Alarm Raised Over Destabilizing New Russian Threat In Space: Reports

I'm leaning on the ASAT. But it could be a surprise PAK DP first test as well. PAK DP classifies as a threat that's not immediate, whereas ASAT is.

In other unrelated news Russia's increased the production rate of the Su-57 to 20pa from this year, not counting 20+ already delivered, so they will have 60 jets operational by the end of next year. So militarization is in full effect.

Reactions: YoungWolf
The rumour mill seems to be leaning towards space-based nuclear capabilities of some kind.

Unknown at this time if the intended targets of the weapon(s) are on the ground or if it's space-to-space.

If it is indeed ASAT in nature, I must say we are closer than ever to getting that Space-NPT bureaucrats the world over have been dreaming of for over a decade. Either way, I'm glad we got our kinetic ASAT test over with back in 2019.

Reactions: YoungWolf
It's PSYOPS by US to pass Ukraine bill and to prepare us for a very possible low kinetic confrontation with the Russians. It's elections after all and the current regime is not doing good at all. They are doing so bad that not even the rigged voting machines will be able to help them out this time.

A nuke deployed in space is not the alarming dread that the current regime wants us to believe. Nukes are useless in space as a weapon to take out more than one SAT. Russia would need to detonate a nuke creating and artificial radiation belt in the pathway of a crap load of US SATs which is impossible since modern US SATs, especially military, are maneuverable and would also affect SATs of many nations like chicoms and their own. Besides using a nuke in space to create an EMP to disrupt North America or to try disrupt US SATs is considered an act of war and since Russia used a nuke they would invite a full retaliatory strike by the US. Leave it to Russia to go caveman by using old thinking instead of using precise kinetic weapons "like the US has."

Russia is just inviting the US to take out its space nuke giving the US/current regime what it wants. US is going to be well prepared when the day comes and Russia launches its space nuke. US has known about this Russian program for over three years but I guess it was time to go full Red Alert mode for political reasons.

It is indeeed a very interesting development. Imagine Russia shooting down everything in LEO thru a barrage within minutes. US+NATO will go completely blind for many months. And after barrage on LEO satellites, they launch missile strike.

"Threat is not immediate." That excludes a space-based nuclear weapons delivery platform IMO and most seriously potent stuff.

It is indeeed a very interesting development. Imagine Russia shooting down everything in LEO thru a barrage within minutes. US+NATO will go completely blind for many months. And after barrage on LEO satellites, they launch missile strike.
Internet was studied for military purpose first.
No LEO is one thing, but remain all the cables and fibers networks, possibly affected for military use first. So even not afraid.

Internet was studied for military purpose first.
No LEO is one thing, but remain all the cables and fibers networks, possibly affected for military use first. So even not afraid.

Space is critical for American surveillance capabilities.

On the capability of nuclear sattelites : every country having H-BOMB and a space program have de facto this capability. Russia of course but also USA, China, France and ... India. if you can have one or several H-BOMB in a ballistic missile, of course you can have them in a space rocket.
So Yes I agree with @Innominate. That's a psy ops.

Last edited:
It's PSYOPS by US to pass Ukraine bill and to prepare us for a very possible low kinetic confrontation with the Russians. It's elections after all and the current regime is not doing good at all. They are doing so bad that not even the rigged voting machines will be able to help them out this time.

A nuke deployed in space is not the alarming dread that the current regime wants us to believe. Nukes are useless in space as a weapon to take out more than one SAT. Russia would need to detonate a nuke creating and artificial radiation belt in the pathway of a crap load of US SATs which is impossible since modern US SATs, especially military, are maneuverable and would also affect SATs of many nations like chicoms and their own. Besides using a nuke in space to create an EMP to disrupt North America or to try disrupt US SATs is considered an act of war and since Russia used a nuke they would invite a full retaliatory strike by the US. Leave it to Russia to go caveman by using old thinking instead of using precise kinetic weapons "like the US has."

Russia is just inviting the US to take out its space nuke giving the US/current regime what it wants. US is going to be well prepared when the day comes and Russia launches its space nuke. US has known about this Russian program for over three years but I guess it was time to go full Red Alert mode for political reasons.

I don't find the nuclear angle likely. It's a destabilizing move on paper, not something that can be considered a "serious" national security threat. An ICBM is still the best option for nuke delivery. A satellite with conventional space-based ASAT weapons could be a real game changer though, but I don't think the Russians have any plans on getting rid of the Outer Space Treaty, it doesn't work in their favor.

I find the election sloganeering angle quite unlikely too. Especially when most of the US population is now against the Ukraine war, I don't see how the aid money will impact the elections at the very least. In any case, the prime driver in US elections is local politics.

The only known open source change I can think of is the PAK DP has come out of the woodworks. It's supposed to undergo first flight in 2025, so it's possible they have brought it out of the hangar to show off to spy satellites. This is also a program that's been known for the last 3 years. It officially started in 2021. It's also been designed for ASAT. So 100 of them could very easily attack a few hundred satellites in LEO on a daily basis.

Riiight because the US would just sit still and let it happened. :rolleyes:

Strategic blindness even if temporary will be a huge game changer. The Russians are champs at BMD.

Would be great if they open it up for exports, if it's something we do not have plans for ourselves.

Could be satellite based Laser BMD or some-sort of space nuke delivery that can't be detected or countered by the Americans.

I said in the Ukraine thread that this war has awaken Russia, now their military might would increase several fold. Looks like my another prediction is about to come true😃

Could be satellite based Laser BMD or some-sort of space nuke delivery that can't be detected or countered by the Americans.

I said in the Ukraine thread that this war has awaken Russia, now their military might would increase several fold. Looks like my another prediction is about to come true😃

2022 is a 1941 moment for the Russians.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion
The consensus seems to be that it's possibly this.

1708010566333.png

This is quoting officials describing it as a nuclear anti-satellite weapon, so that pretty much confirms the above.

Reactions: Rajput Lion