Kalvari Class Submarines - Updates & Discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter Seiko
  • Start date Start date
Just outside the Mumbai harbor:
1725460130262.png

A Suffren class. A courtesy visit from the Marine Nationale ?
Damn. I thought it was an IN Scorpene sub. But you are right. This is a Suffren class.

The French are sending one of their newest nuclear attack subs to India. Didn't think we were that close. Maybe the rumors about Naval group's interest in P-75A has some truth to it.

Damn. I thought it was an IN Scorpene sub. But you are right. This is a Suffren class.

The French are sending one of their newest nuclear attack subs to India. Didn't think we were that close. Maybe the rumors about Naval group's interest in P-75A has some truth to it.
no no, i was just asking you (but my syntax was incorrect, sorry.
in fact i realise that i did post this photo in the thread « french navy » a few days ago.
Under certain angle and certain light, Kalvari and Suffren may can be confused, indeed: same designer.

A Suffren class. A courtesy visit from the Marine Nationale ?
I also have the same reaction. Scorpene don't have this huge curved piece between the hull and the mast.

The links between IN and French Navy are deep. It may only be an amical visit, to give the crew some rest and refuel the fresh food.

Or a manner to show the IN top ranks the technology of our SSN (and Barracuda SSK...)

Reactions: Gautam and Amarante
Our SSN design has been in the works since at least 2015 when GOI formally approved the project. The design is likely frozen by now. The Barracuda offer has come too late to be of any consequence.

What could be of interest to the IN is the bow sonar, especially if it's the large aperture type as on the Virginia class subs. BTW any truth to the rumours that MBDA is offering Scalp Naval/MdCN to the IN?