LOC Flare up: Related news and Discussions

I don't think so. There could be some sort of gerrymandering in J&K though.

Gerrymandering is when a political group tries to change a voting district to create a result that helps them or hurts the group who is against them. It is named after Elbridge Gerry (1744-1814). Gerrymanderingworks by wasting votes.

• Informative
Reactions: Rosicky7
But elections are six months away... What's the necessity of this huge airlift with action movie like drama...?
This action will be followed by giving citizenship of Hindus from west Pakistan residing in border areas of J&K. This will be followed by delimitation to change the demography of J&K state and make Kashmir vally a small political entity. The elections will ensure a majority for BJP in J&K and after that KKMKB.

This action will be followed by giving citizenship of Hindus from west Pakistan residing in border areas of J&K. This will be followed by delimitation to change the demography of J&K state and make Kashmir vally a small political entity. The elections will ensure a majority for BJP in J&K and after that KKMKB.
What's exactly the number of West Pakistan's refugees that we're looking at? I'm not sure it's enough to tilt the balance in favor of Jammu.

What's exactly the number of West Pakistan's refugees that we're looking at? I'm not sure it's enough to tilt the balance in favor of Jammu.
No it won't... But delimitation will... Like you can assign a seat to some remote sparsely populated hilly area, which is Hindu dominated, just because it is hard to reach... Population is not the only deciding factor...

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78
I agree population isn't the only deciding factor in delimitation. But if the difference in the populations of the two regions is significant the entire exercise of delimitation would look like a farce. I'm not sure we'd be able to sell this in the international community or even within India, tbh.

No it won't... But delimitation will... Like you can assign a seat to some remote sparsely populated hilly area, which is Hindu dominated, just because it is hard to reach... Population is not the only deciding factor...
I agree population isn't the only deciding factor in delimitation. But if the difference in the populations of the two regions is significant the entire exercise of delimitation would look like a farce. I'm not sure we'd be able to sell this in the international community or even within India, tbh.
They num,ber in few lakhs but that will change the number of seats in Jammu region creating more Hindu majority seats and reduce muslim majority seats.

To ensure smooth and easier access way for tourists and pilgrims to leave valley after the Yatra, Railways has been asked to run special trains from JAT.
DGCA has told airlines to prepare to run special flights from Srinagar for tourists.