Suggestions

No. But PWA is coming soon.

We already support push notifications.

Actually despite support of push notifications, it doesn't work all the time, atleast for me. I get sporadic notifications and sometimes don't get at all when on mobile.

May I ask any particular reason for choosing PWA over fully native app? The former is less work from development perspective but the latter provides better experience even when compared to PWAs as there is no dependence on the browser, you know the standard js vs native code things.

Actually despite support of push notifications, it doesn't work all the time, atleast for me. I get sporadic notifications and sometimes don't get at all when on mobile.

May I ask any particular reason for choosing PWA over fully native app? The former is less work from development perspective but the latter provides better experience even when compared to PWAs as there is no dependence on the browser, you know the standard js vs native code things.
Push notifications depends on browser service work's running behaviour.

The one you suggested and similar are too expensive without giving added advantage. It may be native app but it's just a wrapper on the site (not API) and we are not in control. PWA will solve most of the inconsistencies.

Reactions: Defc0n
Push notifications depends on browser service work's running behaviour.

The one you suggested and similar are too expensive without giving added advantage. It may be native app but it's just a wrapper on the site (not API) and we are not in control. PWA will solve most of the inconsistencies.

Wrapper on the site as in - they render the site in a webview inside the native app? If yes that would explain the "not API" part. And that is a horrible approach, I wonder why would they even have that at all?

Just inquisitive, is there any forum software which you are aware of which has a truly native client - i.e it handles the API calls in the client and provides a seamless native experience?

Waiting for the PWA to become active on this 👍

Wrapper on the site as in - they render the site in a webview inside the native app? If yes that would explain the "not API" part. And that is a horrible approach, I wonder why would they even have that at all?

Just inquisitive, is there any forum software which you are aware of which has a truly native client - i.e it handles the API calls in the client and provides a seamless native experience?

Waiting for the PWA to become active on this 👍
I don't know exactly how they do it but it's not through API. Xenforo released API last year only that too limited. CMS builder has to make one call it truly native, which they don't.

Reactions: Defc0n
Guys, again, not sure if this is the right thread, if not, please move it to the correct section.
This suggestion is coming from a point of inconvenience.
From the last few days this site has been behaving quite bad. Very long loading time, issues with notifications, sometimes opening the notification bell leads to an error page, conversation not loading properly at times, needs multiple refresh - happening when using from mobile (Chrome browser as well as SPA).

The suggestion is to have a discord Channel for the Forum. Many sites (community based) has it, example - "crackmes.one". Discord is a very stable platform and free to use afaik.

What are your thoughts on this?

• Agree
Reactions: _Anonymous_
Unsure if this is the right thread, but I was wondering what is the current forum policy here in posting links/convos from other forums?

@Ashwin et al.

Unsure if this is the right thread, but I was wondering what is the current forum policy here in posting links/convos from other forums?

@Ashwin et al.
A strict NO!!!! We do not want to get involved with any forum for that matter.

We have had enough problems with that.

Thank you!!!!

Reactions: Nilgiri
Dear admins, @nair @Arvind @Gautam @Ashwin, i hope u all r doing well.
If Su-30MKI replacement & future TEDBF discussion doesn't qualify to be in IAF sub-forum then IMHO there are some other threads which appear unofficial, generic, casual, individual & need to be moved out of IAF sub-forum:

/forums/threads/what-if-pakistan-gets-fifth-generation-fighter-before-india.5083/
/forums/threads/dedicated-bomber-for-iaf-arguments.4806/
/forums/threads/potential-future-plans-for-iaf.4000/
/forums/threads/military-literature-history-discussion.3706/
/forums/threads/analysis-of-plaaf-potential-against-india.3569/
/forums/threads/pak-fa-sukhoi-su-57-updates-and-discussions.110/
/forums/threads/after-balakot-one-eye-on-the-dragon.3363/
/forums/threads/qatar-rafale-pak-hands.3037/
/forums/threads/is-indian-military-aviation-reorienting.3026/
/forums/threads/need-for-5th-generation-fighters-for-iaf.2843/
/forums/threads/china-to-be-offered-russias-best-warplane-su-57.2908/

Members Cafe - A place for members to interact and build on the community , information and updates on the functionalities , suggestions and grievances. Su-30MKI replacement & future TEDBF discussion doesn't belong here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you really don't want to keep it in IAF sub-forum then the following can be an alternative:

Citizen's Charter - This forum section is intended for national level debate , where we discuss improvement in quality of services with time bound outcomes.​

Thanks & regards.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
@Gautam @nair @Ashwin @Arvind & other staff members.
Your names don't appear while tagging, IDK if you guys will get tag notification. We can't even message you guys.
May i know why you changed thread name w/o at least discussing? What's wrong with using "AHCA", TEDBF 2.0"? This is an unofficial, casual chat website sitting on a server in San Francisco, California. Is it a legal crime for citizens to talk about future possibilities using certain acronyms? Are they planning AHCA?
And you moved MKI & TEDBF related thread to World forum!!! 🤦‍♂️ In "suggestions" thread i tagged u guys to discuss but no response.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
@Gautam @nair @Ashwin @Arvind & other staff members.
Your names don't appear while tagging, IDK if you guys will get tag notification. We can't even message you guys.
May i know why you changed thread name w/o at least discussing? What's wrong with using "AHCA", TEDBF 2.0"? This is an unofficial, casual chat website sitting on a server in San Francisco, California. Is it a legal crime for citizens to talk about future possibilities using certain acronyms? Are they planning AHCA?
And you moved MKI & TEDBF related thread to World forum!!! 🤦‍♂️ In "suggestions" thread i tagged u guys to discuss but no response.
I thought you wanted the thread to be moved out of the member cafe, which is what I did. Where do you want it?

Title had too many things thus simplified. I have now restored it to its original form.

Thanks for responding & restoring the name.
I thought you wanted the thread to be moved out of the member cafe, which is what I did. Where do you want it?
The ideal location is in IAF sub-forum like before. There are 11 generic/personal threads already there which i mentioned. But if you guys want to move out all generic/personal threads then "Citizens Charter" could be an alternative. But do it for all applicable threads.

Title had too many things thus simplified. I have now restored it to its original form.
Thanks. When the XENFORO platform has capacity of long thread names then let it be.
Like the name suggest, it is a study/discussion for a next gen common fuselage stealth jet for both Navy & AF like Rafale, solving the limitations of AMCA & TEDBF.

Like the name suggest, it is a study/discussion for a next gen common fuselage stealth jet for both Navy & AF like Rafale, solving the limitations of AMCA & TEDBF.
No, it doesn't suggest anything like that. Naming should be simple to understand.

The ideal location is in IAF sub-forum like before. There are 11 generic/personal threads already there which i mentioned. But if you guys want to move out all generic/personal threads then "Citizens Charter" could be an alternative. But do it for all applicable threads.
Moved to "Citizens Charter".