LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

• Informative
Reactions: Gautam and Sathya
I don't understand why they call it 'fall'. It's a f***ing 'drop tank'. It's supposed to be 'dropped'.The question is not that it was dropped but why was it dropped in a field instead of the designated unihabited areas.

Reporting is just pathetic.
Normally these tanks are jettisoned in case of engine failure or assymetry due to one side tank not emptying out. In case of planned jettison you do it over a designated area. but in case of emergency, you have to do it ASAP.

PROCEDURES Guynextdoor. Stick to procedures. Specially in stressed environments. ANd immediate memeory. That is why most pilots will resay for themselves basic procedures before taking off every times (if incident before vs, abort. etc.)

Reactions: Guynextdoor
what the *censored*???!!! The level of reporting...
gen LCA... Can these presstitutes *censored*ing get worse???
Jo bhi hum thik karte hai, "Israel is worhing with us"
*censored* these *censored*s
He isn't a reporter. Enthusiast you can say. A senior member of Other Forum., goes by the account name Bengalrider or something.

There is a internal study going on , it's more of a feasibility study to determine if actual work is worth the effort.
I had come across a study for stealth shaping conforming to a base non stealth design. They are working to develop customised software to help in the conformation. It's too early to to keep expections though.

5th gen LCA so right u can modified and change fuselage design like so so ada design on internal weapon way they only 2 weapon station in internal bay
nVtBC.jpg

Currently iaf conducting exercise in pokharn range so ? Tejas is part of this exercise ?? Any official update

@lcafanboy

Any update s in Tejas / Kaveri engine?
Tender is out for LCA mk1A with delivery to start from 2022. By then all 40 LCA mk1 will be delivered.
Kaveri engine is now gone underground like black project. Work is definitely going on with some critical breakthroughs but everyone is tight lipped. A few breakthroughs could be due to tech transfer for Rafale deal but not coming out. If more Rafales are signed or emerge as winner for mmrca2 then Kaveri engine is just around the corner. What surprise me is we still have not signed for GE F-404 for Mk1s with 16 SPs out and 8 in pipeline we may have already finished our inventory, as, if I am not wrong we just 24 F404 engines. How and what engine will go into the remaining 16 is interesting to see.

• Informative
Reactions: Sathya
Tender is out for LCA mk1A with delivery to start from 2022. By then all 40 LCA mk1 will be delivered.
Kaveri engine is now gone underground like black project. Work is definitely going on with some critical breakthroughs but everyone is tight lipped. A few breakthroughs could be due to tech transfer for Rafale deal but not coming out. If more Rafales are signed or emerge as winner for mmrca2 then Kaveri engine is just around the corner. What surprise me is we still have not signed for GE F-404 for Mk1s with 16 SPs out and 8 in pipeline we may have already finished our inventory, as, if I am not wrong we just 24 F404 engines. How and what engine will go into the remaining 16 is interesting to see.

Only engine that is in hand is F414
Either aircraft (to house F414) or Engine (safran Kaveri) is changing for sure then.

HAL issued a tender on 24th April 2019 with a due date of 8th June 2019. The tender was for a Retractable Mid-Air Refueling Probe to be used on project LCA(no mention of which LCA : MK1, MK1A or MK2). I've attached the RFI document. So which Tejas ? MK1A most probably.
https://hal-india.co.in/Tender_Details.aspx?Mkey=&lKey=&Ckey=MjA4ODA=&Divkey=MTY=

Only RFI?
No mention of number of units required..

In the meantime some tenders of LCA Mk1A are out. Attached with post.

One document is related to timeline. This tender is for 8 jets. Also HAL is asking for serial production in 2022. Asking production rate is 16 per year. So we can assume that hal will produce 16 mk1a from 2022.

Same size 5 inch display but smart display.
Why aren't we going for large single display screen...

Only RFI?
No mention of number of units required..
The RFI mentioned 40 units needed. Although it seems the document has been moved elsewhere. Let me see if I can find it again.
Same size 5 inch display but smart display.
Why aren't we going for large single display screen...
The HAL Supersonic trainer aircraft(SPORT) would be the first to feature a large smart display with all necessary data presented in a split screen manner, of course the Mk2 will have it. The Mk1 probably won't have it because of time constraints, I would love to be proven wrong though.