Indian Political Discussion

A true Maratha is never insecure of his women or them "ruling" over them.

You should know that and our history of strong women.

If they marry into us, and bear our sons and daughters, then they are us. No difference.

If they fight and bleed with us, and die by our sides, then they are us. No difference.

You should know that ...

Cheers, Doc

Extended Pawar parivar.

Cheers, Doc
Your beloved Pawar was the one that stopped her from becoming the PM. Left congress when she took power.

Reactions: vstol Jockey
Who is Fadnavis, is he not a Maratha Brahmin? And which Marathas had the best history of warfare, was it not Nagpur Marathas?
Naa Marathas is a Kshatriya caste like Rajputs. While Brahmins are different. Fadnavis is a Brahmin.
Shivaji Maharajs soldiers were mainly from Maval taluka in Pune district.
But Nagpur had an important Maratha kingdom
Just like Baroda , Gwalior , Indore

Your beloved Pawar was the one that stopped her from becoming the PM. Left congress when she took power.

Boss, I am very clear where my loyalties are. I hope you are as well.

I have been saying on this and other forums for over two, even three years now. What the local Maharashtrian ground sentiment against the hindutva crap and parivar bs is.

I was banned for telling some guys here what I really thought of them. So be it.

What went down in Maharashtra while I was on my ban gave me and legions like me immense satisfaction and pleasure.

I've come back here only to rub your collective noses in it.

Deal with it. Coz the real Hindus are coming for you. And there will be no mercy ...

Cheers, Doc
Naa Marathas is a Kshatriya caste like Rajputs. While Brahmins are different. Fadnavis is a Brahmin.
Shivaji Maharajs soldiers were mainly from Maval taluka in Pune district.
But Nagpur had an important Maratha kingdom
Just like Baroda , Gwalior , Indore

You are trying to explain our proud history to a Maratha hater and baiter from the north.

A pandit

The ones who didn't do shit.

Know that well.

Cheers, Doc

Who is Fadnavis, is he not a Maratha Brahmin? And which Marathas had the best history of warfare, was it not Nagpur Marathas?
He's a deshastha brahmin. Traditionally, Brahmins & Marathas have never seen eye to eye especially after the Peshwas were seen as usurpers of Shivaji's legacy. In the British era, the Brahmins of Maharashtra were mostly out of favour with the British given their association with the Peshwas though this is a generalization and casteism practised by the Brahmins didn't endear themselves to the Marathas.

Plus there were social movements launched by Mahatma Phule & Dr Ambedkar against Brahminism. These got conflated with the Marathas aim of undermining Brahmin influence. In particular Chattrapati Sahu of Kolhapur who was denied a coronation ceremony much like his ancestor Chattrapati Shivaji on account of not being a Kshatriya or of noble birth by the Brahmins of Pune & who subsequently sponsored Dr Ambedkar's education abroad, played a great part in forming such a rainbow coalition of Marathas with other depressed classes against Brahmins.

Post Independence , after Gandhi's assassination, there were anti Brahmin pogroms which resulted in deaths of dozens of Brahmins in Maharashtra if not hundreds & loss of their business & properties in riots instigated by the Marathas not out of love for Gandhi but out of spite to cut the Brahmins down to size. Since then the Brahmins forming merely 3-4% of the population in Maharashtra have ceded political space to the Marathas who constitute anywhere between 25-30% of the population here & gravitated mostly to the RSS / BJP while the Marathas dominate the NCP / INC. This is also a generalization.

Post Independence , after Gandhi's assassination, there were anti Brahmin pogroms which resulted in deaths of dozens of Brahmins in Maharashtra if not hundreds & loss of their business & properties in riots instigated by the Marathas not out of love for Gandhi but out of spite to cut the Brahmins down to size. Since then the Brahmins forming merely 3-4% of the population in Maharashtra have ceded political space to the Marathas who constitute anywhere between 25-30% of the population here & gravitated mostly to the RSS / BJP while the Marathas dominate the NCP / INC. This is also a generalization.
The first ever organised mass killings were done by Congress in 1948 after the assasination of the British agent Gandhi. Over 6000 brahmins were killed in riots and over 12000 displaced or had properties looted in Maharashtra.
Every struggle for liberation of india had been spearheaded by Brahmins. Even the celebrations of Ganesh Chaturthi were started by Bal Krishana Gokhale & Bal Gangadhar Tilak. There can be no talks of any Maratha kingdom without a Brahmin. Many call BajiPrabhu Deshpande a Kayastha but like every other Brahmin warrior, his lineage has been wrongly reported. Can anyone imagine Chatrapatiji Maharaj without BajiPrabhu? He died to save him from certain death and capture.

The first ever organised mass killings were done by Congress in 1948 after the assasination of the British agent Gandhi. Over 6000 brahmins were killed in riots and over 12000 displaced or had properties looted in Maharashtra.
Every struggle for liberation of india had been spearheaded by Brahmins. Even the celebrations of Ganesh Chaturthi were started by Bal Krishana Gokhale & Bal Gangadhar Tilak. There can be no talks of any Maratha kingdom without a Brahmin. Many call BajiPrabhu Deshpande a Kayastha but like every other Brahmin warrior, his lineage has been wrongly reported. Can anyone imagine Chatrapatiji Maharaj without BajiPrabhu? He died to save him from certain death and capture.
Baji Prabhu Deshpande was a CKP - Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu. They're considered next to Brahmins in the caste heirachy in Maharashtra. They were supposed to be well versed in the Vedas apart from other sacred texts and were janeudharis. Bal Thackeray was a CKP.

• Agree
Reactions: vsdoc
Baji Prabhu Deshpande was a CKP - Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu. They're considered next to Brahmins in the caste heirachy in Maharashtra. They were supposed to be well versed in the Vedas apart from other sacred texts and were janeudharis. Bal Thackeray was a CKP.
Let me see what @Deathstar has to say. AFAIK, Bajiprabhu was a Brahmin. I could be wrong. He wore Janeu and also choti with Shaiva tilak on his forehead which only brahmins can have.

Let me see what @Deathstar has to say. AFAIK, Bajiprabhu was a Brahmin. I could be wrong. He wore Janeu and also had Shaiva tilak on his forehead which only brahmins can have.
I think Bajirao Prabhu Deshpande was a Brahmin. A true warrior. Do read about him. Served his swaraj and king till his last breathe.
Peshwas swore loyalty to the Chatrapati of Satara ,the seat of Maratha empire. Maratha kingdom was at its peak during Peshwa rule.

Reactions: vstol Jockey
I am very happy that both CJI and Next COAS are from Maharashtra. Maharashtra is often ignored and doesn't get its due despite being the richest state.

Reactions: vsdoc
I think Bajirao Prabhu Deshpande was a Brahmin. A true warrior. Do read about him. Served his swaraj and king till his last breathe.
Peshwas swore loyalty to the Chatrapati of Satara ,the seat of Maratha empire. Maratha kingdom was at its peak during Peshwa rule.

He was CKP. It's not even disputed.

Cheers, Doc
I am very happy that both CJI and Next COAS are from Maharashtra. Maharashtra is often ignored and doesn't get its due despite being the richest state.

There is only really one solution to righting that travesty.

Trifurcation of UP.

Cheers, Doc

He was CKP. It's not even disputed.

Cheers, Doc
Just the way Lachaman Das who later became Banda Bahadur has been variously reported in wiki as a Khatri and Rajput. Those idiots who wrote on wiki did not even know that no Rajput ever has Das as his middle name or surname. They write Singh. Buddy you have shown your lack of knowledge here. Have you ever seen any of his statues in Maharshtra or any of his pictures without a choti? Since when have kayasthas started keeping a choti? Only Brahmins kept one.

Just the way Lachaman Das who later became Banda Bahadur has been variously reported in wiki as a Khatri and Rajput. Those idiots who wrote on wiki did not even know that no Rajput ever has Das as his middle name or surname. They write Singh. Buddy you have shown your lack of knowledge here. Have you ever seen any of his statues in Maharshtra or any of his pictures without a choti? Since when have kayasthas started keeping a choti? Only Brahmins kept one.

Unlike you I live here. And have lived here since 1989.

I don't wiki Maratha issues.

Cheers, Doc

Even I support trifurcation of UP. it is too big a state. I also support division of Maharshtra into two parts, Maharashtra and Vidharba.
If people of UP and Maharashtra , then it should be done. Though i am againt bifurcation of Maharashtra as Vidarbha heavily depends on western Maharashtra and the central Indian belt on whole is poor.