LOC Flare up: Related news and Discussions

Blast Near LOC 5 Killed As per ISPR. Since when do they admit losses ? What caused the blast ?

65655767_3038973069453032_1528160311788437504_n.jpg

65603992_3038973269453012_242690846502158336_n.jpg

65935832_3038973349453004_7438109742867677184_n.jpg

65637190_3038973412786331_3034762645119959040_n.jpg

65749881_3038973496119656_368611861622423552_n.jpg

Reactions: Hellfire
BSF launches massive exercise to fortify anti-infiltration grid along Pak border in Punjab, Jammu

A huge assortment of heavy machinery, communication interceptors and mobile bulletproof bunkers have been mobilised, backed by thousands of BSF personnel as part of the exercise

PTI | Jul 07, 2019, 04.54 PM IST

A mega exercise to fortify the 'anti-infiltration grid' along the Pakistan border in Punjab and Jammu has been launched by the BSF, which has mobilised its entire senior field brass, thousands of troops and machinery deployed in these forward areas.

The operation, code named 'Sudarshan', was launched on July 1 and will cover the entire over 1,000-kms length of the India-Pakistan International Border.

While Jammu shares about 485-kms of the sensitive IB with Pakistan, about 553-kms of the front is in Punjab. Further, it runs down towards Rajasthan and Gujarat on India's western flank.

The Border Security Force is the primary force guarding this frontier as the 'first line of defence'.

Top sources in the security establishment told PTI that a huge assortment of heavy machinery, communication interceptors and mobile bulletproof bunkers have been mobilised, backed by thousands of BSF personnel as part of the exercise.

Frontier and battalion commanders (from the Inspector General to the Commandant rank), their second-in-commands and company (unit) commanders of the about 40 battalions of the BSF are camping in the forward areas of the two states to finish the operation within a fortnight and be at their bases by July 15, they said.

Multiple patrols are being undertaken to strengthen Indian defence positions and locations for launching offensive action at these borders from the point of view of sealing the front against infiltration of terrorists, drug mules and also to ensure a befitting reply to unprovoked firing from the Pakistani side.

The mega exercise has been named 'Sudarshan' drawing from the legendary and mythological cutting wheel or the 'sudarshan chakra' on Lord Krishna's finger that decimates the enemy with sharp precision and returns to its original place in quick time, official sources said.

The commanders of the force have been asked to prepare their watch towers and sentry posts better, replenish arms and ammunition dumps, strengthen artillery positions, check and plug border fence breaches, detect underground and cross-border tunnels and make all operational and logistical arrangements to strengthen the vigil along the sensitive and infiltration-prone border.

The commanders have been asked to ensure that the Jawans follow the standard operating procedures and that there is an all-time stock of bulletproof vests, 'patka' (armoured head gear) and combat gear to ensure their safety, they said.

They have been asked to ensure that the 'sarkanda' or the elephant grass on the border is cut for better visibility against any movement on the border and instances of drugs smuggling through couriers that is rampant across the Punjab border and some instances of which are also reported on the Jammu side, they said.

As part of the operation, big earthen mounds on the International Border will be flattened, new bunkers and 'ditch-cum-bandh' (trenches) are being dug and BSF posts are being better armoured against sniper firing incidents that have claimed lives of many troops in the past, they said.

A fleet of heavy and small all-terrain vehicles has been mobilised in these areas as the field commanders are moving in those localities, they said.

Some fresh 4x4 vehicles have been dispatched to be placed on the borders for quick movement of armed troops, sources said.

The operation will end by the time monsoon unleashes heavy rains and cuts easy access to forward locations, they said.

While sources dismissed suggestions that the exercise was a reaction to a recent similar movement being noticed on the Pakistani side, they said this was being done to only "fortify Indian defences against infiltration, unprovoked firing and Pakistan Border Action Team (BAT) attacks."

BSF Director General Rajni Kant Mishra and senior officials of the border guarding force are expected to review the "results achieved" on the ground after the exercise ends, they said.

The Union Home Ministry will go through the final report of the operation after which sanctions will be made to procure gadgets, equipment and infrastructure that is required to plug gaps and strengthen border management at these two fronts, they said

BSF launches massive exercise to fortify anti-infiltration grid along Pak border in Punjab, Jammu

Sir can you please tell us whether this jaguar attack on Pakistani radar and communication post is true or not? And sir can you kindly analyse recent situation.pakistan recently told India to remove fighter jets from forward air bases.from this statement,it looks like the mood in new Delhi is to try for another air battle with advantage of new missiles for iaf. Do you think another air battle is a possibility? What are the chances of escalation? Also consider kulbhushan case announcement and it's impact on already tense relations.

Addressing you here. Also tagging @Sathya

Sir.

Let us be very clear on 02 aspects.

1. Employment of air power to directly target opposing forces will be suicidal escalation. Neither side wants it. You can correlate it with Balakot strike and the subsequent response by PAF. While the official position of your side will remain that India did not hit anything, (you merely need to head back to my post dated 15 Feb 2019 in other forum where I clearly mentioned an overt air strike in such a way so as to allow deniability to Pakistan. Let me surely know if I have been wrong), our targets were non-military in nature. And PAF response was tokenism. There was no intent to target Indian military posts, for had that been the case, massive retaliation would have been mounted immediately. So, air power against opposing forces, directly, is not only improbable, but a stretch of imagination.

2. It may seem very appealing to deploy a 500 lbs bomb on a post (honestly, it is quite terrifying to hear the same come in. Probability of meeting your maker is quite high if so, especially in constrained locations of posts). But the same effect in terms of shattering the morale and mounting casualties while rendering the target unoccupied by the opposing forces, can be achieved with a sustained and accurate artillery fire.

I am sure we all can safely draw conclusions as to whether a Jaguar was deployed.

There remains, one disclaimer. If the target was a communication node for the cadres being pushed across LC into India, then could have been deployed. There is no constraint in that case. But that is unlikely. Krasnopol have been doing an effective job when needed.

Unlikely that Pakistan will allow anything major to happen in Kashmir. The problem in Kashmir is primarily political, and the present dispensation seems to be addressing it as such. No conflict has a military solution. So let us see. As for Pakistan, the economy and the geopolitical events to it's west, will more than keep it busy. Add to it, the deteriorating internal security environment. Interesting times ahead for Pakistan, if it is not careful.

I do not foresee any conflict between India and Pakistan now. Economically, India will continue to consolidate and augment its gains. No sense in losing the momentum over a nation with a faltering economy (sorry for being blunt).

Sir.

1. Employment of air power to directly target opposing forces will be suicidal escalation. Neither side wants it. You can correlate it with Balakot strike and the subsequent response by PAF. While the official position of your side will remain that India did not hit anything, (you merely need to head back to my post dated 15 Feb 2019 in other forum where I clearly mentioned an overt air strike in such a way so as to allow deniability to Pakistan. Let me surely know if I have been wrong), our targets were non-military in nature. And PAF response was tokenism. There was no intent to target Indian military posts, for had that been the case, massive retaliation would have been mounted immediately. So, air power against opposing forces, directly, is not only improbable, but a stretch of imagination.

2. It may seem very appealing to deploy a 500 lbs bomb on a post (honestly, it is quite terrifying to hear the same come in. Probability of meeting your maker is quite high if so, especially in constrained locations of posts). But the same effect in terms of shattering the morale and mounting casualties while rendering the target unoccupied by the opposing forces, can be achieved with a sustained and accurate artillery fire.

I am sure we all can safely draw conclusions as to whether a Jaguar was deployed.

There remains, one disclaimer. If the target was a communication node for the cadres being pushed across LC into India, then could have been deployed. There is no constraint in that case. But that is unlikely. Krasnopol have been doing an effective job when needed.

Unlikely that Pakistan will allow anything major to happen in Kashmir. The problem in Kashmir is primarily political, and the present dispensation seems to be addressing it as such. No conflict has a military solution. So let us see. As for Pakistan, the economy and the geopolitical events to it's west, will more than keep it busy. Add to it, the deteriorating internal security environment. Interesting times ahead for Pakistan, if it is not careful.

I do not foresee any conflict between India and Pakistan now. Economically, India will continue to consolidate and augment its gains. No sense in losing the momentum over a nation with a faltering economy (sorry for being blunt).

After what Pakistan tried to do on Feb 27

It is NOT possible that IAF has been Just sitting on its hands

IAF is Not So Incompetent or Cowardly

We will have to wait for some years to know
All the things Which happened after
Feb 27

Even the KEL , Mirage 2000 strike story came after Many years

Reactions: Yashpatel604

Sir.

Where is your post of 15feb 2019? Which forum?I want to read it.thanks for your reply.

A lot of very interesting stuff will come out when the time is right. A lot happened after 27th till the final round of voting.

I know how Modi Thinks and Feels
(Because BJP guys think alike 🤣 )

He would have never kept Quiet or let the Feb 27 event just pass away quietly

After what Pakistan tried to do on Feb 27

It is NOT possible that IAF has been Just sitting on its hands

No, it has not. It has merely added capabilities to overwhelming overcome the adversary next time round. And achieved a directive from Government of India of 'Weapons Free' without the constraints placed on it by the same Government, for conduct of operations.

IAF is Not So Incompetent or Cowardly

We will have to wait for some years to know
All the things Which happened after
Feb 27

Even the KEL , Mirage 2000 strike story came after Many years

Wait away.

What happened in Kel? Do look up where Kel is and which side of LC.

And I have mentioned it earlier too. You do not know the facts.

The operation was conducted under aegis of 53 Infantry Brigade of Indian Army, on own side of LC, where the feature is within the Indian side of LC as recognized by both nations vide Karachi Agreement of 1948 and Simla Agreement of 1971.

The result? Even now, the said feature is not occupied by Indian forces (we had to withdraw as the Pakistani forces dominate the feature and after the initial assault to capture, we started suffering casualties). The real issue is the position of Pakistani Forces which occupy the ridge that dominates this feature on our side which we are unable to occupy. That feature, is not supposed to have any Pakistani forces as that ridge is the demarcating line of LC. What did we do of that? Since 1973-74, Pakistani forces continue to occupy the said ridge.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But mere rhetoric here.

And please do understand that IAF will be employed for features on own side of LC, if and when required. And we are discussing a possible hit on Pakistani side of LC.

You, sir, shall be having unrealistic hopes if you do harbour them, of that happening.

Cheers!