Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

If anyone questions why the government fails to defend the Rafale deal properly, just watch this talk show and the quality of the BJP participants knowledge:

Foreign Military Sales vs. Direct Commercial Sales

US FMS (One of the 'Popular' G2G route) means US DoD deals with the risk of vendor sticking to schedule, cost and performance. Effectively guaranteeing the delivery of wares ordered and ensuring customer pays the money it owes. They do charge administrative cost but the counter argument is that other way round --DCS-- does not have the advantage of scale which US DoD enjoys.

The reddy guy was being .... dishonest.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: R!cK
Eric Trappier stated in March 2015, that the deal is close to be signed and responsibility issue settled.
And you believe it?
India-Rafale Deal Could Be Concluded By March 2015, Says Dassault CEO

In Nov 2014 he said that the deal will be signed by March 2015.

Given the way negotiations were going, it would not have been concluded even by 2050. I have full faith in Indian PSUs and their working standard. Indian PSUs can never conclude anything of importance ever.

And you believe it?

Believing is not the issue, gaining and understanding facts from officials is!
And he is on record ahead of the Rafale deal, to comply to the RFP and to work with HAL, which is contradicting the government's stand.
From his recent interviews, we also know that he didn't had a clue about the cancellation of MMRCA, as well as the Rafale deal, until it was announced to the public, while the government suddenly claims that cancelling MMRCA started in March 2015, which again is contradicting, in this case when to their own government officials.

What not a fake requirement but urgent requirement by IAF.

Wrong, only IAF can set a certain requirement for arms or techs, for their operational needs. That's how they came up with the requirement for 126 x Mirage 2000 in 2001.
IAF however never requested 36 fighters only, nor Rafale specifically, quite the contrary as Air Chief Raha back then confirms. And even the government in it's recent attempt to excuse the Rafale deal, is not mentioning IAF as part of the decision making process, let alone a request by them. So the whole BS about critical requirement, is just a fake argument by the government to justify the Rafale deal!

Air force:
1. Barak
2. LCA Mk1A (Order still not placed)
3. Rafale (Agreed, But 36 instead of 126)
4. S-400
5. Brahmos
6. Apache
7. Chinook

8. Ka-226T (Order still not placed)
...Need I say more? LOL. If its more cooked up examples, please No thank you!
(Score = 5.5/8)

5.5? Far too high

Assault Rifles - cancelled
Spike ATGM - cancelled
MMRCA - cancelled
Mid air refueller - cancelled
MTA - cancelled
Mine layer - cancelled/selected/ cancelled again
16 ASW helicopter fast procurement - cancelled
Su 57 / FGFA - cancelled
Avro replacement - delayed

Additional C17 - delayed
Additional AWACS - delayed

LPD - delayed
P75I SPM tender - delayed
Naval helicopter SPM tender
- delayed
SE MMRCA SPM tender - cancelled
Ka226 - DAC approved, no contract yet
Additional PC7 - DAC approved, no contract / cancelled

Private info. The 24 Qatari Rafale will be delivered during first half of 2019. The very first operational F3R (french ones are being tested at CEAM to establish new doctrina)

• Informative
Reactions: R!cK and Sathya
Flight testing in France, these pics real?

DtgD8gGU4AATrR5.jpg

DtgD-i8VsAAzHLO.jpg

@halloweene @Picdelamirand-oil

Operational SATCOM. HMD for AdA should be announced in january. *About photos, i do not think so.

Attachments

• mMicEvl[1].png
    mMicEvl[1].png
    349 KB · Views: 184