Status
Not open for further replies.
You are only quoting to make fun you did not understand my post.
if you have something to discuss then quote me

DRDO will be challenged by Military to prove it's worth.

And yes there is no problem to build an array of such radars across border

1. I did understand your post. You didn't get what I was saying.
2. DRDO will be challenged and so will be any other vendor.
3. Keeping such radars operational all the time has running cost implications, setting them up is not a big issue.

Reactions: screambowl
1. I did understand your post. You didn't get what I was saying.

I understood your post when you spoke about college made radars can't be used as they have to be over sensitive, the software needs to be glitch free and and the radar needs to have long range and should be integrated with fire control to engage with more than one target at a time.

College made radars can't do that that's obvious, but DRDO can and as you said they already have then it should be deployed to test it's efficiency, but we all know that Military will push for foreign equipment like KuRfs.

There you go, we are still dependent on american ammo (n)

I understood your post when you spoke about college made radars can't be used as they have to be over sensitive, the software needs to be glitch free and and the radar needs to have long range and should be integrated with fire control to engage with more than one target at a time.

College made radars can't do that that's obvious, but DRDO can and as you said they already have then it should be deployed to test it's efficiency, but we all know that Military will push for foreign equipment like KuRfs.

Do you have a ready market for everything you produce?
Do you understand economies of scale?
Do you understand the compulsions behind buying things cheaply now rather than spending huge amounts for domestic capability that will take years to mature

India can build everything given time and money - both are luxuries we dont have.

Providing for a billion plus people is kind of expensive. Then there are boring things like fiscal deficits, budgets and stuff real people have to worry about. We could in theory cancel stuff like road building and infrastructure upgrades and go crazy on defense but many other folks have found its not very healthy in the long run.

Take it as cast in stone - India will never be 100% self dependent in defense. Even the US doesnt aim for that.

Reactions: Golden_Rule
Take it as cast in stone - India will never be 100% self dependent in defense. Even the US doesnt aim for that

They are 100% independent when it comes to technology and R&D. Only for manufacturing they rely the others to reduce manufacturing cost.

India can build everything given time and money - both are luxuries we dont have.

Oh we have both time and money. The time we wasted on MMRCA is the best example.
Do you understand economies of scale?

You do not build weapons for one billion people, you do it for some sections of armed forces in limited quantity.

Simple economics is

1. You have enemy
2. you have labor
3. you have technology
4. you have industry

then whats stopping you to use that to build weapons to kill point number 1.
Do you understand the compulsions behind buying things cheaply now rather than spending huge amounts for domestic capability that will take years to mature

Then what is make in India for?

• Agree
Reactions: Paro and vingensys
You do not build weapons for one billion people, you do it for some sections of armed forces in limited quantity.

Simple economics is

1. You have enemy
2. you have labor
3. you have technology
4. you have industry

You sir seem to be a disciple of Vishwa Bandhu Gupta - Cloud Computing Wale.

And just FYI US does pick up stuff even when its not derived from their own R&D - case point Chobham armor for the Abrams.
I can go on but I guess I have made my point.

DRDO can design one, but not confident the chaps at OFB will be able to deliver a quality product.

OFB wants to keep armed forces hostage to its shoddy products. There was a thread on the order forum about a review done by a gun collector on the INSAS where he commented on the poor build quality and wondered why Indian forces put up with such BS. Was really a sad eye opener.

OFB wants to keep armed forces hostage to its shoddy products. There was a thread on the order forum about a review done by a gun collector on the INSAS where he commented on the poor build quality and wondered why Indian forces put up with such BS. Was really a sad eye opener.
Well, it's not as simple.

Insas, when introduced was a great product in concept. it took elements from AKM, M16 and FAL and packaged it into a low cost high volume product. Unfortunately, ARDE/OFB is marred with chalta hai attitude and did not invest in keeping the gun up to date and keep updating the gun.

Along a similar time frame, another AK based mongrel was being built by IMI (now IWI) - Galil, but it went through upgrades and it is still a viable gun today. The fault lies in poor leadership of OFB, MoD as well as Indian Military's procurement process. Not just ARDC/OFB.
Remember F-Insas program?

• Agree
Reactions: R!cK and suryakiran
Well, it's not as simple.

Insas, when introduced was a great product in concept. it took elements from AKM, M16 and FAL and packaged it into a low cost high volume product. Unfortunately, ARDE/OFB is marred with chalta hai attitude and did not invest in keeping the gun up to date and keep updating the gun.

Along a similar time frame, another AK based mongrel was being built by IMI (now IWI) - Galil, but it went through upgrades and it is still a viable gun today. The fault lies in poor leadership of OFB, MoD as well as Indian Military's procurement process. Not just ARDC/OFB.
Remember F-Insas program?
True i used to read about F Insas future infantry soldier as a system in Indian armys wiki page. Is it going on or scrapped????

True i used to read about F Insas future infantry soldier as a system in Indian armys wiki page. Is it going on or scrapped????
Well, I don't know about if it's going to be scrapped.
In my opinion, an infantry system isn't really futuristic if it's based upon a caliber design thats older than my dad.
7.62x51Nato > 308 win introduced - 1952
5.56 nato > 223 Rem introduced 1957
7.62x39 > Introduced 1944

Guys...Pakistan to remain in FATF's 'Grey List' till February 2020: Reports - Times of India

This report about Pakistan avoiding blacklist ... and continuing in grey list until Feb 2020 review.. first appeared in Pakistani website DAWN.. Then it has been reproduced as is ... in Indian portals...
When Pakistan was grey listed they had similarly jumped the gun a couple of days before the meeting ended .. and published that Pakistan had avoided grey listing...

Even if it's not scrapped, the Army will reject it 4000 times. That will also be the fate of the radars built for counter drone operations by DRDO before 10 years they won't get inducted and after 10 years they will be outdated and the solution will be importing KuFrs system from US :ROFLMAO:

Indian Army plans to procure drones to counter enemy threats
The recent Indian Army commanders' conference ended with a decision to procure slow moving UAVs which can double up as missiles to counter any threat from across the border. The decision comes after IB submitted a detailed report on Pak drones. :ROFLMAO:
IANS|

Oct 16, 20 ..

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/71612264.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

I really appreciate Pakistanis that they are one step ahead in innovating military tactics and wake us up every time. Lethargist in military and ministries were sleeping till now.

Reactions: Deathstar
You sir seem to be a disciple of Vishwa Bandhu Gupta - Cloud Computing Wale.

And just FYI US does pick up stuff even when its not derived from their own R&D - case point Chobham armor for the Abrams.
I can go on but I guess I have made my point.

No sir, what I only meant is we will be mistaken if we start to believe that US is incapable of building armor for the Abrahms. You guys have no idea what level the Americans have industrial espionage around the world. They fund the R&D and Unis around the world to get the best out of them.

For example, US has good presence in IIT which gets them skilled labours. Similarly in Germany and Singapore they have the same presence to get the best of their minds to work for them in building both civilian and defence technology.

China became threat to Americans because they also started funding the unis and R&D institutions around the world to get the best of the technology and that's what industrial espionage is all about which Chinese have mastered.

India is not even close to start this. We are doomed in this big time due to lack of vision and inaction. This is really sad!

No sir, what I only meant is we will be mistaken if we start to believe that US is incapable of building armor for the Abrahms. You guys have no idea what level the Americans have industrial espionage around the world. They fund the R&D and Unis around the world to get the best out of them.

For example, US has good presence in IIT which gets them skilled labours. Similarly in Germany and Singapore they have the same presence to get the best of their minds to work for them in building both civilian and defence technology.

China became threat to Americans because they also started funding the unis and R&D institutions around the world to get the best of the technology and that's what industrial espionage is all about which Chinese have mastered.

India is not even close to start this. We are doomed in this big time due to lack of vision and inaction. This is really sad!
We literally dont have even 10% of the penetration into R&D research china and US have. And we are not even trying to improve.

• Agree

Are you aware about Excalibur rounds, and how do they differ from conventional shells ? It's development did cost USA a fortune in money and time from 1992 to 2008. We can still fire our Howitzers, the Excalibur is a smart ammunition in itself make a sniper out of a canon.

And I was tempted to take a jibe here, my internet firewall literally tackled me out of my seat. AI is getting stonger these days.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.