Jammu & Kashmir live updates: GOI remove all provisions of Article 370

Indian intellectuals featuring on Pakistani dossiers, documents and pamphlets time and again. They will still blame EVM though.

IMG_20190910_155932.jpg

They will still blame EVM though.
That stopped sometime back.

Burhan Wani was no terrorist, just militant who weaponized social media, even the gun he used was made of plastic. How can a son of head master be terrorist?
In that case, I have an airsoft gun. Oh no jenab, I am a militant fascist hindu terrorist. I even have kalava on my wrist like Kasab had. RSS ki sazish.

Ashok Swain (@ashoswai) Tweeted:
Anchar, Srinagar - It is thought to be the first time in recent decades that civilians in #Kashmir have prevented paramilitaries and local police from entering an area. 'They want to erase us': the Kashmiri suburb defying Indian control ( )

Looks like the BJP govt has found itself in a predicament in Kashmir. After the Aug 5th move i was under the impression that they may have worked out strategies to contain the breakout of violence and international criticism and bring normalcy back to the valley. The govt has succeeded in preventing outbreak of any serious violence and international backlash has also been weathered to some extent, but they seem clueless on the last part. I don't think they had any real strategy on how to bring back normalcy to Kashmir. They have placed restrictions,but are not sure how to proceed further. They are perhaps hoping that the SC will give an order, in October or thereafter, to withdraw all restrictions placed against political organizations and house arrest of leaders, and save them the trouble on having to decide.

Looks like the BJP govt has found itself in a predicament in Kashmir. After the Aug 5th move i was under the impression that they may have worked out strategies to contain the breakout of violence and international criticism and bring normalcy back to the valley. The govt has succeeded in preventing outbreak of any serious violence and international backlash has also been weathered to some extent, but they seem clueless on the last part. I don't think they had any real strategy on how to bring back normalcy to Kashmir. They have placed restrictions,but are not sure how to proceed further. They are perhaps hoping that the SC will give an order, in October or thereafter, to withdraw all restrictions placed against political organizations and house arrest of leaders, and save them the trouble on having to decide.
Put another way, at least this is proof that we aren't cracking down on the Kashmiris like most western press makes it out to be as in the Nazis vs the Jews.

As far as your claim that this government doesn't know what it's doing, I'd be more reticent before making such a claim. I think they've done a great deal of homework before taking this decision. Of course, anything unpredictable cannot be ruled out.

This government is very discreet in their planning an execution so far and have done a commendable job in the way they handled J&K. So let's wait for another 3 months before jumping to conclusions on what their true intentions are. And I doubt anyone including their party spokesperson has any clue about Modi's next steps.

You are Over reacting

The Govt can crush these Suburbs but it will
Cause Casualties

What is the Big hurry to enter such places

Wait for some time

We have more than 95 percent areas under control

Put another way, at least this is proof that we aren't cracking down on the Kashmiris like most western press makes it out to be as in the Nazis vs the Jews.

As far as your claim that this government doesn't know what it's doing, I'd be more reticent before making such a claim. I think they've done a great deal of homework before taking this decision. Of course, anything unpredictable cannot be ruled out.

In can under stand the communication blackout and the lock down to avoid bloodshed. However the continued detention of the pro-India leadership is still boggling me. I remember reading that when the INC called for the quit India agitation, the British bundled up all senior congress leadership, leaving the political turf solely to the Muslim league. ML ran its Pakistan campaign without any counter from the absentee congress leadership and ensuing 1945 election won all the Muslim reserved seats, where previously they had none.

I'm afraid by locking up those leadership who could have spoken for India, we have left the turf completely for the so called Separatist groups to exploit.

In can under stand the communication blackout and the lock down to avoid bloodshed. However the continued detention of the pro-India leadership is still boggling me. I remember reading that when the INC called for the quit India agitation, the British bundled up all senior congress leadership, leaving the political turf solely to the Muslim league. ML ran its Pakistan campaign without any counter from the absentee congress leadership and ensuing 1945 election won all the Muslim reserved seats, where previously they had none.

I'm afraid by locking up those leadership who could have spoken for India, we have left the turf completely for the so called Separatist groups to exploit.

We can prop up and create new leaders

It has just been a month

The old edifices will have to be demolished
Before we create new structures