Arihant-class SSBN - News & Discussions

@hellbent remember the recently found hydrodynamic model of the probable S-5 class SSBN ? VP Naidu tweeted the photo. It seems somebody made a rough sketch out of that model for the Wikipage on the S-5 :
View attachment 15539

From the sketch it is pretty good looking actually. The BM hump shoulder doesn't seem like a eyesore from this angle.
From this angle, the hump looks more like the missile silo hump of the Project 955 Borei class SSBN but looks like the Delta class missile hump when viewed from the rearward side angle, it looks like the S5 class SSBN is inspired by SSBN designs from all over the world, forward section looks to be inspired from the British Vanguard class SSBN, missile hump from Russian SSBN.
Rear section from the Project 955 Borei class.

@hellbent remember the recently found hydrodynamic model of the probable S-5 class SSBN ? VP Naidu tweeted the photo. It seems somebody made a rough sketch out of that model for the Wikipage on the S-5 :
View attachment 15539

From the sketch it is pretty good looking actually. The BM hump shoulder doesn't seem like a eyesore from this angle.

Well don't know what to say

It makes no sense that the hydrodynamic model of an yet to be launched SSBN got displayed infront of a crowd,
When we don't even have a decent picture of arihant SSBN .

The penultimate design will be totally different IMO.

View attachment 15539

I wouldn't believe anything about the S-5 that's out in public yet.

India to go head with third Nuclear submarine launch

Source : India to go head with third Nuclear submarine launch – Indian Defence Research Wing

Given the source take it with a pinch of salt.

India to go head with third Nuclear submarine launch

Source : India to go head with third Nuclear submarine launch – Indian Defence Research Wing

Given the source take it with a pinch of salt.
S3 was launched some time in 2017 i think.

And it took 5 years for S3 from start of construction to make it to waters.

Will bank on 2022 for S4 to be launched , and 2026 for S4*

The 3rd N Sub here is the S-4. Not the S-3. S-1 is the nomenclature given to the land based N reactor.
S3 was launched some time in 2017 i think.

And it took 5 years for S3 from start of construction to make it to waters.

Will bank on 2022 for S4 to be launched , and 2026 for S4*

You said S-4 will be launched by 2022. It'd be commissioned by then with the launching happening anytime now.
I don't really think we can get it into service that fast.

We are talking that after 2nd SSBN S3 came out of production line in 2017, then S4 , the 3rd construction started and it will be over within 36 months?

I don't really think we can get it into service that fast.

We are talking that after 2nd SSBN S3 came out of production line in 2017, then S4 , the 3rd construction started and it will be over within 36 months?
If you go through the earlier posts on this thread particularly by @R!cK , you'd find out that the hulls have been under fabrication since a long time. In all probability the S-4* will be launched by 2022 , post which we'd be taking up the hull fabrication of the S-5 class.

The SSN's come from a different line.

Reactions: Paro
If you go through the earlier posts on this thread particularly by @R!cK , you'd find out that the hulls have been under fabrication since a long time. In all probability the S-4* will be launched by 2022 , post which we'd be taking up the hull fabrication of the S-5 class.

The SSN's come from a different line.
The production of 2nd one S3 too more than 5-6 years. S4 is supposed to be bigger.

Anyways i will be happy if i am wrong 😉

Pravin Sawhney (@PravinSawhney) Tweeted:
India’s K4 ballistic missile, range 3500km, reported test fired was more accrurate than Chinese missiles. Nonsense. 2 points. K4 uses strap down (on air frame) inertial navigation with ring laser gyro - inaccurate over 2000km. Then PLA using AI for accuracy - intelligence ( )
before the stars alignment system, quite new, all the ballistic missile used strap down inertial navigation.
These missiles carry high yields head, so the accuracy is more than enough when you want to nuc a big city.

before the stars alignment system, quite new, all the ballistic missile used strap down inertial navigation.
These missiles carry high yields head, so the accuracy is more than enough when you want to nuc a big city.
That post was by an ex serviceman & a trojan horse of the Chinese. Don't take him seriously. Nobody here does. You can check his TL on twitter.He's unusually harsh on India & disparages it's developments & full of praise for China.I posted his views here only to make members here aware.

That post was by an ex serviceman & a trojan horse of the Chinese. Don't take him seriously. Nobody here does. You can check his TL on twitter.He's unusually harsh on India & disparages it's developments & full of praise for China.I posted his views here only to make members here aware.
I actually really want to know how ballastic missiles use Artificial Intelligence😂😂😂??

I actually really want to know how ballastic missiles use Artificial Intelligence😂😂😂??
maybe in the case of a active end course seeker, to "help" correlating the image and the real target. It is used in the new Thales targeting pod Talios. How is it efficient? it's a nice question without answer so far.

maybe in the case of a active end course seeker, to "help" correlating the image and the real target. It is used in the new Thales targeting pod Talios. How is it efficient? it's a nice question without answer so far.
lol when did ballistic missiles started using imaging seeker it is impossible

well seekers can use AI here is a seeker made by tonbo.
AI Enabled EO / IR Stabilised Gimbal Seeker with IRST capability. Our seeker is equipped with advanced imaging and intelligence making it ideal for Precision Strike with an ATGM, Kamikaze Drones and Glide Bombs

CAPABILITIES
For ATGMs / Kamikaze Drones / Glide bombs
nVidia Inside
Stabilised Gimbal
True Fire and Forget with IRST
AI Enabled Auto Target Recognition and Tracking
Dual Band / Tri Band Seeker
Real time Sensor Fusion
GPS Denied Navigation
Auto Alignment with Launching electro optics
4.jpg

5-2-768x576.jpg