Small Arms & Tactical Equipment

Aunty is gonna kill everyone including herself.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1571752843868.png

What optics is that ? @Milspec @Parthu

6.5 Grendel is the answer, how will I be able to beat this idea down MoD's throat.
Dharnas might work. Try it ! We'll call this the Grendel satyagraha.
Either of the 6.5 or 6.8 will be a better choice for a standard issue then the current crop of calibers we have. I'll be glad if MoD considers either of them for the standard issue ammo role.
You already make the parent case for 6.5 Grendel. Half the tooling and drawing cups are already there.
Grendel shares its case with 5.56 X 45 NATO. But does it cause any reduction to the magazine capacity ? Say from 30 to 25 in a standard AR-15 mag.

Dharnas might work. Try it ! We'll call this the Grendel satyagraha.
Either of the 6.5 or 6.8 will be a better choice for a standard issue then the current crop of calibers we have. I'll be glad if MoD considers either of them for the standard issue ammo role.

Grendel shares its case with 5.56 X 45 NATO. But does it cause any reduction to the magazine capacity ? Say from 30 to 25 in a standard AR-15 mag.
Grendel does not Share it's Case with 5.56x45nato, it's parent case is the 7.62x39mm cartridge.

Here you can see a 6.5 grendel and 7.62x 39 side by side

1571888807825.png

7.62x39 parent case is slightly necked down to mate to 6.5 projectile, has the same boxer primer.

6.5 Grendel is Stanag cartridge so can use a the standard 5.56x45 Nato mags, which will hold 26 rounds of grendel.

Oh, I fuc*ed up then. Thanks for the info.

What about the creedmore then ? Does that share a case with anyone ? and the 6.8 SPC ?
6.8 spec was developed from now defunct .30 Remington cartridge, but funny enough it uses a bullet with exact same dimensions as 270 Winchester.

Creedmoor was designed to fit in the AR10, so has same Cartridge dimensions to 7.62x51N, but 7.62x51N is not the parent case rather an obscure round .30TC, (Thompson Central), It was originally aimed to do what 6.5creedmoor eventually achieved.

1571890619651.png

• Informative
Reactions: Gautam
There were reports that SSS Defence is developing an Assault Rifle. Can IA reduce the number of AK-203s inducted and go with the indigenous SSSD's AR if that satisfies IA's requirements? similar to what we did with Spike ATGM vs DRDO's MPATGM even after establishing the manufacturing facility

Russia to speed up co-production of AK-203 assault rifles

India and Russia had entered into a deal in February this year to jointly manufacture 7.5 lakh AK-203 rifles, which are yet to be produced.

Edited By: Tanweer Azam
Updated: Nov 06, 2019, 22:33 PM IST
Source: IANS

MOSCOW: Russia has agreed to hasten the co-production process of AK-203 assault rifles with India during Rajnath Singh`s maiden visit to the country as Defence Minister, officials said here on Wednesday.

India and Russia had entered into a deal in February this year to jointly manufacture 7.5 lakh AK-203 rifles, which are yet to be produced. Singh is on a three-day official visit to Russia where he met the country`s Defence Minister General Sergey Shoigu on Wednesday at the 19th India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Military and Military Technical Cooperation meeting in Moscow.

"Our partnership with Russia will give a major boost to @makeinindia initiative. Received Strong support from Defense Minister Shoigu for @DefExpoIndia 2020. I also welcome the strong Russian support for early operationalisation of Kalashnikov Joint Venture," tweeted Singh.

India had entered into an Inter-Governmental Agreement with Russia in February 2019 to set up a joint venture for co-production of 7.5 lakh AK-203 assault rifles, which will primarily be handed over to Indian Army troops in the border and insurgency-hit areas to replace the unreliable home-made INSAS rifles.

The state-run Ordnance Factory Korwa in Amethi district of Uttar Pradesh has been selected as the joint venture partner with a 50.5 per cent equity stake for co-production of the AK-203 along with Russian firms.

Production of the rifles will take place in five phases with the indigenous content planned to be increased from 5 to 15 per cent in Phase I to 100 per cent in the fifth and final phase during which the bulk of the rifles will be produced.

"The Russian side affirmed its readiness to operationalise the joint venture Indo-Russia Rifles Private Limited for the manufacture of world class Kalashnikov AK 203 rifles in India at the earliest," said a statement released by the Defence Ministry.

During the meet, General Shoigu underlined Moscow`s commitment to extend all possible support to enhance India`s defence capabilities, including cooperation in advance and cutting-edge technology.

The Russian Defence Minister assured Rajnath Singh of robust participation of the country`s defence firms in DefExpo 2020 which is scheduled to be held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh in February 2020.

"Shri Rajnath Singh emphasised that the special and privileged strategic partnership between the two countries was further strengthened following the Vladivostok Summit in September 2019. He highlighted the importance of the Inter-Governmental Agreement on manufacturing of spares, components and aggregates in India through joint ventures that would reduce cost, timelines of supply and result in progressive indigenisation," the statement further said.

As per officials, Singh held an in-depth discussion on a range of international issues of common concern with his Russian counterpart General Shoigu who also briefed about the Russian operations in Syria. The Russian side reaffirmed its strong support to India in the field of counter-terrorism and stated that it accords priority to New Delhi`s security interests in the region.

The two defence ministers reviewed progress of the two working groups on Military and Military Technical Cooperation. It was agreed that the forthcoming Tri-Service Indra Exercises will be a major milestone in military cooperation between the two countries. Russia affirmed that they would be deputing an officer for the prestigious National Defence College course in New Delhi from the academic year commencing in 2020.

India and Russia directed their respective teams to work closely for early conclusion of the India-Russia Inter-Governmental Agreement on Reciprocal Logistics Support. Reciprocating an invitation, Rajnath Singh assured that an Indian military contingent will participate in the Army Parade of Russia on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the victory in World War II.

Singh will travel to St Petersburg on his third and final day in Russia on Thursday where he is likely to visit a few defence manufacturing facilities.

Russia to speed up co-production of AK-203 assault rifles

A new Indian private company is making plate carriers, camel packs, survival kits etc. in India. It has reportedly managed to score some export orders too. Previously I posted a pic of one of its plate carriers being trialed by Indian military. Apparently it has scored some orders here too. The gear ordered was in small numbers customized to the users demands. This is what it looks like(just in black/dark grey camo) :
1573136362675.png

It has the following :
"Medical Kit ,Tactical Vest,Triple Magazine Pouch,Radio Pouch ,Multi-utility Medical Pouch Ammo dump pouch, Joint protection, Modular Tactical Waist Pouch, Modular 3L Hydration pack ,Tactical Knife, Multi-utility Paracord Bracelet, Gloves, Combat Boots"

1573136428711.png

The medical kit has Orbit chewing gum in it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The company guys on twitter teased, asking to guess who placed the order, stating the operators always use dark grew/black uniform.

1573136868351.png

Here is their back pack.

1573136935548.png

Armasen Sceptre Combat Knife. Currently under design prototype. Manufactured using carbon steel. Loaded with 10ft of 550 paracord as the grip. @randomradio look here somebody is actually making combat knives I was bitching about.

EGqj6xBVAAAsVA8.jpg

Armasen 550 Paracord Bracelets. A Compass, a Whistle and a Firestarter. All-in-one. Pretty handy.

What do you think @Milspec ?

A new Indian private company is making plate carriers, camel packs, survival kits etc. in India. It has reportedly managed to score some export orders too. Previously I posted a pic of one of its plate carriers being trialed by Indian military. Apparently it has scored some orders here too. The gear ordered was in small numbers customized to the users demands. This is what it looks like(just in black/dark grey camo) :
View attachment 11219
It has the following :
"Medical Kit ,Tactical Vest,Triple Magazine Pouch,Radio Pouch ,Multi-utility Medical Pouch Ammo dump pouch, Joint protection, Modular Tactical Waist Pouch, Modular 3L Hydration pack ,Tactical Knife, Multi-utility Paracord Bracelet, Gloves, Combat Boots"

View attachment 11220

The medical kit has Orbit chewing gum in it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The company guys on twitter teased, asking to guess who placed the order, stating the operators always use dark grew/black uniform.

View attachment 11221
Here is their back pack.

View attachment 11222
Armasen Sceptre Combat Knife. Currently under design prototype. Manufactured using carbon steel. Loaded with 10ft of 550 paracord as the grip. @randomradio look here somebody is actually making combat knives I was bitching about.

View attachment 11223
Armasen 550 Paracord Bracelets. A Compass, a Whistle and a Firestarter. All-in-one. Pretty handy.

What do you think @Milspec ?

Looks good, Much like generic bags out there in the market.

On the EDC and GHB
In India, I highly doubt you need a get home bag, or even EDC for that matter. That's more for remotely populated countries and cultures which are inherently standoffish.

I used to keep a GHB in my car few years ago, now I don't. All I have in my car is a first-aid kit, and a proper tool kit. No food, no handgun, no fixed-blade knife. Also paracord is extremely useful, although not the bracelet, that's just a gimmick, It has saved me a bunch of times when I reach the dog park and realize I forgot the leash for my dog. To go from the Parking lot to park there is traffic and my dog is crazy enough to run after trucks.

On the EDC and GHB
In India, I highly doubt you need a get home bag, or even EDC for that matter. That's more for remotely populated countries and cultures which are inherently standoffish.
People who might use it may or may not be operating in India. Besides, plenty of parts of India are pretty barren. I don't know about which parts you have visited/lived in, but plenty of remote places in the Northeast with sparse or no human presence. I got lost in Jampui hills once, was lucky enough to find a small stream and follow it to a Mizo village.

What does a typical GHB have in it ? How much do they cost ?

About their PCs being put through some testing. Here are some photos :
62243782_788020308259624_1011259696337500745_n.jpg
67613094_124828752114946_2415093289749330565_n.jpg

Just with the mag pouches were rigid pouches with elastic bands on top instead of velcro. I like the fact that there are a lot of PCs being used by the military today. A lot of them are good, some are great. But none of them gets the mag pouches right. This one comes very close to being the perfect one.

People who might use it may or may not be operating in India. Besides, plenty of parts of India are pretty barren. I don't know about which parts you have visited/lived in, but plenty of remote places in the Northeast with sparse or no human presence. I got lost in Jampui hills once, was lucky enough to find a small stream and follow it to a Mizo village.

What does a typical GHB have in it ? How much do they cost ?

About their PCs being put through some testing. Here are some photos :
View attachment 11227View attachment 11228

Just with the mag pouches were rigid pouches with elastic bands on top instead of velcro. I like the fact that there are a lot of PCs being used by the military today. A lot of them are good, some are great. But none of them gets the mag pouches right. This one comes very close to being the perfect one.

Depends on where home is,

typical stuff is 24 hr survival backpack, If you are in the US, add either a defensive carbine or a Handgun and ammo depending on how rough you estimate the situation is going to be. So water, life straw, energy bars, water bottles, pocket knives, flashlight, thermal gear, hiking shoes, Battery Jumper pack, rain ponchos, fire kit, first aid, local maps, Phone battery, cash.
That's typical, will run up to average, 100-300 or the stuff minus the firearm.

now my work is 10 mins away from home, so I don't need any of that. For me getting home even on foot is 60 mins deal, so no issues. The best tools to have in getting Home situations, in my opinion, is good knowledge of fixing your vehicle, having good tools in the car/bike, and always have an active roadside service subscription.

The stuff that you see on youtube about preppers and survivalists is just dumb.

The funny thing is these days I don't have to justify to myself why I buy weird crap anymore. I don't buy Knives, or machetes or rifles or guns, or flares for survival or emergency preparedness or anything like that, it's just because I want to. That's all that is comes down to.

I must say though I do carry some kind of pocket knife all the time.

Reactions: Gautam
Army seems to have developed a liking for high set plate carriers.
Credit on pic.
1573316774171.png

1573316817551.png

Steyr SSG 69 Sniper Rifle In Limited service with the Army but very common among CAPFs & state police.
1573316885517.png

Reactions: 5H1KT0