Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

UFO, my a r s e. Those Americans are smart. After all the ridicule they gathered deploying the Raptors to shoot balloons as they don't have anything else in their inventory with the ability to reach such heights, they came up with this cock & bull story.

Revisit the story in about a fortnight or a month & you'd hear nothing on what they recovered or what the analysis revealed.

They're just too embarrassed to state THE FACT that the Raptor shot down yet another balloon. Meanwhile sweetie here who even in normal circumstances can't tell his head from his rear & usually has his head up his rear ,treating exotic news & everything like this coming out of official or news channels as the Gospel will keep orgasming out here .

UFO, my a r s e. Those Americans are smart. After all the ridicule they gathered deploying the Raptors to shoot balloons as they don't have anything else in their inventory with the ability to reach such heights, they came up with this cock & bull story.

Revisit the story in about a fortnight or a month & you'd hear nothing on what they recovered or what the analysis revealed.

They're just too embarrassed to state THE FACT that the Raptor shot down yet another balloon. Meanwhile sweetie here who even in normal circumstances can't tell his head from his rear & usually has his head up his rear ,treating exotic news & everything like this coming out of official or news channels as the Gospel will keep orgasming out here .
Bah Gawd, da Raptor took down a UFO and sent a message all across the Galaxy that America dominates the entire Universe and not ONLY the Earth. Don't mess with the Masha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Innominate

In all seriousness though, as per the pilots' debrief, this thing was flying at 40,000 feet and tried to interfere with F-22s sensors. Plus it was floating in such a manner that is not known to be part of any current propulsion.

Looks like UFO, if the pilot's debrief is correct or simple propaganda as @_Anonymous_ alluded to.

In all seriousness though, as per the pilots' debrief, this thing was flying at 40,000 feet and tried to interfere with F-22s sensors. Plus it was floating in such a manner that is not known to be part of any current propulsion.

Looks like UFO, if the pilot's debrief is correct or simple propaganda as @_Anonymous_ alluded to.
What're you talking about ? The flight path of that object resembled that of a UFO from the ground since visual inspection couldn't yield conclusive evidence. The Americans not the most intelligent species around jumped out of their skin , yelled Sweet mother of God & as per protocol despatched the Raptors thinking this was Independence Day Part 3 .

Check out the flight profile of that "UFO" . It matches a balloon . It bobs & weaves & it hovers . A balloon does much the same .

Just coz it's not spherical shaped & coloured strangely doesn't mean it isn't a balloon. One of the pilots discovered his sensors acting crazy - read as the sensors couldn't detect the balloon which these guys thought was a solid object , hence the surprise.

I'm sure when they shot the balloon the helium released was yellow in color with the molecules engineered in such a way so as to read Gotcha by the Chinese. Realising they'd be played again by the Chinese they concocted this story . Sweetie's selling their snake oil here while the Chinese must be ROFLMAO ing .

Reactions: Ironhide
I guess when contract negotiations begin for the Rafale M, we will know more about our own configuration.

The US seems to be making a play for the F-35.
Are you sure that Rafale M is the winner? IN yet to announce about who is gonna land on their deck.

Awww I can't see mein pet monkey's post anymore. I had to take drastic action because she was posting a lot of tranny pics and related articles about tranny lifestyle of which she's into and wanted me to know about. Told her that I'm not into her satanic lifestyle but she wouldn't listen.

• Haha
Reactions: _Anonymous_
Awww I can't see mein pet monkey's post anymore. I had to take drastic action because she was posting a lot of tranny pics and related articles about tranny lifestyle of which she's into and wanted me to know about. Told her that I'm not into her satanic lifestyle but she wouldn't listen.
I see that 10 day douching session at both ends you underwent was unsuccessful in 1 end . Hope for your sake it's only one end .

Are you sure that Rafale M is the winner? IN yet to announce about who is gonna land on their deck.
The Rafale is radioactive for the elections and the F-18 is not. If the F-18 had won, it would have been announced by now, but if the Rafale won, it will be announced when the Government of India deems it necessary, and perhaps even after the elections. So the longer the announcement takes, the more hopeful the Rafale fans are.

Well this is getting interesting...

What dafuq did we (we as all of earth) shoot down?

We are closest to nuclear war than we have ever been. We are also extremely close to a new WW. So this could be extraterrestrials sending us a message. :p

More realistically, either the Russians or Chinese have developed some new capabilities we are not aware of.

But I'm leaning towards first contact. One of the objects sighted over Lake Huron was said to be an octagon. :p

More realistically, they are all Chinese stuff.

Reactions: Abheer

People are claiming the SH cannot be operated from either carrier, so the M is the default option. It's likely a single vendor situation. Let's see what we find out over this week.

The Rafale is radioactive for the elections and the F-18 is not. If the F-18 had won, it would have been announced by now, but if the Rafale won, it will be announced when the Government of India deems it necessary, and perhaps even after the elections. So the longer the announcement takes, the more hopeful the Rafale fans are.

No chance. This was a proper competitve tender. The 36-jet deal was out of the blue, and it was initiated while MMRCA was still active, hence the controversy. If Congress makes a big deal out of an IN deal that followed procedure, they will get laughed at by their own people.

We should either see an announcement in Aero India, or possibly after a month or two, after the IN sees everything else the US has to offer. There is an element of risk for Dassault concerning the F-35C, but it's a long shot for the Americans. Billie Flynn was recently talking about how India cannot absorb the technology. :ROFLMAO:

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion
The best the US will offer is the F-15.16.18. There may be some tech transfer. This is what India actually wants from a supplier. Like China with Russia. I can't see the F-35 being offered and if it was, there would be no tech transfer.

If thats the case, price negotiations will start only after election, ie 2024. And we are insane on negotiation, probably deal will be signed around 2027 only.
The best the US will offer is the F-15.16.18. There may be some tech transfer. This is what India actually wants from a supplier. Like China with Russia. I can't see the F-35 being offered and if it was, there would be no tech transfer.
No tech transfer, no mmrca deal.

The Rafale deal was controversial because of the association with the Ambani group . However , that's not the case here with the IN procurement .

Even otherwise it's rare for the GoI to announce deals in advance . However , there could be a possibility that they're keeping the lid on the Rafales being selected by the IN till they sign the IGA with President Macron during his visit here next month .

I don't think they'd wait till after the elections since the elections are scheduled mid next year.

Let's wait & watch.

Reactions: Rajput Lion

The US is open to tech transfer in certain areas. GE has requested the Senate to provide India 100% ToT for the F414, and that will open up cooperation for AMCA's advanced engine. If that's blocked, then that's largely the end of long term US-India cooperation in aerospace, 'cause the French are cool with 100% ToT.

The IN doesn't need ToT for 1-2 squadrons, 'cause there's no local production required for such small numbers, it's only realistic for 6 squadrons. The US is willing to offer the F-35 with very limited ToT, like CKDs at best and some spares production, but they want a GTG deal. So the F-35 is an option for the IN, who want just 1-2 squadrons.

The F-35 is in India 'cause the US intends to sell it to India.

“We are still at the very early stages of India considering what it is interested in for its next generation Air Force fighter. Those discussions on the India side are still very early and so I would say it’s far too premature to talk about that,” said Rear Admiral Michael L. Baker, Senior Defense Official & Defense Attaché, US Embassy, New Delhi.

And, what's important to note is India is not the one asking for the F-35.
He added: “We haven’t been asked. We haven’t had those kind of high-level of discussions (on F-35). India is very focussed on building its own future fighters.”

India today is where the US was before WW2, a rising power, and the US is where the UK was before WW2, a declining power. The Americans understand very well that they have no hopes of competing with China in the long term, hence they are hyping up India's stature globally in a semi-artificial manner. Better a democratic India without a stick up its *censored* running the world than an authoritative China born with a built-in unremovable stick.

We are in a temporary US vs China contest for global leadership, which should last about a decade, a decade and a half, post which the main competition will be between India and China, and this could last dozens of decades, perhaps centuries, like it has been in the past.

Reactions: Ironhide