Indian Political Discussion

Yesterday, HT in Delhi published a very funny prediction of an astrologer and that seems to be coming true. The prediction was that BJP will come within shooting distance of forming the govt but HDK will become the CM as only he has the Guru Bal in his horoscope and others do not have strength in their horoscope this time around. So with 40 odd seats HDK will become the CM to be toppled by BJP after four months when Yeddy gets the strength in his horoscope.

Yup, I can see BJP letting JDS-CON form a short term government, before they are toppled in even worse fashion than the "Mahagathbandhan" in Bihar.

LOOOOOOL. BJP has picked up the 2 "independents" and gotten DK Shivakumar and 6 more of his follower MP's from Congress to cross over. It's gonna be BJP in Karnataka.

• Agree
Reactions: Aravind
Ali baba(cong) and 40 chor (jds) trying to form gov. in bengaluru

The only way that happens is if Shah decides to let them self destruct by doing so. If BJP wants, they'll form the Govt right now, otherwise they'll do it in 6 months-1 year when CON-JDS falls apart.

Another thing not factored in yet, is that 8-10 Congress MLA's were guys who jumped ship from the JDS just before elections, no saying what they'll do in this situation either.

Reactions: Nilgiri and Aravind
And now there are potential rebels from JDS in North Karnataka who are vehemently opposed to a tie up with Congress. As I said earlier, it's all up to Amit Shah, whatever he wants, will happen.

Horse trading means bjp buing jds mlas

Yes. BJP can ask Cong and JDS MLAs to shift alliances. For example, a small time MLA with no real future can be promised a cabinet seat if he moves to the BJP. Many will be happy with under the table exchange of money and favours as well.

There will be many Cong and JDS MLAs who won't be happy with an alliance. So they can also make the switch out of spite.

Until the govt is fully set up, the election continues.

• Agree
BJP is well within its rights to poach MLAs from JDS. This father-son duo is worst. In my earlier posts also I had stated that they can't be trusted. BJP played a game by putting weak candidates where JDS was strong to allow them to win with an understanding that BJP+JDS will form the govt in case of hung assembly. But the Father-son duo scootted the moment they saw a chance to be CM. One Dynasty supporting another dynasty.

• Agree
BJP is well within its rights to poach MLAs from JDS. This father-son duo is worst. In my earlier posts also I had stated that they can't be trusted. BJP played a game by putting weak candidates where JDS was strong to allow them to win with an understanding that BJP+JDS will form the govt in case of hung assembly. But the Father-son duo scootted the moment they saw a chance to be CM. One Dynasty supporting another dynasty.
If you have no problem with bjp corruption why do you have a problem with so called congress corruption?

Yes. BJP can ask Cong and JDS MLAs to shift alliances. For example, a small time MLA with no real future can be promised a cabinet seat if he moves to the BJP. Many will be happy with under the table exchange of money and favours as well.

There will be many Cong and JDS MLAs who won't be happy with an alliance. So they can also make the switch out of spite.

Until the govt is fully set up, the election continues.

A happy under the table exchange has definitely happened with governor.

A happy under the table exchange has definitely happened with governor.

Can't say. Karnataka's a Congress bastion, they won't allow BJP to rule here. The Gov may support either party.

BJP coming to power here is very unlikely. I see a JDS+Cong govt here. But from the way it's turned out, Modi will comfortably win the General Elections next year.

Can't say. Karnataka's a Congress bastion, they won't allow BJP to rule here. The Gov may support either party.

BJP coming to power here is very unlikely. I see a JDS+Cong govt here. But from the way it's turned out, Modi will comfortably win the General Elections next year.

Plus bjp with yeddy, reddy and sriramulu...they can pretend to be unified but in reality they will once again start bickering and pushing the government into chaos. The only thing they’re ever unified on is looting and corruption. In that they operate completely smoothly.