Kalvari Class Submarines - Updates & Discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter Seiko
  • Start date Start date

View attachment 34260
So, from the last reported price of 20,000, it jumped to 35,000. Why can't these people control the tendency to get everything shining? If this is the case why not cancel P75I and order 6 of these. This change will result in longer time to conclude the contract and to build.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
If this is the case why not cancel P75I and order 6 of these.
Exactly. Our own S80+ with our own tech and some from the french. Have been saying this from day 1. 75I is a waste of time. Just work with the French to create our own Kalvari II class.

And you can create a second batch of 6 aka Kalvari III with even more capabilities. Then offer this to Philipines and Vietnam.

Exactly. Our own S80+ with our own tech and some from the french. Have been saying this from day 1. 75I is a waste of time. Just work with the French to create our own Kalvari II class.

And you can create a second batch of 6 aka Kalvari III with even more capabilities. Then offer this to Philipines and Vietnam.
I think what they are offering now is exactly what Indonesia choose for their Scorpène Evolved version. They want to use indian supply chain for that order. Its a win-win for the right price.

I think what they are offering now is exactly what Indonesia choose for their Scorpène Evolved version. They want to use indian supply chain for that order. Its a win-win for the right price.

So a Brazilian variant with Li batteries?

It makes a lot of sense to just extend and upgrade an existing class and then indeginize this.

Kalvari I - existing class
Kalvari II - the stretch variant
Kalvari III - Indian variant with Indian parts

The Brazilians are planning an SSN based on their variant. We can actually have a smaller SSN variant post Kalvari III and a bigger SSN variant from current plans.

So a Brazilian variant with Li batteries?

It makes a lot of sense to just extend and upgrade an existing class and then indeginize this.

Kalvari I - existing class
Kalvari II - the stretch variant
Kalvari III - Indian variant with Indian parts

The Brazilians are planning an SSN based on their variant. We can actually have a smaller SSN variant post Kalvari III and a bigger SSN variant from current plans.
Why? There is nothing in common between us and Brazilians in nuclear. There is no need to rely on another nation for a partially capable SSN. We are capable of doing it ourselves at this point.

With the addition of AIP plug we will already have the same sized (70 meter) submarine to brazilian Riachuelo class.

Common production with an export version is a good news for the industry.

Why? There is nothing in common between us and Brazilians in nuclear. There is no need to rely on another nation for a partially capable SSN. We are capable of doing it ourselves at this point.

With the addition of AIP plug we will already have the same sized (70 meter) submarine to brazilian Riachuelo class.

Common production with an export version is a good news for the industry.

I meant, the Indonesian is probably the Brazilian variant.

We can do what the Koreans did is the second part of my response. Plus we could have 2 variants of SSNs potentially. The smaller one could be an export oriented model.

I meant, the Indonesian is probably the Brazilian variant.

We can do what the Koreans did is the second part of my response. Plus we could have 2 variants of SSNs potentially. The smaller one could be an export oriented model.
Brazilian scorpion size is basically Kalvari class + AIP which is around 70 metres.

We can't do Koreans because we don't have any IP sharing. We are still dependent on the OEM. Current proposal is from OEM design we didn't have any input there.

Long term plan is Project 76 which is fully indian design.

20240706_144421.jpg

Is there any interest in combining AIP and Li ion battery ?
A kind of Frankenstein sub between indian AIP and french evolved Scorpene ...

Indian Navy's new Scorpene submarines to have Made in India 'Heart' by BEL with French architecture: French Naval Group

Amid ongoing procedure to buy three more Scorpene class submarines for the Indian Navy, Naval Group-- the French partner for the project, said that the heart or the combat management system of these new submarines would be made in India by the Bharat Electronics Limited and supported by architecture from France.

As per the requirements, the additional three submarines will have to have up to 60 per cent indigenous content.

The French official who was in India to meet the Indian Navy brass said "It will be a unique project, which will allow the Navy to have the latest technologies on the modern version of the Scorpene design, with better combat capabilities, unmatched endurance and stealth. We understand MDL is proposing the same in 6 years for the first boat, which is challenging yet fitting of their vast experience."
He said that the Naval Group is providing some part of the supplies that will be indigenized with our industrial partners through subcontracting.

"Many critical systems will be indigenised. We will rely on existing partners. We will also extend our ecosystem and discuss potential activities with L&T, Merlin Hawk, Equans Axima India, VEM, Radiant, and more," Lagarde said.

The rumors in France are that India will purchase the evolved Scorpene with Li ion battery AND indian AIP.

The cost of such a sub seems very attactive, and more potent than TKMS or Navantia solution. So attractive that P75I may be canceled in favour of some more advanced Scorpene...

The rumors in France are that India will purchase the evolved Scorpene with Li ion battery AND indian AIP.

The cost of such a sub seems very attactive, and more potent than TKMS or Navantia solution. So attractive that P75I may be canceled in favour of some more advanced Scorpene...
If Navantia fails to demonstrate Underwater AIP operations, leaving the P75I program single vendor, it would be easier to cancel the program.

Reactions: marich01

You should have offered a better submarine instead of wishing for it cancel. Evolved version still dont qualify for P75I.

Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders poised for a major export deal with Brazil; parts and full submarines on the cards

In a significant development, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) is exploring the possibility of exporting submarine spare parts and potentially full submarines to Brazil, with a high-level delegation from the Brazilian Navy having recently met the company to discuss the potential deal, Zee Business learned from sources privy to the development.

The negotiations between MDL and the Brazilian delegation have reached an advanced stage, with talks centered around a deal that could be worth between Rs 4,000 crore and Rs 5,000 crore.

If finalised, the deal would mark a major milestone for MDL in the international defense export market.

Last year, MDL constituted a committee to assess the company’s potential in the global market. The committee provided an overview of expected export opportunities, and this prospective deal with Brazil aligns with those projections.

It also represents a major step forward in India's ambitious goal of achieving ₹50,000 crore in defense exports by 2029.

The agreement, expected to be finalised within the next one to one-and-a-half years, could significantly contribute to this target, underscoring India’s growing influence in the global defense manufacturing arena.

However, despite repeated attempts to seek clarification, MDL did not respond to Zee Business's email inquiry regarding the matter.

This exclusive report highlights the increasing global interest in India's defense manufacturing capabilities, with MDL at the forefront of potential large-scale exports.

Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders poised for a major export deal with Brazil; parts and full submarines on the cards

In a significant development, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) is exploring the possibility of exporting submarine spare parts and potentially full submarines to Brazil, with a high-level delegation from the Brazilian Navy having recently met the company to discuss the potential deal, Zee Business learned from sources privy to the development.

The negotiations between MDL and the Brazilian delegation have reached an advanced stage, with talks centered around a deal that could be worth between Rs 4,000 crore and Rs 5,000 crore.

If finalised, the deal would mark a major milestone for MDL in the international defense export market.

Last year, MDL constituted a committee to assess the company’s potential in the global market. The committee provided an overview of expected export opportunities, and this prospective deal with Brazil aligns with those projections.

It also represents a major step forward in India's ambitious goal of achieving ₹50,000 crore in defense exports by 2029.

The agreement, expected to be finalised within the next one to one-and-a-half years, could significantly contribute to this target, underscoring India’s growing influence in the global defense manufacturing arena.

However, despite repeated attempts to seek clarification, MDL did not respond to Zee Business's email inquiry regarding the matter.

This exclusive report highlights the increasing global interest in India's defense manufacturing capabilities, with MDL at the forefront of potential large-scale exports.
What is the sub model they hope to sell to Brazil ?