Indo-Israeli Barak-8 / MRSAM

Yes, work seems to have picked up, multiple missile version it seems could be due to they have to please 2 bosses IN & IAF :geek:, possible stage separation so maybe booster added.
Wasn't the range of LRSAM/MRSAM increased to 100 kms from 70kms(not official) according to some sources? Increasing its range using boosters is also a good idea. It shall increase its range from 70-100 kms to 150kms, possibly!

Reactions: marich01
Shade some more light.
nothing to report as of yet, seen an uptick in this projects tendering , about 3 iterations M1 M2 M3 , with M1B in-between for which tvc assy was sought few month back, one change I noticed is now separate MRSAM LRSAM work tenders come as PGLRSAM. So likely same project same purpose, possibly extended range.

EwvMcOe_mko0.png

Wasn't the range of LRSAM/MRSAM increased to 100 kms from 70kms(not official) according to some sources? Increasing its range using boosters is also a good idea. It shall increase its range from 70-100 kms to 150kms, possibly!
Israelis did that with barak I guess, so no reason for our forces to be happy with same version. Hopefully it pans out quick now that work look like going ahead even if just procuring material & sending out orders. They have very good knowledge & expertise now, both the labs & industry.
Nope. That would be a different missile.
Then I have no idea if related or not.

lrsammotor1.png

Imo pglrsam is still the same project maybe some improvements being done, like how range was extended to 70km to 100km, fragmented warhead still 30 kg & 60kg sized. over 25k fragments being used in mix. Perhaps learning from recent war they want more perfection/accuracy & range in it?

Reactions: Fatalis
Soon the Chinese will face a wall of Indian Anti Access/Area Denial(A2/AD) in the North-East.

Just hoping for Akash-NG and XRSAM to come online in near future, too.
Something tells me we've missed the bus. This should have occured 5-10 yrs ago but then this would be true for practically all our projects . Right now we're in a race against time.

Something tells me we've missed the bus. This should have occured 5-10 yrs ago but then this would be true for practically all our projects . Right now we're in a race against time.
Actually Air Defence is one are where we have made solid gains in the last few years. Having both S-400 and MRSAM, two of the most advance and cutting-edge SAM systems along with procurement of Akash makes our AD much more potent than before.

Reactions: Bali78 and marich01
Actually Air Defence is one are where we have made solid gains in the last few years. Having both S-400 and MRSAM, two of the most advance and cutting-edge SAM systems along with procurement of Akash makes our AD much more potent than before.
True to an extent. We need them in numbers now. That too in hundreds. That's where the potency lies. Then we need the development of the LR & XR SAM to be sped up followed by production in numbers.