Indo-Israeli Barak-8 / MRSAM

Probably in public domain by now, just that better to use as reference than take pics. I keep some docs saved in pdf for analysis work.

From what I understand, there might be two versions one with IAI's critical input and other where DRDO's critical technologies are involved. Like the MF-STAR from IAI and the one which is being developed by DRDO.

Phase I had major involvement from IAI be it radar or missiles which have gone onboard P-15A and will go on board P-17A and P-71. Now, IN might be thinking whether to go through IAI's route to have it on next gen warships or go through DRDO's route for the Phase - II.

This is completely my take.

• Informative
Reactions: marich01
There were some other project talks too among the rest, like the Himshakti EW suite order etc. Pretty decent. I have the audio link for the last analyst meeting from October I think, it is over an hour of convo so will take lot of time. I usually go through the doc format.

Ultimately, IN will have to go through DRDO's route only because MF-STAR will be on negative import list.
Also the indigenisation percentage too perhaps. As I understand some parts are imported/bought from IAI. Uttam radar, some things also bought from Israel so to meet indi target certain changes will be done. BEL is diversifying into a lot of other related business now because of very strong order book, capital, PAT & market capex, including ammunition. They showed it in the presentation before the meeting. I think I posted in industry thread.

I have been going thru the past meetings call & read an interesting part from July which was from Q2 meeting. I am yet to go through the last Q3 meeting from October (it is not available yet) and it was interesting. What is DRDO made alternative for LRSAM? In the presentation they showed executing LRSAM order highlighted for FY 2021-22, I think the first phase. Really hope its not just VLSRSAM they mean.

View attachment 25497

It's likely the AAD derived missile for the air force.

Well the other smaller partner/supplier in LRSAM (propellant supplier) seems to be executing/have done their share of work. BEL BDL are major players & final integrator in case of the latter, so they probably face the wait if there is any. This was from almost half a year ago so would hope things moved. Waiting for the most recent meeting for more accurate update. They gave the expected order value too which is over 10K crores and more on execution so analysts always want to get update on such big orders. I know the MRSAM numbers for that Q2, that is going smoothly every Q.

Don't you think, it can be Indian version of all the systems of LRSAM. Like radar, missile control and missile itself.

There's no need to do that, just build a whole new system instead, like the Akash NG. For new ships, the navy will either go for more Israeli LRSAMs or the DRDO one, depends on DRDO.

These are dummy covers. They are currently not holding any missile.

20221209_210044.jpg

^These are the actual VLS holding the MRSAM missile.

Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems KRAS today rolled out the 100th Medium Range Surface to Air Missile Kit for delivery to the Indian Armed Forces. This is part of the MRSAM missile jointly developed by Rafael & DRDO + collab with Indian private/public sector players
The delivery of the 100th MRSAM Missile Kit takes place close on the heels of the delivery of the first MRSAM firing unit to the IAF at Air Station Jaisalmer on 9 Sep 2021. The event was graced by other senior DRDO and military officials in Hyderabad today.

Reactions: Fatalis
I do not know if its is related or not reference to the July meet I posted before in previous page, but BEL guys said this about LRSAM phase 2 (October Q2 meet). FWIW the first not willing to comment part was in regard to the MRSAM project question.
This indigenous vs imported part still lingering a bit.

lrsamprj1.png

I do not know if its is related or not reference to the July meet I posted before in previous page, but BEL guys said this about LRSAM phase 2 (October Q2 meet). FWIW the first not willing to comment part was in regard to the MRSAM project question.
This indigenous vs imported part still lingering a bit.

View attachment 25601
Regarding the new platforms for MRSAM in Indian Navy, as of now only Next Generation Corvettes are in the pipeline. I'm not able to find if any other vessels will have MRSAM fitted on them. By 2026 following vessels will have MRSAM on them:
1. 3 P-15A
2. 4 P-15B
3. 7 P-17A
4. 1 P-71
Total = 15.
After that, IN will decide if they want MRSAM on P-17 or not. By 2030 we can have following count of MRSAM equipped vessels:
15 as mentioned above along with 08 NGC + 3 P-17* and 07 P-17AU*.

Next Generation Missile Vessels will most probably have SRSAM.

Reactions: marich01