Joe Biden or Donald Trump: Who will be better for India?

Joe Biden or Donald Trump: Who will be better for India?

• Joe Biden

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Both will be the same

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters
Well, as an NRI, my name is still on the list.

Yeah, which means you are an Overseas Voter.

And you seem to be the lucky few with the name on the list. Most of us have our names missing before election time, so we have to run around to ensure we are in it. I had to re-register twice for both the previous General elections. Missed out on the one before that because my name was not in the list.

And it's not just one election. There's also state elections and local elections.

Reactions: Paro
Yeah, which means you are an Overseas Voter.

And you seem to be the lucky few with the name on the list. Most of us have our names missing before election time, so we have to run around to ensure we are in it. I had to re-register twice for both the previous General elections. Missed out on the one before that because my name was not in the list.

And it's not just one election. There's also state elections and local elections.

Happened to me too. Some political party workers informed/complained about my NRI status hence it was removed. I think recently, some opposition party guys moved papers for me and my name was on the list when I checked last month.

Reactions: Paro
Happened to me too. Some political party workers informed/complained about my NRI status hence it was removed. I think recently, some opposition party guys moved papers for me and my name was on the list when I checked last month.

Yep. Gotta chase these party workers for the best results.

But you can see how big of a problem it is if you are outside the country.

If Joe Biden kamala wins India is more or less fuked

Not really. It just means some of our bonhomie deals with America will be rolled back, based on how the Democrats deal with India. Our life will go on as usual.

It's more of a relief to countries like China, Iran and Pakistan. Bad for Russia though. The Democrats are very interested in what the Russians are doing.

So what you are proposing is PIOs get the right to vote while NRIs should be denied the same.
No.
PIOs with dual citizenship when they are in India for longer term can qualify for right to vote just like any citizen does.
NRIs when they are in India for longer term are no longer NRIs and will qualify for right to vote based on same rules.

When they both are outside India, none of them can vote as per current regulation for ANY citizen.

Its not that hard to understand, unless you are deliberately trying to not understand.. Dual citizenship does not necessarily confor additional rights to dual citizens. It only makes them equal to citizens and the same regulations apply for both of them. Neither a citizen not a dual citizen will be able to vote unless he fulfills the "ordinarily resident" requirement. He won't be able to register in voter list unless he proves that he is living in that electorate for long enough time.

And you also want PIOs to hold office in India with their citizenship status, which means the Chief Justice of India could very well be sitting in Washington DC or Riyadh.
If a person has a job in India, especially with a job like Chief Justice of India then he will have to stay in India. Unless you are suggesting that he can fly in daily from Washington DC or Riyadh. Workplace WILL be in India for such jobs, so you have to live in India. You are getting totally ridiculous now.

BTW, as an extension of what you are suggesting, EVEN now, a CJI can get PR in Canada or Australia and live indefinitely in those places. Does such a possiblity (remote) shifts Indian supreme courts to Australia or Canada or Malaysia?

Yeah, dude, let's allow that.
Well, "dude", like always, you don;t have a clue of what you are talking about. So chill.

Last edited:
As usual, your diagnosis comes early in the day. Besides, since when are veterinarians qualified to speak for humans. No doubt , They can speak for the Irish . But Biden isn't one.
You might want to check his mother's maiden name Sherlock.

You might want to check his mother's maiden name Sherlock.
You're right. I stand corrected. I hope you realize what this means.That he's not suffering from Alzheimer's. That's how he normally his. That's why he's naturally predilected to gaffes. Plus he's Catlick. Only the 2nd one to be President.

vote and some employment rights
I knew some ppl who were working in India despite no longer being citizen. Unless the person themselves reject Indian passport and get their name removed from the electoral rolls there is no way to ascertain they are not citizens. There is no rigorous voterid validation every time before election. The very idea of allowing outsiders to vote will end up making us a banana country.
Like Indian citizens, they should be taxed if they are tax-resident in India for that year. There are laws for that.
:ROFLMAO: first we should make Indian citizens pay tax, then we can make others pay tax. This is not even practically feasible. Even US has to enforce FATCA. how will India do it?

Reactions: Ironhide
:ROFLMAO: first we should make Indian citizens pay tax, then we can make others pay tax. This is not even practically feasible. Even US has to enforce FATCA. how will India do it?
Actually you can make them pay taxes much easier than the guy selling Paan/cigarette near the street. A lot of them are salaried white collared job employed.

Actually you can make them pay taxes much easier than the guy selling Paan/cigarette near the street. A lot of them are salaried white collared job employed.
They dont pay tax, we deduct tax and pay salaries. But thats not the case with rest of the unsalaried ppl like those who are in business.