Jammu & Kashmir live updates: GOI remove all provisions of Article 370

Haha I just mean (that in my view) the Pakistani establishment doesn't have a lot of options. Their economy is on life support and they have very little to no international support.

So what could they do?
They can sponsor an insurgency, but it is unlikely to achieve any of their goals in the long run and will perpetuate the "Pakistan = terror/OBL" meme abroad, potentially get them economically black listed, as well as creating further radicalization/violence domestically (the whole "snakes in the backyard" scenario). It will not slow down India's growth and will just create more unity through a common foe in India. It will only serve to cause strife and terror in the valley which will slowly but surely erode as people immigrate and the region economically develops. Its a losing strategy, all India has to do is weather the storm while Pakistan self-destructs.

Another Kargil-esque adventure could also be done, but what are the realistic chances they win? How do they not draw international condemnation from being the aggressor and how do they afford these operations if India chooses to widen the theater or draw out the conflict?

All out war is not an option - they won't win (everyone will lose if it goes nuclear).

So the only real option is to do nothing and focus on internal development. If they can become more economically powerful, many more options will open up to them. In the meantime Pakistan can continue domestic propoganda about the plight of other Muslims in the subcontinent to maintain public support on the topic/distract from other issues. It will be interesting to see how Pakistani strategy evolves in a few decades (if this is somehow still an issue).
On a serious note, a lot will depend on how things evolve in Kashmir after the security cover starts thinning. There's bound to be an adverse reaction by the locals. How serious it gets will depend on how we tackle it. You can expect this to commence after the forthcoming meeting of the FATF concludes in the beginning of October.Either way Pakistan will commence it's Interference. Not that they aren't interfering now. It'd only intensify post the the conclusion of the FATF meeting and their pronouncement on Pakistan.

I expect the security presence in Kashmir to start thinning somewhere in December once winter sets in . The relaxation in the clampdown will be a gradual affair commencing immediately.

The deteriorating situation is bound to cause Pakistan to up the ante in Kashmir & across the LoC. That means India would respond. Whether this stays confined to boundary skirmishes or develops into something bigger as ex servicemen out here seem to be hinting at remains to be seen.

Further, on the internal front, there's going to be tremendous pressure on the GoI brought about by the opposition as the scenario in Kashmir turns bleak. The all party consensus we had on Kashmir stands broken. Bereft of any major issues to trap the GoI, you can get they'd exploit any and every opening that they're provided with in Kashmir.

Another issue for our internal security would be the fact that the Kashmiri terrorists won't confine their violence to Kashmir . You can expect it to spread in the mainland with or without Pakistani assistance, more likely with it but with the heavy lifting done by the locals.This government will in all likelihood spin it into solely Pakistan's mischief.Which is par for the course unless they have a definite plan not just to corner Pakistan but to defang it.

This is a bleak prognosis but if we weather this storm, I believe there's hope. A lot will depend on whether this government has a plan to tackle Pakistan & tame it. This is easier said than done.

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY INDIA'S MISTAKE. I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT WINDY WAS MOBILIZiNG PAKISTANI GREEN GROCERS AND BUTCHERS (some of whom are ex-shaheen) IN BIRMINGHAM. WHY DID WE SEND SCIENTISTS/ SURGEONS AND ACCOUNTANTS TO COUNTER THEM. THE UK POLICE MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS INTELLIGENCE LAPSE. @BMD THIS LOOKS LIKE THE QUEEN ASKED MET TO LOOK AWAY AS POOR INDIANS WERE ATTACKED.

Tilak Devasher (@tilakdevasher1) Tweeted:
‘The Jammu and Kashmir Pakistan does mot want to Talk about’ My take for @ani. ANI Digital on Twitter ( )

I think this government is committing the same blunder as in the aftermath of the Pulwama episode. With Pakistan going all guns blazing on the propaganda front, isn't it prudent to launch a counter attack. After all, whatever defense of India's position on SM we're seeing as of now is purely a civilians & some media outlets led initiative. What's the Foreign Ministry, the Home Ministry & the PMO doing to counter the malicious and toxic official Pakistani narrative?
@Falcon ; @randomradio ; @Milspec ; @Arvind ; @BlackOpsIndia ; @Bali78 ; @RATHORE ; @Nilgiri ; @Austerlitz ; @mastaan

Last edited:
THIS IS OBVIOUSLY INDIA'S MISTAKE. I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT WINDY WAS MOBILIZiNG PAKISTANI GREEN GROCERS AND BUTCHERS (some of whom are ex-shaheen) IN BIRMINGHAM. WHY DID WE SEND SCIENTISTS/ SURGEONS AND ACCOUNTANTS TO COUNTER THEM. THE UK POLICE MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS INTELLIGENCE LAPSE. @BMD THIS LOOKS LIKE THE QUEEN ASKED MET TO LOOK AWAY AS POOR INDIANS WERE ATTACKED.
It looks like the police are there but they might deny being there if anything happens.

‘The Jammu and Kashmir Pakistan does mot want to Talk about’ My take for @ani. ANI Digital on Twitter ( )

I think this government is committing the same blunder as in the aftermath of the Pulwama episode. With Pakistan going all guns blazing on the propaganda front, isn't it prudent to launch a counter attack. After all, whatever defense of India's position on SM we're seeing as of now is purely a civilians & some media outlets led initiative. What's the Foreign Ministry, the Home Ministry & the PMO doing to counter the malicious and toxic official Pakistani narrative?
@Falcon ; @randomradio ; @Milspec ; @Arvind ; @BlackOpsIndia ; @Bali78 ; @RATHORE ; @Nilgiri ; @Austerlitz ; @mastaan

I guess if our govt replies, then it will just reduce our confrontation to a war of words, which is not a good idea for India, and it perfectly suits Pakistan's narrative if they get a reaction out of us.

We want the Pakistanis to continue talking to the wall.

India is definitely behind Pak on the social media/media game. We pointed out this same issue post Balakot and were told that the Air Force/Gvt were happy with what they did and what they knew, and did not feel the need to do any elaborating/explaining. In a classic case of truth putting on pants while lie runs halfway across the world; by the time India wisened up and tried to counter Pak, they had long lost the PR battle, any arguments/evidence were too little and too late. Regardless of what happened in Balakot or in the dogfight, in the PR battle we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. :cautious:

It looks like the police are there but they might deny being there if anything happens.
What has happened to Brits?how can they tolerate these low lives from terror country??whats the view of common british about Bradford and midlands infested disease??