Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning and F-22 'Raptor' : News & Discussion

According to our services, Xi Jinping believes that he knows everything and does not need anyone to decide.
Putin is not stupid. He is definitely weak in his war strategy. The leaders of the west are stupid. Look at the aftermath of the war. Europeans and Americans suffered more compared to Russians. So who handled it better?
I am not sure whether Xi is stupid or not. But his ego and evilness has certainly overshadowed any intelligence he might have.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion
Europeans and Americans suffered more compared to Russians.
This is what Russian propaganda says: I am in Europe and I have not noticed anything:
  • there has been no shortage of energy or food.
  • Inflation has risen a little: it is currently 5.6% in France, and it has never exceeded 7%.
  • But salaries have risen in the same proportions and the state has created aids for all those who were at risk of being put in difficulty.
  • The euro briefly fell below parity with the dollar, but it is already back to 1.08 and in the long term the crisis will probably have no effect on it.
  • Over the past year I have been to Germany and Spain and life seemed as normal as ever, and I think it is the same all over Europe.
  • It's been the best year for Dassault for a long time and some say 2023 will be even better. ;)

Reactions: BMD
This is what Russian propaganda says: I am in Europe and I have not noticed anything:
  • there has been no shortage of energy or food.
  • Inflation has risen a little: it is currently 5.6% in France, and it has never exceeded 7%.
  • But salaries have risen in the same proportions and the state has created aids for all those who were at risk of being put in difficulty.
  • The euro briefly fell below parity with the dollar, but it is already back to 1.08 and in the long term the crisis will probably have no effect on it.
  • Over the past year I have been to Germany and Spain and life seemed as normal as ever, and I think it is the same all over Europe.
  • It's been the best year for Dassault for a long time and some say 2023 will be even better. ;)
I think Putin is just telling his people that we're suffering because they're really suffering. All I've noticed is tomatoes and peppers getting limited to 2 bags per shopper, but that was due to a poor harvest in Spain or something, i.e. not war related.

"The Harris INterference CANcellation System (INCANS) removes jammer interference to protect the pilot’s communications.

The EA-18G Growler uses powerful electronic attack jammers to blind enemy radar and protect allied aircraft during missions into hostile territory. Unfortunately, the very high energy from the jammers also blocks on-board communications. INCANS collects a sample of the jammer interference and uses that sample to create and anti-interference signal, which it then mixes into the receive path for the protected radio. The result of mixing the interference and anti-interference is that they cancel each other out, leaving only the desired reception.

Harris delivers communications while jamming capability."

do you want to talk about active cancellation headphones, too?

We can even talk about active cancellation on the collins class submarine, that's public now.

All 3 are a whole different kettle of fish, to active cancelation radar. Which is now obsolete.

Start a new topic EMS "Electromagnetic spectrum 101" at the moment you are 1+1=5

Lol, you are mixing sound with EMS.

I agree the Russians are barely fighting this war considering how stupidly the average Russian conscript is dying to stuff. But they are experiencing substantial losses. Let's not be delusional.
The Ukrainians are equally getting slaughtered but they have the intelligence advantage. The demographic damage the Ukrainians are going to experience is going to be sad. Same for Russians to a lesser extent.
Russians are experiencing production shortfalls. We still don't know if they can get all the raw materials and components to procure them. We don't even know if the Chinese are exporting some supplies or not.

The Ukrainians are dying at the rate 10 times more than the Russians. But yeah, the Russians need to be better trained. Had more troops been professionals, the casualty rate could have been 20 or 30 times less instead.

As for production shortfalls, the scale of the war isn't enough to be a problem for the Russians yet. Their baseline production was already pretty good, and that's improved a lot. Getting ammo from other sources is just a good idea, even if you have plenty already, because there's no way of knowing how the war will escalate.

Russia is a source of raw materials for the whole world. They are number 1 in terms of mineral reserves and the second largest exporter of minerals. It's one of the reasons why everything they make is so cheap.

I don't think INCANS will be effective against Spectra. It's more of redundancy.

A Growler jamming enemy comm can also jam its own comm, INCANS prevents its own comm from being affected via active cancellation.

The same principle, but in a more advanced form, has been applied for radars by the Rafale.

That's too much for a country that cannot grow beyond 3%.

inflationFrance.png

And it may take quite a bit of time for the effects to be felt. But I think Russia will suffer more.

It's been the best year for Dassault for a long time and some say 2023 will be even better. ;)

Saudi?

Hopefully adds all-aspect EA.

Active Cancellation is more effective against low-band monopulse radars. Against modern AESA(X-band) radars, any form of EA or even ACT is extremely difficult because of their frequency hopping ability. However, Rafale does have ACT. The French know it's extremely difficult to cancel entire signature using ACT against AESA radars(and against future GaN based AESA and ROFAR it's going to be even more difficult) with only 3 jamming antennas(two at canard root, one in the tail).

But they have tuned SPECTRA to reduce spikes by cancelling that particular area's signal. This in turn reduces Rafale's RCS and gives it 'Active Stealth'. Still no where as good as Passive Stealth of F-22/F-35, but still quite effective.

And since it is F-35 thread, I would like to say in light of the happenings that while F-35 is a good plane, India needs to stay away from it. Period.

Active Cancellation is more effective against low-band monopulse radars. Against modern AESA(X-band) radars, any form of EA or even ACT is extremely difficult because of their frequency hopping ability. However, Rafale does have ACT. The French know it's extremely difficult to cancel entire signature using ACT against AESA radars(and against future GaN based AESA and ROFAR it's going to be even more difficult) with only 3 jamming antennas(two at canard root, one in the tail).

But they have tuned SPECTRA to reduce spikes by cancelling that particular area's signal. This in turn reduces Rafale's RCS and gives it 'Active Stealth'. Still no where as good as Passive Stealth of F-22/F-35, but still quite effective.

And since it is F-35 thread, I would like to say in light of the happenings that while F-35 is a good plane, India needs to stay away from it. Period.
You are also talking analog vs digital. If Rafale really used the true active cancelation, it would be obsolete. It doesn't, the Rafale has a good electronic warfare suite. i've never said differently.

You are also talking analog vs digital. If Rafale really used the true active cancelation, it would be obsolete. It doesn't, the Rafale has a good electronic warfare suite. i've never said differently.
As I said, true Active Cancellation against frequency hopping LPI AESA radars is literally impossible. Especially when they are emitting in a 'random mode'. French know this. That's why they have tuned SPECTRA with limited ACT which reduces spikes and overall lessens Rafale's RCS.

Passive Stealth like F-22/F-35 is the future. That's why everyone is developing their own stealth fighters. But ACT would also evolve just like EW. Part of natural progression, I think.

Oh gosh, with only about 30% of rafales with AESA. What OSF % ? Do you really want to go down this path? And i'll need a link to your claim. It normally isn't how it works. A lot of the time, not 100% of things work in active aircraft and they fly with known issues.
One sole fighter with AESA in a flight of 4 or 6 is all but enough.
Putin is not stupid. He is definitely weak in his war strategy. The leaders of the west are stupid. Look at the aftermath of the war. Europeans and Americans suffered more compared to Russians.
Are you serious?
Russia is out for decades. It is now clear that it is no more a super power (for those who always have a doubt).

I remember, another time, that LM itself said that to be 5th gen a plane has to be : VLO, Supercruising, with sensor fusion, affordable and at least agile as a F16.
So far only F22 is a 5th gen according to her majesty LM.
J-20 ? we don't know.
F35 is out for 2 assets : agility and supercruise.

I would like to read that source if you can share it please