Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Pak air space is closed for 3 more days ?

To save jet fuel ?

Need of Air space for their fighter operation s ?

Can't ID aircraft flying over , Civilian from Indian aircraft ?

Afraid of their own Manpad s ?

IAI Heron - Wikipedia. They cann't track and detect a small sized ship but a tanker? I feel, they can.

Once they detect, dispatch MKIs from Lohegaon base and take them out.

Hitting a tanker should be treated as a bombing run of sorts. Though they will need to be in air to guide the munition.

The Heron will have to fly in contested airspace, it will get shot down. As I said, the airspace will be contested if you cannot hold the water. The detection range of these aircraft is very less against ships. Even though a ship is large, it is on the surface, so radar horizon comes into play. At 12 Km altitude, you can only see up to 400Km, which is not a lot.

The Mig-21 saga will repeat. Without the air defence system of the ship, PAF aircraft will get close enough to lure IAF jets into kill zones.

Or else, just to sink 1 tanker, you will need to bring in an entire strike package with a full squadron worth of aircraft, like the 16+8 we used for strikes, in order to prevent the PAF from attacking IAF jets, which is ridiculous.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia

To save jet fuel ?

Need of Air space for their fighter operation s ?

Can't ID aircraft flying over , Civilian from Indian aircraft ?

Afraid of their own Manpad s ?

People might shoot down civilian aircraft in the confusion.

The Heron will have to fly in contested airspace, it will get shot down. As I said, the airspace will be contested if you cannot hold the water. The detection range of these aircraft is very less against ships. Even though a ship is large, it is on the surface, so radar horizon comes into play. At 12 Km altitude, you can only see up to 400Km, which is not a lot.

The Mig-21 saga will repeat. Without the air defence system of the ship, PAF aircraft will get close enough to lure IAF jets into kill zones.

Or else, just to sink 1 tanker, you will need to bring in an entire strike package with a full squadron worth of aircraft, like the 16+8 we used for strikes, in order to prevent the PAF from attacking IAF jets, which is ridiculous.
If I sink one of the first tanker even at a cost of one heron --assuming Pakistan contests that in the first place, then no tanker will come. Remember, loss of a heron is not that big as compared to loss of a pilot. And loss of a tanker is massive.

BTW, Pakistani will also have to take away a AWACS to keep track of your heron.

Oh, BTW, these tankers can also be seen on sats too. I have seen enough of them on images that I have downloaded.

And not to mention once a tanker arrives, it takes days for the tanker to unload its fuel via a pipeline connecting to shore. It actually waits outside the harbour.

Moral of this story is Pakistani should stop dreaming about Kashmir ...they could have escalated and take Kashmir which they are fighting for years but they couldn't.So Pakistani fake mullahs should tell their people to stop dreaming about Kashmir...we can't take Kashmir by war.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia

I have a feeling IAF is giving them a hard time still with mock charges/alertness. North India airspace (above Delhi, Punjab and large parts of Rajasthan) is mostly empty too (there is corridor open between Delhi/BOM for civilian traffic)....so that would likely support this.

They are forced at best to have a trickle of aircraft hugging Afghan border area....as their one corridor. Punjab/Sindh etc is largely devoid of a/c and Karachi still seems to be handling very few international aircraft traffic.

Combine all that with the few ships willing to berth in Karachi now....because of Indian naval presence too.

This is good, we are making their economy suffer for little cost on us (given we have strategic depth and they don't). Good for future reference too.

I have a feeling IAF is giving them a hard time still with mock charges/alertness. North India airspace (above Delhi, Punjab and large parts of Rajasthan) is mostly empty too (there is corridor open between Delhi/BOM for civilian traffic)....so that would likely support this.

They are forced at best to have a trickle of aircraft hugging Afghan border area....as their one corridor. Punjab/Sindh etc is largely devoid of a/c and Karachi still seems to be handling very few international aircraft traffic.

Combine all that with the few ships willing to berth in Karachi now....because of Indian naval presence too.

Those flights in Pakistan will likely end by tonight.

This is good, we are making their economy suffer for little cost on us (given we have strategic depth and they don't). Good for future reference too.

A naval blockade will be good for Pakistani reserves. If they don't buy oil, then they can save a lot of forex. :ROFLMAO:

Blood shortage reported in Kotli and Rawalkot sector.Heavy artillery(155 mm) firing.ATGM and MBRL usage also reported

Status
Not open for further replies.