbied tremendously to get in .

Reactions: Chain Smoker
This will continue for a few years before the procurement policy is further tightened . Ditto for weightage to local firms assuming it's not a factor right now .

As far as how did L&T participate it's for the competition to register their protest . If everybody's silent it means the entire thing is rigged. L&T may have lobbied tremendously to get in .
Yes but the deal was under iddm so it will be fraud if some foreign system is allowed to participate.