Jammu & Kashmir live updates: GOI remove all provisions of Article 370

they are open to discussion on kashmir closed door" it has been quite a long time since discussion has taken place on kashmir"
as stated by russian representatives
I am not sure why Russians allowed it? Is it that this is needed so that Pakistan gets something?

I am not sure why Russians allowed it? Is it that this is needed so that Pakistan gets something?

Yes and No.

They have allowed it as UN resolution calls for demilitarization and expulsion of all those who are ordinarily not the citizens of J&K state. We will insist on complete demilitarization & removal of all non J&K residents as per laws applicable for J&K till date. That means, roughly everyone on their side, who has married into Pakistan

Lets see now.

Meanwhile, seems a post in Uri sector was decided to be too unsafe by our friends across LC. They dont think they feel comfortable occupying it as over the course of few hours, it was reduced by 3 meters in height with Indian help. So they have decided to shift to new location.

Obviously, this will not be told in MSM.

There is still some doubt whether it's a closed door meeting or a consultation. A closed door meeting would be a set back for us, but a 'consultation' would be fine..... I don't think Russia could do much, since China, as a UNSC member could have suggested the topic for a informal consultation.

Yes and No.

They have allowed it as UN resolution calls for demilitarization and expulsion of all those who are ordinarily not the citizens of J&K state. We will insist on complete demilitarization & removal of all non J&K residents as per laws applicable for J&K till date. That means, roughly everyone on their side, who has married into Pakistan.

This will lead to Pakistan refusing the idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Hellfire
There is still some doubt whether it's a closed door meeting or a consultation. A closed door meeting would be a set back for us, but a 'consultation' would be fine..... I don't think Russia could do much, since China, as a UNSC member could have suggested the topic for a informal consultation.
If this comes down to a vote , which it will
, I expect France to exercise it's veto. GB, Russia & the US will be neutral. I'm not too comfortable with being dependant on France all the time. They'd demand their pound of flesh from India. But they'd also not be too comfortable confronting China on India's behalf all the time.

Meanwhile , inspite of China's hostile position vis a vis India, we continue to be deferential to them on HK, Xinjiang, Vietnam , Taiwan, Philippines, etc. although FM Jaishankar would've drawn the red lines in Beijing.

If this comes down to a vote , which it will
, I expect France to exercise it's veto. GB, Russia & the US will be neutral. I'm not too comfortable with being dependant on France all the time. They'd demand their pound of flesh from India. But they'd also not be too comfortable confronting China on India's behalf all the time.

Meanwhile , inspite of China's hostile position vis a vis India, we continue to be deferential to them on HK, Xinjiang, Vietnam , Taiwan, Philippines, etc. although FM Jaishankar would've drawn the red lines in Beijing.

If it's a informal consultation, it may not come to a vote, because as far I know consulation will not result in a resolution. Perhaps there may be a UNSC statement.

The M46 and bofors have been devastating,partucularly neelum road is at our mercy atm.The reason for the huge disparity in losses in recent months in loc between 2 sides are-
1.Over half a dozen swati radars active in several sectors now ,its the bane of PA artillery which is now hunted mercilessly.They are taking heavy losses to counter battery fire.
2.Increased surveillence capabilities due to drones,satellites,on ground moles.Also we now have the license to preempt based on this intelligence to a much greater extent.
3.Our ammo stocks are much higher so the pounding when its done is relentless.Paks cant match volume and persistence of fire.
4.Losses to enemy sniper fire now almost nil since new rifles inducted and precautions taken.
5.IA is much more cavalier about using 155 mm bofors these days,they know hundreds of more 155mm are coming next few years,earlier these were used as precious strategic reserve.

The M46 and bofors have been devastating,partucularly neelum road is at our mercy atm.The reason for the huge disparity in losses in recent months in loc between 2 sides are-
1.Over half a dozen swati radars active in several sectors now ,its the bane of PA artillery which is now hunted mercilessly.They are taking heavy losses to counter battery fire.
2.Increased surveillence capabilities due to drones,satellites,on ground moles.Also we now have the license to preempt based on this intelligence to a much greater extent.
3.Our ammo stocks are much higher so the pounding when its done is relentless.Paks cant match volume and persistence of fire.
4.Losses to enemy sniper fire now almost nil since new rifles inducted and precautions taken.
5.IA is much more cavalier about using 155 mm bofors these days,they know hundreds of more 155mm are coming next few years,earlier these were used as precious strategic reserve.

And what about their WLRs? They had US supplied ones. And MBRLs too. Are they trying to hit back?

And what about their WLRs? They had US supplied ones. And MBRLs too. Are they trying to hit back?

The american firefinder radars were found ineffective in mountains,they are useful only in plains.Also they are now old and swati is more advanced and designed to be used in loc.
MBRLs are not in use atm.Its less effective in mountains unless you use guided rounds which are very costly.But such escalation has not taken place.They know they will get double the smerch action if they bring in a100s.Grad derivatives are not very effective at loc unless very close to lines and good terrain.Also mbrl is inherently less effective against fortifications than light skinned targets.

Last edited:
The american firefinder radars were found ineffective in mountains,they are useful only in plains.Also they are now old and swati is more advanced and designed to be used in loc.
MBRLs are not in use atm.Its less effective in mountains unless you use guided rounds which are very costly.But such escalation has not taken place.They know they will get double the smerch action if they bring in a100s.Grad derivatives are not very effective at loc unless very close to lines and good terrain.Also mbrl is inherently less effective against fortifications than light skinned targets.

Thank you for the update. Its like a tonic for the nerves right now. Pakistani handles are going crazy and there is no clear info elsewhere