Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine, If Wg. Cdr Abhi had taken off from a Carrier and done what he did and intruded into the AD Umbrella? he and his wingman, both would have been shot down by ships. Phir kya hota? You would have left lot of warriors with remorse for shooting down one of their own. AND it is a very very big stigma.

Wg. Cdr. Abhi was the CO of 51sqn. It is very common that you go and command a sqn which you may have flown as a youngster or have ability to fly. He was never demoted. he was upgraded. We look for aggressive pilots to be our CO and not sissies. But rules are rules especially when it comes to large formation merge.
I feel, India should have deployed more SAM sites.

Imagine chasing and fighting a 4th generation aircraft in a 2nd generation machine and downing it.......then landing behind enemy lines.... having tea with them and coming back in tailor made suit with open collar.....
Who else can make such a thing a reality..but a man from land of *RAJANIKANT the great*
Yanna...Raskala..Mindit
👺

Reactions: Hellfire
We should have an app which will read out your post in your own voice with intonations :)

I wish. Then would have been in trouble

But let me address something else while I am at it. The question of India being on 'backfoot' along LC. Members have to realize that India has the initiative now. Even GoI is aware of the fact that the nation, and the national opinion, is more or less firmed up about militarily undertaking the necessary actions to produce tangible results that can be translated into, if not increased security for our troops in J&K, at least unacceptable costs for the neighbour.

Any definitive action can not be undertaken in isolation and needs a political resolution (for conflict resolution). Recall the mistake US made in Iraq - finishing off the leadership and then demobilizing the armed forces and their leadership.

So, we may see prolonged period of preparation in terms of getting the diplomatic and political narrative in line with our aims.

At the same time, I have been told that I am wrong in referring to Pakistani Occupied territories as POK. The correct terminology is what IAF used day before - POJ&K.

Henceforth, it is requested that this be taken note of. Kashmir is a part of Indian State of J&K and not a separate entity. Hence, we have to be politically correct in our references to it.

@Ashwin @nair @_Anonymous_ @RATHORE @Paro @Milspec et al

Where are the efforts being made to get it vacated

Every thing has stopped since yesterday
It's a long drawn out process. That's what Falcon & the others have been emphasising. Contingent on how fast we build up our economy and how fast Pakistan sinks down the economic hole. Add to that our seriousness in faster procurement, development & deployment of arms & serious reforms in the MoD & armed forces for which Modi should be elected once more. Even @Guynextdoor agrees to it.

Can't say about sane Wg Man but WC Abhi would have still gone for WVR pursuit inside POK and brought Rafael with himself to the ground. I am very much sure. Most probably this was the reason he was demoted from Su30 to Mig 21. Might have done some insane stuff in the past.

He was upgraded to the Mig-21.

I feel, India should have deployed more SAM sites.

Yes, in 3 years, we will have very extensive SAM coverage with the S-400, starting from next year.

PAF used gaps in our current SAM coverage to attack. If you recall a PAF UAV was shot down in Gujarat by the IAF's SPYDER SAM only a few days ago.

In just 2 years, whatever PAF tried to do now will no longer be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.