Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ajai Shukla was following this forum, he would have known that there is a dense cloud cover over the area.
What makes you think he's unaware? Didn't you notice the tone of the entire discussion set by S Jain. It's to create doubts.

I kept posting all through last week that Modi would be making a fatal error if he didn't release footage of the Balakote bombings.

The press has already picked up the trail. Watch it get amplified and political parties join in. Unless Modi has an ace up his sleeve which could be to give the opposition a long rope before he hangs them with clear evidence, I don't see how he'd get out of this one.

• Agree
Reactions: Hellfire
I understand the need for positive publicity and keeping the morale up and not putting down our own armed forces.
That said, I think there is a need to understand why our SAM systems did not engage the 24 aircraft which ingressed. There can be many reasons I see.
1. The time that the were close and engaging near the LOC was too small to take action. With the standoff weapons available, this would mean our SAMs have a large probability to never engage and defend most of the time. This point would work double for the Pakistanis then since ours was the first air mission and hence more surprise and lesser reaction time.
2. Was it a case of being too hesitant to pull the trigger? Stuck in the analysis paralysis mode? This would mean our training for specific rules of engagement and crossing redlines is lacking.
3. High air taffic of our own flying crafts. This is similar case the first point, where its very likely going to be the case most of the time. So are our SAMs not optimal for this age of warfare?

Is there any other reason that I am not seeing?
We need to understand if it is one or a combination for making a difference in any of our future engagements.

We are still in the middle of modernisation of air defence, we don't have enough modern SAMs. In 2-3 years, we will have sufficient defences in place.

It's obvious PAF made use of the gaps in our defences.

What makes you think he's unaware? Didn't you notice the tone of the entire discussion set by S Jain. It's to create doubts.

I kept posting all through last week that Modi would be making a fatal error if he didn't release footage of the Balakote bombings.

The press has already picked up the trail. Watch it get amplified and political parties join in. Unless Modi has an ace up his sleeve which could be to give the opposition a long rope before he hangs them with clear evidence, I don't see how he'd get out of this one.

SAR images are available. But this is a classified capability and kept under wraps. It's just our bad luck that we have to deal with cloud cover.

As for how Modi will handle it, let's see. It's too early to say what he should have and shouldn't have done. There's still plenty of game time left.

And very soon -Paaaki..twitterati will start tweeting about OIC resolution with mirch masla
so all fo you guys should be ready to counter that

SAR images are available. But this is a classified capability and kept under wraps. It's just our bad luck that we have to deal with cloud cover.

As for how Modi will handle it, let's see. It's too early to say what he should have and shouldn't have done. There's still plenty of game time left.
Christine Fair raised valid doubts on our intent and capability. The former was present, the latter lacking. At times she seems more keen for us to engage and reduce PA's ability to wage war & mischief than our political / security managers.

Having said that, Modi has a tendency to exaggerate. While one doesn't doubt his intent or his ability to take bold decisions, it's his tendency for severe milking of it for publicity & gross exaggeration that is grating at times. One can't deny the fact that he too is a product of his times. But.....

And why should SAR images be classified?

check that video of Kejru.. really.. Kejru is saying "after Pulwama - give the army full freedom to go in and take out everything"
Khujlidiot has no integrity, he is a chameleon, his latest act of embracing Congress and Shiela Dixit, the same CM whom he had sworn-ed to destroty and put in jail, for grabbing power. nothing can be more nauseating than this a$$hole

We are still in the middle of modernisation of air defence, we don't have enough modern SAMs. In 2-3 years, we will have sufficient defences in place.

its a cat and mouse game - in 2-3 years PAF will get more goodies from China.. there will always be gaps.. it will never be 100% foolproof...

The problem is the mobilisation of funds

No its not an issue of funds or their mobilization. The issue is that of fear of being tarred by the brush of scam. Every single deal is marred by scams so beaurocracy and politicians are too afraid to conclude any deal fast enough. By the time any deal happens, its too late too little.

Look at S-400. I will be surprised that it will be inducted even by 2080. China ordered this in 2014 and have it deployed by now. They will even copy it in few hours.

Or Rafale. Only by 2045 the real impact of these jets will be felt. I don't know what will happen by that time.

And lets not talk about HAL's retarded son Tejas. God damn, is this plane ever done? I doubt if the serial production of 40 planes can be completed by 2120. Here is the acid test: JF-17 took part in operations on 27th. Tejas is not even FOC if some folks are to be believed. And it is again back on drawing board because its damn cockpit is covered by only a cellophane sheet which gets torn even if pilot breathes.

Lastly, the mother of all: A god damn half way decent rifle. I mean countries have copied AK-47 like its no one's business and our home developed rifle is such a disgrace that it cracks in deployment. I once met a guard with the damn thing, his opinion was that it's sight get bent if you hold it too tight. It is as if this son-of-gun was build of coke-cans sheets.

So no, unlike our resident positive thinker @randomradio, I have a complete lack of faith in our Industrial and Beaurocractic setup to equip our forces. I mean, something are impossible, you will have to live with it. Like, you cann't have snow in Sahara or dust free Uttar Pradesh. This lack of ability to equip our forces is impossible to mitigate. Its like nuclear fusion : its always some years away. So, no, India cannot build half way decent missile shields or upgrade our fighters or for the love of God even a working pistol. Heck, we cann't even buy one without someone in Parliament or public discourse having immense pain in posteriors. We don't have that in our DNA. We have to live with it and work around it. It is unfortunate that we will always have to bring sticks to a gun-fight. The best we can do is to make sure the sticks are atleast not hollow or rotten. And that we don't do a Don Quixote but fight cleverly.

Folks, I love my nation as much as the other bloke but you cann't turn a blind eye to the fact that no much how you love your sibling/son/daughter/whatever, if she is retarded, she has to ride the short bus. Plain and simple! About time we start finding ways around our perpetual lack of weapons and leaders.

it will show where our SAR assets can be deployed and how.. possibly also intel share with other countries who do not wish to be dragged into this conflict? my speculation
It's speculation. I don't see how the PA / PAF will be unaware of how we deploy SAR assets, given that they'd be responsible for camouflage of their NW & vectors. As far as other states go, everyone who wants to oppose Pakistan is doing it openly viz US, France, UK, Israel, etc.

Christine Fair raised valid doubts on our intent and capability. The former was present, the latter lacking. At times she seems more keen for us to engage and reduce PA's ability to wage war & mischief than our political / security managers.

She is free to question it. It makes no change to the ground situation.

The same with all those people claiming an MKI was shot down or an F-16 was shot down. It's all irrelevant. Kinda like sports. Unless you are party to it, winning or losing holds no relevance to your own life. India beat Australia today, will that get you a promotion? The only thing you can take home with you is an ego boost.

The ones who are party to it are the ones feeling the heat. The general population's opinions are totally irrelevant to the people in uniform as long as public opinion is in their favour.

Having said that, Modi has a tendency to exaggerate. While one doesn't doubt his intent or his ability to take bold decisions, it's his tendency for severe milking of it for publicity & gross exaggeration that is grating at times. One can't deny the fact that he too is a product of his times. But.....

He has been mum about everything the entire time anyway.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
1) We will keep discussing about the toys and stuff but the fact is we lack capability to decide when to use it. You have a stone and there is some one coming to hit you with pebble, you don't throw your stone on time and you get a hit. It is possible that you don't remain in condition to throw stone after words.

2) This is exactly what has happened this time. The INDIAN AIRFORCE should have retaliated the same day after the PAF raid. We missed the golden chance. The perception build up was not necessary after Pak had violated and struck the military.

3) By not retaliating to the Pak military India giving a signal that they are NOT a terrorist nation. The best reason was Pakistan military supported the extremists so India had to go defensive offense.

4) I again say, even now, nothing is wrong, if India gets the opportunity to retaliate India must do it. India does not need world telling her when to escalate and when not to.

No its not an issue of funds or their mobilization. The issue is that of fear of being tarred by the brush of scam. Every single deal is marred by scams so beaurocracy and politicians are too afraid to conclude any deal fast enough. By the time any deal happens, its too late too little.

Look at S-400. I will be surprised that it will be inducted even by 2080. China ordered this in 2014 and have it deployed by now. They will even copy it in few hours.

Or Rafale. Only by 2045 the real impact of these jets will be felt. I don't know what will happen by that time.

And lets not talk about HAL's retarded son Tejas. God damn, is this plane ever done? I doubt if the serial production of 40 planes can be completed by 2120. Here is the acid test: JF-17 took part in operations on 27th. Tejas is not even FOC if some folks are to be believed. And it is again back on drawing board because its damn cockpit is covered by only a cellophane sheet which gets torn even if pilot breathes.

Lastly, the mother of all: A god damn half way decent rifle. I mean countries have copied AK-47 like its no one's business and our home developed rifle is such a disgrace that it cracks in deployment. I once met a guard with the damn thing, his opinion was that it's sight get bent if you hold it too tight. It is as if this son-of-gun was build of coke-cans sheets.

So no, unlike our resident positive thinker @randomradio, I have a complete lack of faith in our Industrial and Beaurocractic setup to equip our forces. I mean, something are impossible, you will have to live with it. Like, you cann't have snow in Sahara or dust free Uttar Pradesh. This lack of ability to equip our forces is impossible to mitigate. Its like nuclear fusion : its always some years away. So, no, India cannot build half way decent missile shields or upgrade our fighters or for the love of God even a working pistol. Heck, we cann't even buy one without someone in Parliament or public discourse having immense pain in posteriors. We don't have that in our DNA. We have to live with it and work around it. It is unfortunate that we will always have to bring sticks to a gun-fight. The best we can do is to make sure the sticks are atleast not hollow or rotten. And that we don't do a Don Quixote but fight cleverly.

Folks, I love my nation as much as the other bloke but you cann't turn a blind eye to the fact that no much how you love your sibling/son/daughter/whatever, if she is retarded, she has to ride the short bus. Plain and simple! About time we start finding ways around our perpetual lack of weapons and leaders.

Cynicism is fine, but it would be good to base it on facts.

3) By not retaliating to the Pak military India giving a signal that they are NOT a terrorist nation. The best reason was Pakistan military supported the extremists so India had to go defensive offense.

4) I again say, even now, nothing is wrong, if India gets the opportunity to retaliate India must do it. India does not need world telling her when to escalate and when not to.
I am in the same boat - but only 50%, the other 50% says - we will "retaliate of our choosing" instead of a knee jerk reaction. we have seen this with surgical strike I and surgical strike II..
where the retaliation came on an unexpected day
in an unexpected way

I am hoping this will continue.. and that happens within days and not months.

I am in the same boat - but only 50%, the other 50% says - we will "retaliate of our choosing" instead of a knee jerk reaction. we have seen this with surgical strike I and surgical strike II..
where the retaliation came on an unexpected day
in an unexpected way

I am hoping this will continue.. and that happens within days and not months.

Yes, and not just that, India should make it clear and keep reminding the world, that the retaliation is pending, keep the heat on! Otherwise Imran Khan's propaganda might get support.

Status
Not open for further replies.