Indo-Israeli Barak-8 / MRSAM

This is true, it is mentioned in the 38th report. So there is at least one other version beyond LRSAM/MRSAM whatever they call it, unless they just merge it again.

Screenshot.png

Screenshot (1).png

This is true, it is mentioned in the 38th report. So there is at least one other version beyond LRSAM/MRSAM whatever they call it, unless they just merge it again.

View attachment 27087
View attachment 27088

In my opinion, the plan was always to use a booster in MRSAM(now maybe Akash-NG), just like what IAI did with their Barak-ER to get 150kms range from it(below image):

Screenshot_20230323-201805_Chrome.jpg

I think rather than MRSAM, we should use Akash-NG with booster to get close to 150-200kms range(Akash-NG being bigger than MRSAM using similar twin-pulse motor).

Reactions: _Anonymous_
3 missiles under project LRSAM is intriguing. Earlier there were rumours about 2 long range missiles. ERSAM(our Barak-ER equivalent) and AAD-1 or AD-1 derived XRSAM with close to 350-400 kms range.

The news/speculation about third missile is really an interesting one!
There is also a possibility that DRDO will use different types of booster to achieve different ranges and use a common missile.

Saurav Jha also said the ERSAM is in the works few months ago. At present lets just consider LRSAM & the ERSAM as sanctioned projects because we have proof on both. XRSAM we shall see how it pans out in future. In any case they will make these systems gradually, LRSAM ongoing, ERSAM taken up in current year per PSC doc.

One thing is taking lesson from current conflict almost certainly the armed forces may have asked to increase range on existing systems, because the threat perception will compel the user to do so. That means either variants in same system or whole new program, aka consider possibility of MRSAM having both 70km and 100km production variants in stock. Its up to the user to use wisely. We won't know a thing from outside.

LRSAM going to have SARH seeker.
Really?? All our lower tier AD missiles like Akash Prime, Akash NG, QRSAM, VL-SRSAM have or are going to have Active AESA seeker and our top tier AD missile like LRSAM is going to have Semi Active Seeker?? Really confused with this news:unsure:

Reactions: marich01
May be they will change from SARH to ARH as the project progresses.
I was wrong in the first comment, this may be for XRSAM & not IAC oriented LRSAM/MRSAM whatever as I first thought, since the tender is under Programme LRSAM seal. I guess this is what Saurav Jha meant by a capable desi S-400 type system.
Seems @Rajput Lion was totally disappointed that our beloved XRSAM is going to turn out like a giant Akash missile :LOL:

What is use case of semi active seekers though? I mean in todays threat detection situation, won't it be more useful that a long range AD system uses semi active seeker so the adversary ECM does not make counter & has very little option/time to react? I am not much knowledgeable on this subject though so don't know much.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
I was wrong in the first comment, this may be for XRSAM & not IAC oriented LRSAM/MRSAM whatever as I first thought, since the tender is under Programme LRSAM seal. I guess this is what Saurav Jha meant by a capable desi S-400 type system.
Seems @Rajput Lion was totally disappointed that our beloved XRSAM is going to turn out like a giant Akash missile :LOL:

What is use case of semi active seekers though? I mean in todays threat detection situation, won't it be more useful that a long range AD system uses semi active seeker so the adversary ECM does not make counter & has very little option/time to react? I am not much knowledgeable on this subject though so don't know much.
Semi Active Missiles need guidance right till the impact. ARH missiles go pitbull or lock the target with their own seeker in the end and thus are almost 'fire and forget' in the end game. Still shaking my head regarding SARH seeker news:sleep:

Reactions: marich01
Semi Active Missiles need guidance right till the impact. ARH missiles go pitbull or lock the target with their own seeker in the end and thus are almost 'fire and forget' in the end game. Still shaking my head regarding SARH seeker news:sleep:
Well I have heard this means they are mirroring S-400 thoroughly. So maybe its for good. One missile homing system is never good, there are always variants for variety of threats like S-400. Given we can take inspiration from an existing system, one of the interceptor missile will have SARH, another may have active homing. They have the tech & expertise, that is for sure.
I am unsure on multiple projects ERSAM XRSAM though, ERSAM is what, extended range? X or Ex whatever they pronounce maybe its just XRSAM system. I know that old sky blue pic where DRDO revealed ERSAM, but that one is quite old & later evolved into being called XRSAM? Maybe its just XRSAM pronounced exRSAM (aka ERSAM). Until more information is available we won't know for sure.

Reactions: Rajput Lion