British/Italian Tempest (GCAP) Fighter : News and Discussion

I think the F136 developpments will not be lost.
View attachment 34855
View attachment 34856
It is now more sexy ! Good looking.

View attachment 34855
View attachment 34856
A small air of V bomber....

IAF should swallow its pride and just join this program and forget about AMCA that will likely never come to be or suffer from delay after delay and overbudget which by that time majority of PLAAF's fleet will be stealth fighters.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Bon Plan and Hydra
IAF should swallow its pride and just join this program and forget about AMCA that will likely never come to be or suffer from delay after delay and overbudget which by that time majority of PLAAF's fleet will be stealth fighters.
We're more interested in the Lightnings which brings me to an important point - When's the F-35 achieving its FOC , sweetie ?

Would it be before the B-21s are inducted in to the USAF or after ? Would it be before or after the NGAD achieves its FOC ? Would it be as scheduled in 2030 or is the new schedule now 2040 ?

Would miserable P&W come up with a brand new TF as part of the FOC as per plans or is there going to be an FOC -1 with the rest of the upgrades & an FOC-2 exclusively for a new TF ? If no , would they slap an "upgraded" F-135 changing its nomenclature to say F-235 to fool aviation freaks like you like the entire Lightning program has been doing all along ?

Do consider answering.

We're more interested in the Lightnings which brings me to an important point - When's the F-35 achieving its FOC , sweetie ?

Would it be before the B-21s are inducted in to the USAF or after ? Would it be before or after the NGAD achieves its FOC ? Would it be as scheduled in 2030 or is the new schedule now 2040 ?

Would miserable P&W come up with a brand new TF as part of the FOC as per plans or is there going to be an FOC -1 with the rest of the upgrades & an FOC-2 exclusively for a new TF ? If no , would they slap an "upgraded" F-135 changing its nomenclature to say F-235 to fool aviation freaks like you like the entire Lightning program has been doing all along ?

Do consider answering.

Umm... FOC you? :D

• Haha
Reactions: Bon Plan
Umm... FOC you? :D
RN that's what the FOC F-35 has been reduced to by the trailer tramps running the show at DoD . Guess that's also code every time Congress asks DoD for the progress or lack of it in the Lightnings program.

You know what we think sweetie , GCAP & F-35 will get the FOC around the same time. Makes our decision easier . 😀

• Haha
Reactions: Picdelamirand-oil
View: https://x.com/AvioAero/status/1816071273061179789

1721894242027.png

• Informative
Reactions: Bon Plan
With the presence of vertical canted tails, looks like Brits don't want to relinquish maneuverability/agility in-pursuit of all out broadband stealth(like NGAD). Very balanced and pragmatic approach, IMO.

Also, since it's almost 16 feet longer than MKI, it'll carry much more internal fuel than around 10tonnes for MKI. So it will have amazing endurance/combat persistence too.

Impressive fighter, indeed👍

• Agree
Reactions: BMD
With the presence of vertical canted tails, looks like Brits don't want to relinquish maneuverability/agility in-pursuit of all out broadband stealth(like NGAD). Very balanced and pragmatic approach, IMO.

Also, since it's almost 16 feet longer than MKI, it'll carry much more internal fuel than around 10tonnes for MKI. So it will have amazing endurance/combat persistence too.

Impressive fighter, indeed👍
I had an idea for integrated canard on the wing LE. Sort of like LE slats but they would hinge to the fuselage/wing root and be able to rotate relative to the fuselage as well as the wing's LE during manoeuvres. In normal flight, they would align flush with the wing and have the appearance of no canard.

• Love
Reactions: Rajput Lion
I had an idea for integrated canard on the wing LE. Sort of like LE slats but they would hinge to the fuselage/wing root and be able to rotate relative to the fuselage as well as the wing's LE during manoeuvres. In normal flight, they would align flush with the wing and have the appearance of no canard.
Man, when I think of 6th gen jets, I think about retractable Canards on LERX too. Wonder how our thought process is so similar except, you know what;)

The Nimitz is 100,000 tons and also limited. What is your point?
Rafale M is perfectly fitted to the Charles de Gaulle carrier, except a reduced max load (limitation due to the catapult).
There is no reason FCAS will not be perfectly fitted to next gen french carrier, maybe with a smaller max load (once again it depends of the catapult).

Same goal than FCAS : they are searching the right balance between agility and stealth.
The french air forces and french DGA top ranks said that stealth is not the alfa and omega of next gen fighter. It is an asset, but not the sole one.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion