Indian Political Discussion

Don't know if vsdoc supports Congress, don't actually think he does, but even amongst a lot of those who voted BJP, I've seen this sudden lack of perspective/over-disappointment. I understand BJP made big promises before coming to power, and obviously under-delivered in comparison to those promises.

But there is not a single plank on which you can logically argue that this current Government hasn't been much much better than Congress.
Promises by political parties are to be taken with a bag of salt. But if I compare areas like road construction, railways , swatch Bharat or Jan dhan yojana where the results are tangible, then Modi government has done a fantastic job. If one expects every damn problem to be solved in 5 years, then he deserves a government headed by Pappu!!

Way too early and reactionary to claim that. The truth is, a party that is ideologically bound to function by itself, and at best, with a couple other ideologically aligned parties; needs to have both an LS majority, as the BJP already does, and more importantly, an RS majority, which they haven't acquired yet.

This becomes even more true when you've got people like Modi and Shah who don't play too well with others and who have hugely ambitious goals/objectives that essentially amount to flipping a country around 180 degrees overnight after 70 years of plodding along in the same direction.

So wait until they retain their LS majority in 2019 (hopefully while having to rely on as few allies as possible), and until they manage to capture the RS majority. After that, they basically won't need cooperation from a lot of these other parties/people, and will have their hands untied to go after a lot more corruption and reforms/campaign promises that they didn't have the freedom to pursue. At that point, they will also be able to point to the first term and say clearly, that they tried to cooperate with and take the Opposition parties into confidence, but those parties chose not to play ball and preferred to engage in five years of filibustering instead. The logic there is similar to how Modi attempted a reset with the Pakistanis, we all knew it was bound to fail, but for the sake of optics/building justification for his later stance, he still had to try.

There is no chance of bjp getting full majority olin 2019, huge section of bjp supporters in 2014 lost hope on this useless bunch the only reason they might vote for bjp is bcz there is no good opposition. I am sure that modi will fail in his next term when he has to head a coalition govt.

• Agree
Reactions: Infowarrior
There is no chance of bjp getting full majority olin 2019, huge section of bjp supporters in 2014 lost hope on this useless bunch the only reason they might vote for bjp is bcz there is no good opposition. I am sure that modi will fail in his next term when he has to head a coalition govt.

Then the people of India will deserve what they get. Enjoy the inevitable UPA 3 with its bumbling foreign policy, outright capitulation to Pakistan and China, myriad scams, cancerous economic policy, appeasement of radical Muslims and varied other anti-national elements, and general inability to get anything done with a million different stakeholders all tugging in opposite directions etc etc.

Reactions: Paro and Bali78
Then the people of India will deserve what they get. Enjoy the inevitable UPA 3 with its bumbling foreign policy, outright capitulation to Pakistan and China, myriad scams, cancerous economic policy, appeasement of radical Muslims and varied other anti-national elements, and general inability to get anything done with a million different stakeholders all tugging in opposite directions etc etc.

Can you blame people for it ? Would it result in any change ? We always knew people of this nation are dumb. The so called nationalists in BJP should have taken some steps visible to public inorder to keep their base intact. Majority of people that voted for bjp including right leaning people like me didnt expect that ram mandir would be built or ucc would be implemented in 5 yrs. But wanted to see corrupt people behind bars. But, nothing happend under BJP the corrupt have been let off from cases and are freely leaving the country. They are trying to get in to alliance with jagan in A.P who is the most corrupt politician in India and whose father wanted to make A.P a christian state and went on to even attack 7 hills of tirupati while ditching a person like CBN. How low can a party that claims to be hindu nationalist stoop ? To me there isn't any difference between bjp and congress of late. Lets see if modi could stop corruption from his allies when he heads a coalition govt in 2019.

• Agree
Reactions: Infowarrior
Mods, I request you to not delete this, message. I reserve this for my future critical analysis of Union Budget 2018-19. Busy...
@Levina
Again Mods, I request you to not delete this, message. I reserve this for my more critical analysis budget and socio-political implication.
@Levina
Again Mods, I request you to not delete this, message. I reserve this for my more critical analysis of ‘World’s Largest Health Programme’
@Levina

So, where is the analysis?

Reactions: Paro
Personally I am all talked out.

I am sure all you guys are correct.

Anyways the last 3 years was the time for debate. And results. If any.

Now we are in election mode.

The die has been cast gentlemen.

All the best.

Cheers, Doc

They are trying to get in to alliance with jagan in A.P who is the most corrupt politician in India and whose father wanted to make A.P a christian state and went on to even attack 7 hills of tirupati while ditching a person like CBN.

If most of your state thought like you , Jagan wouldn't have enjoyed such support . Why blame the BJP then for hedging between YSR Congress and the TDP ? Welcome to power politics .

Are you happy with how they are managing Kashmir? Any promises fulfilled there? Any return of our Pandits? Any ceasing of the BS of the Amarnath Yatra needing permission to pass?

Lets call a spade a spade. Modi made an *censored* of Hindus. And Hindus swallowed it hook line and sinker. While the gujjju lobby laughed its way to (and out of) the bank. No pun intended.

Cheers, Doc
Patience is a virtue my friend. Patience. Exactly a year ago every news network was running after the Kashmir separatists gang. Gov had to take their permission to even conduct a rally in Kashmir.
Now? Where are they? 70 years of crap can’t be removed in one term. Give it time. You have endured Congress for 60 years, endure the present government for 1 whole term at least.

Last edited:
What kind of twisted pathetic logic is this? First these stats may be well wrong.

Second you included 80+% of people in UP the only thing you left are general category hindus which is already fractional part.

Third should police ask for caste certificate when attacked? Or you want to kill innocent uper caste hindus just to beautify the state and look secular? What kind of pathetic twisted mentality is that? If these stats are correct does it not tell you where does majority of criminals even after providing 50% reservation comes from? Was destroying lives of general class by implementing reservation is not enough that you want to kill them too?

Maybe those twisted sources don't tell you but every encounter is automatically sent to judicial inquiry. Unless you say those 50% reserved judges and muslim judges somehow give clean chit to every wrong even when they are targeted your argument is frivolous.

And please next time tag me or reply me an article from sensible people not venomous snakes that knows nothing but to lie to core. Everything that comes out of that mentality stink. Use your mind don't rent others.
I have no intention to kill or harm any innocent person , And I didn't create these religious caste creed differences in society either. I just trying to understand why people behave in a certain way. And help bridge the ideological gap and reduce mistrust.

Pradhan Sevak Modi said "Painful even if puppy comes under wheel"
I just don't see any pain or remorse for puppies coming under the wheel.

On one hand :
UP govt to withdraw 20,000 political cases; Yogi Adityanath calls Opposition's support to make state peaceful, investor-friendly
UP govt to withdraw 20,000 political cases; Yogi Adityanath calls Opposition's support to make state peaceful, investor-friendly - Firstpost -- link

On the other hand these police encounter deaths: indirect death penalty
Police encounters won’t stop in Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath
"It is unfortunate that some people are showing sympathy toward criminals. This is dangerous for democracy," said Yogi Adityanath.
Police encounters won’t stop in Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath -- link

Over 900 encounters in Yogi Adityanath regime, 31 goons gunned down
Over 900 encounters in Yogi Adityanath regime, 31 goons gunned down - Times of India -- link

And most of the police encounter deaths, happen to be criminals with links to SP and BSP and muslims linked to both parties.

But there is more coverage of political killings in non-BJP ruled states like Kerala.

@bonobashi @Hellfire @nair
I thought justice is supposed to be blind, without any bias.?

Attachments

• LondonJusticeNotBlindmrz073013dAPR20130730124532.jpg
    LondonJusticeNotBlindmrz073013dAPR20130730124532.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Patience is a virtue my friend. Patience. Exactly a year ago every news network was running after the Kashmir separatists gang. Gov had to take their permission to even conduct a rally in Kashmir.
Now? Where are they? 70 years of crap can’t be removed in one term. Give it time. You have endured Congress for 60 years, endure the present government for 1 whole term at least.

Patience "might" have had a role if people still believed the BJP was trying, but either monumentally incompetent, or simply against odds too big with the time too little.

Such has increasingly not been the case since the Demonetisation and the non stop free hand given to lumpen elements.

Be that as it may, the BJP would still have won if they'd managed the economy well, even if all else went to seed.

Gujarat is the definitive signal that the tide has turned.

Hindus (a large section) still like the idea of a Hindu dominant India.

But with the leadership championing that, they are waking up to the realisation that they simply cannot afford the price.

That probably in the end is whats going to save us from ourselves.

Hindu pragmatism and labh.

Cheers, Doc

I have no intention to kill or harm any innocent person , And I didn't create these religious caste creed differences in society either. I just trying to understand why people behave in a certain way. And help bridge the ideological gap and reduce mistrust.

Pradhan Sevak Modi said "Painful even if puppy comes under wheel"
I just don't see any pain or remorse for puppies coming under the wheel.

On one hand :
UP govt to withdraw 20,000 political cases; Yogi Adityanath calls Opposition's support to make state peaceful, investor-friendly
UP govt to withdraw 20,000 political cases; Yogi Adityanath calls Opposition's support to make state peaceful, investor-friendly - Firstpost -- link

On the other hand these police encounter deaths: indirect death penalty
Police encounters won’t stop in Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath
"It is unfortunate that some people are showing sympathy toward criminals. This is dangerous for democracy," said Yogi Adityanath.
Police encounters won’t stop in Uttar Pradesh: Yogi Adityanath -- link

Over 900 encounters in Yogi Adityanath regime, 31 goons gunned down
Over 900 encounters in Yogi Adityanath regime, 31 goons gunned down - Times of India -- link

And most of the police encounter deaths, happen to be criminals with links to SP(OBC like Yadavs) and BSP(SC likeJatavs) and muslims linked to both parties.

But there is more coverage of political killings in non-BJP ruled states like Kerala.

@bonobashi @Hellfire @nair
I thought justice is supposed to be blind, without any bias.?
First you are confusing political killing of CPI goons with criminals attacking the police. They are not even apples and oranges. Don't hide the murderers or justify them cuz they are not in BJP ruled state or not by BJP workers.

Second, most SHO (Head of police stations) are Yadav, they were hired and appointed politically by Akhilesh only and they are not expelled so if those same political appointees are happy to kill criminal of their own caste what is wrong? Why is it so hard to call criminal a criminal and not to reduce to mayawati level of finding caste of everything????? Is it too much to ask?

Third the decision to take back cases is normal and done by every govt. be it SP or BSP or Congress or anyone. Whenever there is an issue there will be demonstrations, such demonstrations often turn violent due to practical need or by political hijacking, both ways people are instigated and damage is done.
Now you have two options, either to lock everyone, keep wasting money on them and keep fighting the legal battle for masses and ignore more pressing issues. Or you place them in jail for an year or some good time, make them pay some fees as fine, make them waste some in litigation and leave them with warning. They get the message and they will behave next time.

Next time you quote about justice or any meme on it remember the objective of justice is not an eye for but to punish people and (important thing that most people don't get) and to correct them to bring them into the main stream.

Humans are resources of state it stupid to waste them in jail when they can be used for better works. You also need to understand no case in which any killing is involved or habitual offender is dropped, only first timers whose life don't get destroyed due to police background are dropped. This same thing was done in Kashmir where first time stone pelters cases were withdrawn. The idea is to main stream them and not to create thousands and thousands of enemies of state. Correction is main issue which people blinded with hatred often forget. States have more responsibilities than average joe and have to act accordingly so I am sorry if you can't understand or find it outrageous.

Forth and finally no you don't want to learn a damn thing, you are filled with caste or religious hatred and that's done by systematic brain washing by Janta ka Reporter and cousins. If 1% of yourself want to actualy understand what is going on stop living in the world of venom and hatred, change your sources, they are too filthy and for god sake don't mix everything everywhere. Your 100% posts are with religions and caste colors and you want us to belive you mean well?

If most of your state thought like you , Jagan wouldn't have enjoyed such support . Why blame the BJP then for hedging between YSR Congress and the TDP ? Welcome to power politics .

Lol I am highlighting the hypocrisy of modi, amit shah and BJP. How they cheated the nation by calling themselves Hindu nationalists and anti corrupt when they are neither fighting for hindu cause nor nationalists and how they are aiding corrupt people. The alliance with BJP wouldnt make any difference in either Telugu states. There are high chances of KCR and CBN retaining power in the two states.

If I go by your logic then people shouldn't be concerned if BJP gets in to alliance with parties like tmc in bengal or IUML in kerala or MIM in hyderabad or even congress all across the country cause these parties are supported by people in their states and congress still had 20% voteshare in 2014 even after all the corruption charges.

Lol I am highlighting the hypocrisy of modi, amit shah and BJP. How they cheated the nation by calling themselves Hindu nationalists and anti corrupt when they are neither fighting for hindu cause nor nationalists and how they are aiding corrupt people. The alliance with BJP wouldnt make any difference in either Telugu states. There are high chances of KCR and CBN retaining power in the two states.

I think it's very clear why the BJP led NDA came to power in 2014. They campaigned solely on a development plank & that's what appealed to the voters who saw them as a viable alternative. Please tell me where exactly in their entire campaign did they cast themselves as "Hindu Nationalists" . Kindly cite credible references.Did they ever focus solely on the RAM Janmabhoomi or the UCC in the campaign ? Had they done so , your charge would be valid .

They attacked the UPA on corruption , policy paralysis and a floundering economy . Of the three , barring a meandering & somewhat erratic path growth , the NDA has given us a relatively corruption free dynamic adminstration. One can debate the efficacy of their campaign to prosecute UPA era corruption scams or the fact that the economy or even job creation hasn't really delivered to the extent of their promises .Having said that , it's unfortunate that they have to choose partners from political parties deemed corrupt but like others they have to swim in the same waters . Which is why I stated - had the rest of AP thought like you , the BJP wouldn't be seen cavorting with this lot . I can't comment on electoral politics in Telengana or AP. That's your area of expertise .

If I go by your logic then people shouldn't be concerned if BJP gets in to alliance with parties like tmc in bengal or IUML in kerala or MIM in hyderabad or even congress all across the country cause these parties are supported by people in their states and congress still had 20% voteshare in 2014 even after all the corruption charges.
I answered your question partially in my above post . The BJP will take as partners those with whom they can reach an accommodation , in order for them to provide effective government whether in the states or at the centre .I reside in Maharashtra. You may probably see the Shiv Sena as an ultra right party of and for Hindus . Which they are . What's little known outside Maharashtra is their blatant extortionate and highly corrupt ways. Out here the SS and another regional player Sharad Pawar's NCP are widely recognised as two of the most corrupt parties around followed by the Congress and then the BJP. By virtue of comparison to the other three the BJP is still widely seen to be a relatively cleaner outfit . That doesn't translate to zero corruption in their ranks.

Please educate yourself on the compulsions of electoral politics instead of making purportedly smart statements like the BJP couple tie up with the Congress or MIM or even the TMC just because they enjoy the people's mandate . Please refer to the results of the 1996 general elections . The BJP emerged as the single biggest party , got invited by the President to form the government and couldn't muster a majority in the Lok Sabha given that not a single party decided to join hands with it outside their circle of allies . It would be useful for you to know that the Left Front ( different communist parties ) secured 52 seats and Jyoti Basu was tipped to be the PM as leader of the third front backed up by the Congress - a move scuttled ( many would say sabotaged )by his party's polit bureau. Where are the Communists today ?

Incidentally they're still stuck up on the theory of ideological purity . They still pursue archaic political strategies like the political tactical line - an outdated concept first conceived and implemented by the Indian Communists in the early 1950's - itself a strategy taken up from the playbook of the global communist movement meant to team up with the lesser evil when the Communists aren't strong enough to dictate proceedings and having got into the drivers seat through such manoeuvres , seize power at the first opportunity. Perhaps , You ought to read up on it .

Were the BJP not nimble or adept at adapting itself to the situation they'd be giving company to the Communists.

These are electoral compulsions. One has to make necessary compromises to achieve power and sustain it without losing focus or diluting one's ideology solely for the sake of power - as the Congress has been known to do consistently which has landed them where they are today . At the best of times it's a tightrope walk .

Last edited:
I think it's very clear why the BJP led NDA came to power in 2014. They campaigned solely on a development plank & that's what appealed to the voters who saw them as a viable alternative. Please tell me where exactly in their entire campaign did they cast themselves as "Hindu Nationalists" . Kindly cite credible references.Did they ever focus solely on the RAM Janmabhoomi or the UCC in the campaign ? Had they done so , your charge would be valid .

Oh common didn't modi call himself hindu nationalist during an intw with english media?

They attacked the UPA on corruption , policy paralysis and a floundering economy . Of the three , barring a meandering & somewhat erratic path growth , the NDA has given us a relatively corruption free dynamic adminstration. One can debate the efficacy of their campaign to prosecute UPA era corruption scams or the fact that the economy or even job creation hasn't really delivered to the extent of their promises .

Modi promised he would be a chowkidar for the nation and he failed on the promise too. It was under modis watch people that cheated the nation left the country happily duping us 1000's of crores while farmers committing suicide all around the country because they couldnt pay a loan of a lakh or two.

Having said that , it's unfortunate that they have to choose partners from political parties deemed corrupt but like others they have to swim in the same waters . Which is why I stated - had the rest of AP thought like you , the BJP wouldn't be seen cavorting with this lot . I can't comment on electoral politics in Telengana or AP. That's your area of expertise .

Modi promised to help A.P both during campaign phase and after he became PM. He went back on the promises he made to 5 cr people and the centre did practically nothing for this newly promised state. And yes the majority of A.P thinks the same way as I do there is a reason why ycp lost election in 2014 when they had the best chance, they couldn't win any of the recent by elections in the state nor could they save there mla's/mp's from switching parties. They will fail even worse in the next election.

I answered your question partially in my above post . The BJP will take as partners those with whom they can reach an accommodation , in order for them to provide effective government whether in the states or at the centre .I reside in Maharashtra. You may probably see the Shiv Sena as an ultra right party of and for Hindus . Which they are . What's little known outside Maharashtra is their blatant extortionate and highly corrupt ways. Out here the SS and another regional player Sharad Pawar's NCP are widely recognised as two of the most corrupt parties around followed by the Congress and then the BJP. By virtue of comparison to the other three the BJP is still widely seen to be a relatively cleaner outfit . That doesn't translate to zero corruption in their ranks.

Please educate yourself on the compulsions of electoral politics instead of making purportedly smart statements like the BJP couple tie up with the Congress or MIM or even the TMC just because they enjoy the people's mandate . Please refer to the results of the 1996 general elections . The BJP emerged as the single biggest party , got invited by the President to form the government and couldn't muster a majority in the Lok Sabha given that not a single party decided to join hands with it outside their circle of allies . It would be useful for you to know that the Left Front ( different communist parties ) secured 52 seats and Jyoti Basu was tipped to be the PM as leader of the third front backed up by the Congress - a move scuttled ( many would say sabotaged )by his party's polit bureau. Where are the Communists today ?

Incidentally they're still stuck up on the theory of ideological purity . They still pursue archaic political strategies like the political tactical line - an outdated concept first conceived and implemented by the Indian Communists in the early 1950's - itself a strategy taken up from the playbook of the global communist movement meant to team up with the lesser evil when the Communists aren't strong enough to dictate proceedings and having got into the drivers seat through such manoeuvres , seize power at the first opportunity. Perhaps , You ought to read up on it .

Were the BJP not nimble or adept at adapting itself to the situation they'd be giving company to the Communists.

These are electoral compulsions. One has to make necessary compromises to achieve power and sustain it without losing focus or diluting one's ideology solely for the sake of power - as the Congress has been known to do consistently which has landed them where they are today . At the best of times it's a tightrope walk .

True BJP can ally themseleves with whomever they want and I am no one to stop them. I never had an issue when BJP allied with pdp in J&K but they had an option in A.P. They are looking to ally with someone whose family wanted to change the demographics of A.P and a party's president who has to attend CBI court every week to present himself and whose only aim to become CM of a state bcz he wants to save himself from CBI cases. Do you realize the significance of 7 hills of tirupati to south Indians and how ysr tried to attack the temple ? This is nothing less than attacking Kashi in modern day India. This is something that neither the Hindu nor the Indian in me could ever accept.

Communists lost their significance mainly bcz there idealogy was never appealing to majority of Indians especially the new generation. A reason why jnu walas have no traction among the new generation Indians even though they pose themselves as students. Though BJP is a party perceived to be least corrupt party today there alliance with people who are perceived to be openly corrupt would dimnish there image too and start erasing the fine line that seperates them from other political parties. Atleast I dont see the difference between congress aligning with lalu or mulayam types from bjp alligning with jagan.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Reactions: Aravind