Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

All your previous doom and gloom opinions, has come to naught. I think you like the pain of failure.
You gotta give him credit for his resilience... he just don't give a damn he's been wrong. In his froggy mind one of these days his bs/wishful thinking will finally come true.

Is it the announcement of a revolution in the USAF. These declarations and this new model sign the end of the f-35 as the work horse of the USAF.

Franck Kendall AIR FORCE SECRETARY :
Air Force leadership has "recently given our planners a nominal quantity of collaborative combat aircraft to assume for planning purposes. The planning assumption is 1,000 CCAs," Kendall continued. "This figure was derived from an assumed two CCAs for [each of] 200 NGAD platforms, and an additional two for each of 300 F-35s, for a total of 1,000."

Kendall continued by saying that the Air Force would become "unaffordable" if it continued to only buy current generation aircraft like the F-35A and F-15EX, as well as future NGAD combat jets, and that CCAs will offer additional "affordable mass." He added that "if we ask for too much [of the CCAs] we're gonna get bogged down trying to get what we need" and that the drones didn't need to be "gold-plated" to provide important additional operational advantages.

Good. It's a 1 to 1 replacement of the F-22. But at the same time disappointed that even the US has only managed to remote control the drones rather than at least make them semi-autonomous, hence the fewer number of drones per jet.

“Right now, there’s a growing sense of urgency in the USAF to get the ball rolling on F-35 Block IV upgrades. If we were to go to war right now, I think a match-up between current F-35s and J-20s [China’s current operational stealth fighter] would be uncomfortably close. I think we’ll see some Block IV upgrades be dropped or come out staggered and be integrated into earlier lots before the first ‘all Block IV’ production models come out in the latter part of this decade (hopefully).”

The block 4 upgrade will be in chunks so by 2025 there will be improvements. But, I think it's good evidence the F-35 is as good as the J-20 in it's current form with potential to be much better after block 4. About 200 NGAD, it's also just preliminary build. Basically primary air defense squad #1. It could easily be 500.

So my suggestion is India should also procure 300 F-35s and 200 NGADs. Eventually replacing F-35 with AMCA. GE engine upgrade to a 5.5 engine.

All of this in production by 2030.

Cost isn't even bad. 300 F-35s with domestic assembly and more would be pretty easy. Add on 200 for the Navy. 500 average cost of procurement is 100 mil. Let's say. New engine, new radar.

By 2035 for India it's 200 NGAD, 300 AMCA, 500 F-35 for 1000 stealth fighters. Good for 2nd best airforce in the world.

I hope India's economy takes off so this happens. Who knows how the decade will go.

No country can beat this offer or capability for India. Will it happen? For security of India and the world I hope it does.

Last edited:
So my suggestion is India should also procure 300 F-35s and 200 NGADs. Eventually replacing F-35 with AMCA. GE engine upgrade to a 5.5 engine.
There Is no way in hell we can afford this, Not even in our Wildest dream.
Also, That Much defense Spending will be a political Suicide for any Party Be it BJP or Congress.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion

“Right now, there’s a growing sense of urgency in the USAF to get the ball rolling on F-35 Block IV upgrades. If we were to go to war right now, I think a match-up between current F-35s and J-20s [China’s current operational stealth fighter] would be uncomfortably close. I think we’ll see some Block IV upgrades be dropped or come out staggered and be integrated into earlier lots before the first ‘all Block IV’ production models come out in the latter part of this decade (hopefully).”

The block 4 upgrade will be in chunks so by 2025 there will be improvements. But, I think it's good evidence the F-35 is as good as the J-20 in it's current form with potential to be much better after block 4. About 200 NGAD, it's also just preliminary build. Basically primary air defense squad #1. It could easily be 500.

Cost isn't even bad. 300 F-35s with domestic assembly and more would be pretty easy. Add on 200 for the Navy. 500 average cost of procurement is 100 mil. Let's say. New engine, new radar.

By 2035 for India it's 200 NGAD, 300 AMCA, 500 F-35 for 1000 stealth fighters. Good for 2nd best airforce in the world.

I hope India's economy takes off so this happens. Who knows how the decade will go.

No country can beat this offer or capability for India. Will it happen? For security of India and the world I hope it does.
We can't become 2nd most powerful airforce based on imports. Thus we have to bite the bullet(which we've) and go full "swadeshi"(indigenous), which we're currently doing. The result would be visible in the next few decades.

We can't become 2nd most powerful airforce based on imports. Thus we have to bite the bullet(which we've) and go full "swadeshi"(indigenous), which we're currently doing. The result would be visible in the next few decades.
While it is building up local expertise. India could rely on imports for quite some time. It isn't one or the other. It will be a transition.

Screenshot_2023-02-12-00-10-49-646_com.instagram.android~2.jpg

At least I'm glad to see the ridiculous assessments that used to float around even just a few years ago are dead, even from professionals. I'd actually say equalising the F-35 with the J-20 is basially admitting that the J-20 is actually better.

If the US is open to selling NGAD to India, then we won't need the F-35, nor will we need production. Just 60-odd NGADs will do. We only have to deal with 1 Chinese front and 1 Pak front. The US has to deal with 3 Chinese fronts, 3 Russian fronts and the ME with 300 F-35s and 200 NGADs. Otoh, we will need more drones instead, with production ToT, or our own drones, whatever works.

Over the next 30 years, it doesn't matter if we are the best air force or the seventh best, what we really need to become is the best army in the world and the best navy in the IOR.

AMCA won't be ready within the timeline you've suggested.
LOL! IMO you are too much worried about china. Relax, China isn't as stupid as russia.

Xi Jinping is the problem, not China. Believes himself to be Mao II.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
I disagree .
Also, How do you Come to his conclusion?
Well, he tech regulated his crown jewels, then he launched a property market squeeze, on top of adding in Covid Zero mass lockdowns, and common prosperity. Probably the worst economic decision making since Mao. Here's the thing. The general rule of leadership in power is don't do harm.

This is all in one year.

Basically, Putin and Xi have perfected one skill, which is *censored* up and stay in power because you're so good at court/power accumulation.

• Informative
Reactions: RASALGHUL
At least I'm glad to see the ridiculous assessments that used to float around even just a few years ago are dead, even from professionals. I'd actually say equalising the F-35 with the J-20 is basially admitting that the J-20 is actually better.

If the US is open to selling NGAD to India, then we won't need the F-35, nor will we need production. Just 60-odd NGADs will do. We only have to deal with 1 Chinese front and 1 Pak front. The US has to deal with 3 Chinese fronts, 3 Russian fronts and the ME with 300 F-35s and 200 NGADs. Otoh, we will need more drones instead, with production ToT, or our own drones, whatever works.

Over the next 30 years, it doesn't matter if we are the best air force or the seventh best, what we really need to become is the best army in the world and the best navy in the IOR.

AMCA won't be ready within the timeline you've suggested.

Xi Jinping is the problem, not China. Believes himself to be Mao II.

F-35 is for this decade up until 2035. We all know the F-35 has been slow when it comes to upgrades. Bad timing for a 2025 Taiwan fight perhaps only the first or 2nd subsection complete of block 4, by 2027 most airplanes should get a new radar, most of the block 4 subsections will be complete. Then the stuff added on for future dominance is 2028+ like engine and stuff. So the timing does suggest urgency in block 4 early subsections.

AMCA can be accelerated. For the Navy, I think it's easiest to build up tech and dominance compared to airforce and army.

All of this is just a matter of money. Can India hit 10 trillion by 2030? Who knows.