Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

I don't support F-35 for IAF at all(my picks for IAF 5th gen jets are Su-57M/AMCA). However, F-35C for Indian Navy sounds good to me.

But the problem is, will US allow us to integrate our weapons on F-35? Dassault allowed us to just do that. So ASTRA1/2/3 and Brahmos-NG are going to be integrated with Rafale-I. Until US allows us that along with full sovereignty to use these planes as we wish, no US plane is going to be bought by India, period.
There's no time for integration on the F-35. Even UK and Italy who have been partners from day 1 are having difficulty getting the Meteor integrated on time.

Integration for block 4 is one of the busiest. I think if it's the Indian Navy operating the jets, domestic integration is a bit overrated here. India could get it integrated eventually, but not before 2029.

Well this is getting interesting...

What dafuq did we (we as all of earth) shoot down?

In other news which sweetie neglected to link here, the US shot down yet another "flying object " this time over Montana yesterday .

Global Times reported that not all these objects were of Chinese origin but could very well be extra terrestrial life searching for intelligence in the most powerful & advanced nation on the face of the earth.

Till date they haven't found any.

Which is why they keep sending such probes.

Since the 1940s if not earlier.

Apparently the discovery of non intelligence in the US in spite of repeated probes since 80 yrs can't be reconciled with the pre eminence the US enjoys among all the other nations on earth.

These aliens are truly baffled.

I hope you realize what this means sweetie.

Yup. That's right. More probes forthcoming like in your douching sessions which lasted days.

This isn't going to end soon or even well.

There's no time for integration on the F-35. Even UK and Italy who have been partners from day 1 are having difficulty getting the Meteor integrated on time.

Integration for block 4 is one of the busiest. I think if it's the Indian Navy operating the jets, domestic integration is a bit overrated here. India could get it integrated eventually, but not before 2029.

An Israel type customisation is possible for Indian F-35s.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
They make all these claims about the RBE2 except for one... guess which that is?

You telling me a Rafaile expert like yourself had no clue?
Do you really imagine all is said in an advertising news ?
Do you really imagine that Thales didn't imagine using the huge radar antenna for doing electronic countermeasures when they used far smaller one on Spectra? naive boy you are.

That is a claim they made back during the A model days. Isn't funny that there's no date when this happened? No numbers how long it took to reach mach 1.4 without burners and how much fuel it had left when it reached mach 1.4? How far it went in mach 1.4? All that sht is available, somewhat, when it comes to the F-22.
No. This document was made in 2011 and in reference to M model, not to the A one.

(And If I remember well there was never a mention of supercruise for A model, but I'm not sure)
Capture.PNG

time... fuel... not a supercruise specific problem. All the birds going to supersonic use a lot a fuel and (shorter and shorter) time.

No. This document was made in 2011 and in reference to M model, not to the A one.

(And If I remember well there was never a mention of supercruise for A model, but I'm not sure)View attachment 26508

time... fuel... not a supercruise specific problem. All the birds going to supersonic use a lot a fuel and (shorter and shorter) time.
Now that is sad. You are using a PR note for an air show, by an unnamed author. It could have been worse, he could have added the drop tank. You might as well cite yourself. let me know what the Indian air force says the same thing.

For those with a bit of a memory. The Indian air force did speed runs in the competition. the results were published at the time and should still be available

Last edited:
Reactions: Innominate

That's why IAF or even IN would never buy F-35. India is not just a US ally but an independent power ever since its Independence. USA must understand that.

To woo India, USA should offer something more, something out of precedence. Like say AN/APG- 81 source codes like Russia offered to us in Su-30MKI program. If yes, then India may consider the US offer, otherwise, no thanks.

Reactions: Ironhide and Abheer
The latest CBO report is out and it's not great. It's well over 150 hours of flight time per year and it corroborates LM's fastfacts.

In fact it's catastrophic except for the F-35C. To put it simply, the new F-35s can no longer compensate in flight time for the F-35s that are aging too quickly.

Availability Rates of Air Force Fighters, by Age

Percent
1676377516637.png

Flying Hours of Air Force Fighters, by Age

Number of Hours per Aircraft per Month
1676377563812.png

Availability Rates of Marine Corps Fighters, by Age

Percent
1676377597240.png

Flying Hours of Marine Corps Fighters, by Age

Number of Hours per Aircraft per Month
1676377619078.png

Since Block 2B is the first block to have any claimed combat capability, that IOC—if and when it is declared—will be lacking required 2B “operationally-relevant … performance” combat capabilities, according to the DOT&E report. Those capabilities and their flight tests are now deferred to later Blocks 3i and 3F, which introduce an all-new computer but will not have “Full Operational Capability” (FOC). The first FOC system will be Block 4, currently scheduled to be declared fully capable in 2022—assuming no further schedule slips in the intervening seven years.

In 2015 the FOC was planned with block 4 in 2022, i.e. 7 years later, and in 2023 the FOC is planned in 2030 with block 4, i.e. 7 years later

Moharf ha Ha HA HA HA Ha HA HA HA !!!!

In 2015 the FOC was planned with block 4 in 2022, i.e. 7 years later, and in 2023 the FOC is planned in 2030 with block 4, i.e. 7 years later

Moharf ha Ha HA HA HA Ha HA HA HA !!!!
Knowing the Americans they & only they are good enough to attempt a salvage of a catastrophe like this by saying it's been a learning curve pointing out to the various committee reports by Congress, DoD & the services on this project besides audit reports by various governmental organizations & multiple case studies launched by academia think tanks etc over the yrs on this project.

At the end of all this, they'd point out the gains they've made vide "learnings" from this project much like how they "learned" from Korea,Vietnam, etc isn't it sweetie? @Innominate

Just goes to prove that if you're already running a budget deficit in trillions & trillions, making up for it by merely printing more money while the rest of the world is subsidizing your lifestyle choices by holding & trading in your currency & treasury bonds, why should it affect you ?

Reactions: Ironhide and Abheer
Oh that's right. The f-35 is in India at an air show. This is why the frogs are paranoid. Relax trolls, I can't see the F-35 being offered. I'd be more worried about transferer of tech offered to a F15,16,18.

Last edited:
Now that is sad. You are using a PR note for an air show, by an unnamed author. It could have been worse, he could have added the drop tank. You might as well cite yourself. let me know what the Indian air force says the same thing.

For those with a bit of a memory. The Indian air force did speed runs in the competition. the results were published at the time and should still be available
It is a well documented fact. known for years and not denied by competitors.
Supercruise : F22 > EF2000 > Rafale.
Non supercuising : F35, Gripen, M2000, F16....

'Well documented fact' That's great, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to post an official Dassault statement or spec.:coffee:

The document used is the same than me. It is an official Dassault document.

Capture.PNG

Another one, more interesting : publication from Dassault International itself in 2005 :

View attachment 26540
That's a pilot. With unspecified qualifiers. like straight and level flight and not a dive. You need to have an official dassault.

The document used is the same than me. It is an official Dassault document.

View attachment 26538
That's not an official dassault, it's a PR blurb by an unknown author.

This is getting like the fake Gripen doc, that said it had a RCS of 0.01. I see the Frogs forumers, have gone quiet on that claim for the Rafale

Last edited: