Indo-Israeli Barak-8 / MRSAM

So we got good proof that xrsam project is Programme LRSAM. Those motors cost a bit. M1B is the booster part, not separate missile.
Posting a heavily edited pic, please remove if deemed violating rules.

kush02.png

epm01.png

mot01.png

DRDO always maintained LRSAM is 70km btw, which is now MRSAM possibly, or whatever navy call it. This was IAC-1 specific program before, project LRSAM (IAC)

Screenshot (1).png

lrs01.png

IIRC the ERSAM was supposed to be 150-250 kms & the XRSAM was supposed to be 350-450 kms .
Yeah that is what I believe too. The doc from where i posted has some other interesting aspects, someone with better knowledge can spot I think. Likely Godrej Aerospace & BAPL will win this tender.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
Finally some update on XRSAM.

I was always confused with these many nomenclatures. Here are few things which I am observing:

1. LRSAM/MRSAM missile with the range of 70km is now known as MRSAM only. No two different names for single missile.

2. There were suppose to be two new missiles e.g. ERSAM (150km) and XRSAM (350km) under the ERADS program but now it seems the ERADS will be known only as Program LRSAM and will most probably have a single missile.

3. Previously, there was supposed to be a new missile under Program LRSAM which could have been based on AD-1 but I think that idea has dropped for now.

So LRSAM which used to be XRSAM has a range < 300 kms ?
Sir ji, there can be few possibilities:

1. This programme LRSAM is the new 150km missile which was earlier known as ERSAM.

2. This new missile is the XRSAM and has a range of 350km.

3. There will be only one missile in the ERADS instead of two which was supposed earlier.

From the images of booster, it is safe to say that the image which was leaked long back is the new missile.

Sir ji, there can be few possibilities:

3. There will be only one missile in the ERADS instead of two which was supposed earlier.

From the images of booster, it is safe to say that the image which was leaked long back is the new missile.
This is also me guessing, but if that past tender title is true & there are M1 M2 M3 versions, then M1 can be the LRSAM like above, M2 can be ERSAM & M3 can be XRSAM , each sharing some common config but vary in range theoretically.

This is also me guessing, but if that past tender title is true & there are M1 M2 M3 versions, then M1 can be the LRSAM like above, M2 can be ERSAM & M3 can be XRSAM , each sharing some common config but vary in range theoretically.
Yeah as both XRSAM and Program LRSAM are being called as Kusha.

Reactions: marich01
LRSAM could be MRSAM or Akash-NG with a booster with 150 to 200kms range (The erstwhile ERSAM).

XRSAM was supposed to be based on AAD/AD-1. Don't know if plans changed or what. Anyways, since the tender is out now, so soon we'll find out.

Reactions: marich01