Votes: 1 0.4%
  • F-18 SH

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • F-15EX

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Let's see. I see things slowing down to a halt with a special package for Bihar.
As long as CBN is with Modi, Nitish can't do much. This is likely to be there for initial 2 to 3 years. The next half will go through tough negotiations. So whatever this government is planning to execute, they need to do it in the first 3 years. Let's see

Rafale M, I am also doubtful, because of Order Log. Even if we place orders, delivery schedule will be far off.
It ll better to sign Scorpene follow on first.

Rafale M, I am also doubtful, because of Order Log. Even if we place orders, delivery schedule will be far off.
Dassault can roll out 33 Rafales annually. Untill IAF also orders 114 Rafales off the shelf, they are not exactly having order backlog problems.

The only constraint will be how fast can IN train it's crew to accept the aircrafts.
We will have problems in Rafale M due to cost and other commitments of IN.

The sooner the order comes, the sooner the delivery comes.

DRAL can start producing Rafale if there's a significant order.

• Agree
Reactions: Amarante
As per some recent reports, Safran has offered 100% TOT with full IP for AMCA's next-gen engine. I think we're going to sign Rafale-M, more Scorpenes and this engine deal very soon with France. Maybe within next 6 months.

Under Modi, Indo-French friendship and defence partnership is further going to soar high.

As per some recent reports, Safran has offered 100% TOT with full IP for AMCA's next-gen engine. I think we're going to sign Rafale-M, more Scorpenes and this engine deal very soon with France. Maybe within next 6 months.

Under Modi, Indo-French friendship and defence partnership is further going to soar high.

If engine deal goes through then, I think

MRFA or IAF Rafale Batch 2 + Rafale M
Total of minimum 90 numbers will be made at DRAL.

If engine deal goes through then, I think

MRFA or IAF Rafale Batch 2 + Rafale M
Total of minimum 90 numbers will be made at DRAL.

If true, this would be huge and best case actually.

Local production of GE414 will still go through for LCA and AMCA mk1 and we get a good partner for local engine for mk2.

Also we get Rafale local production line so after that we can close off the import for fighter aircrafts forever.

I beleive EF or F15 EX will win this tender this time, mainly due to low price range.
And Rafale with Local production at Nagpur with several local components like MRF tyres and M88 engine components coming from local Safran facility & many other local components can bring down the cost of Rafale even lower than that if there's an assured order for 114 IAF & 26 Rafale M for Indian Navy....😊

And Rafale with Local production at Nagpur with several local components like MRF tyres and M88 engine components coming from local Safran facility & many other local components can bring down the cost of Rafale even lower than that if there's an assured order for 114 IAF & 26 Rafale M for Indian Navy....😊
30% price reduction, thars what EFT is offering. I don't think cheap Indian mentality can ignore that.

30% price reduction, thars what EFT is offering. I don't think cheap Indian mentality can ignore that.
Yes, but for MMRCA they were 20% more expensive in LCC and they even made an unsolicited offer to correct this. So this 30% reduction on their normal price corresponds to a 10% reduction on the price of the Rafale. And Dassault is hoping to reduce the price by 20% by spreading its highly productive methods to DRAL, which HAL is refusing to do.

Yes, but for MMRCA they were 20% more expensive in LCC and they even made an unsolicited offer to correct this. So this 30% reduction on their normal price corresponds to a 10% reduction on the price of the Rafale. And Dassault is hoping to reduce the price by 20% by spreading its highly productive methods to DRAL, which HAL is refusing to do.
EF consortium is desperate this time around. They will do anything to bag MRFA as they know that Rafale's sales literally took off when it won the original MMRCA.

IAF wants Rafale but if one plane can make them switch their mind, it could be Typhoon. It definitely isn't superior to Rafale as far as all-round performance is concerned, but a fleet of 114 Typhoons all with Meteor is a frightful scenario for both PAF & PLAAF. It remains a superlative air to air fighter with superb TWR. Trust me this TWR is as important factor as any other over the Himalayas.

Ms. Dassault better watch out this time around. IAF chief has been briefed about this latest Typhoon offer. @BMD.

Reactions: YoungWolf
EF consortium is desperate this time around. They will do anything to bag MRFA as they know that Rafale's sales literally took off when it won the original MMRCA.

IAF wants Rafale but if one plane can make them switch their mind, it could be Typhoon. It definitely isn't superior to Rafale as far as all-round performance is concerned, but a fleet of 114 Typhoons all with Meteor is a frightful scenario for both PAF & PLAAF. It remains a superlative air to air fighter with superb TWR. Trust me this TWR is as important factor as any other over the Himalayas.

Ms. Dassault better watch out this time around. IAF chief has been briefed about this latest Typhoon offer. @BMD.
No AESA for EFT.
I beleive IAF will opt F15 EX over EFT any day. But low price tag will overrule everything in india.

I beleive IAF will opt F15 EX over EFT any day.

And let America catch India & IAF with Balls so they can decide whether we use F15s during the war with Pakistan & China or not. Just like F35s are controlled by US and every time you need to go on a sortie you first reveal whether it's on patrol or Air show or you want to split do a Balakot on Pakistan and they will decide whether you can use it or not even after paying billions of dollars for the planes.

Sorry that's a bad choice....😡😬🤐

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion
Any fighter other than Rafale will push us 5-8 years behind effective fielding of fighters.

From production to maintenance to training tactics.. Rafale hold the time advantage outside the tender.

Engine deal + Tech support + price will deciding factor..

We ll select Rafale even if both EFT and Rafale offers are similar.

For EFT to win, they either must throw in the towel or Rafale have to push us out.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion