Tejas Mk2 (Medium Weight Fighter) - News and discussions

All - I spoke to one person in HAL (very disinterested person).....and he says that IAF is not interested in MK2 (MWF).....and that it is interested in AMCA. Hence, ADA is moving resources from MK2 to AMCA projects. Can that be true?

All - I spoke to one person in HAL (very disinterested person).....and he says that IAF is not interested in MK2 (MWF).....and that it is interested in AMCA. Hence, ADA is moving resources from MK2 to AMCA projects. Can that be true?

Nope.

IAF wants 200 single engine medium class aircraft. This can either be MWF or Gripen/F-16. Why would anyone want to miss out on this contract?

MWF is a stepping stone for AMCA. All the technologies required for AMCA will first be tested on MWF and then will go into AMCA. GaN AESA radar, sensor fusion, jammers, EW suite, MAWS, irst, all avionics, etc. Apart from that Radar absorbing material, ram coating, paints, obogs, active skin all will be developed and used on MWF.
IAF needs 300+ MWF to replace mig29s, mirage2k, Jaguars and increase in squadron numbers...
MWF is assured of more than a decade long production run....

Actually, in the last few years, you can see IAF pushing MWF more than AMCA. AMCA is yet to get prototype development funding.

cos really this should be the MWF
1590673150507.png

The big fish.
ORCA? If it is, what do we do with the AMCA Mk-1? You can't have both of them. Besides by the time TEDBF takes shape, it'd be 2030 at least, where's the scope to spend another 5-7 years to refashion ORCA? It'd be AMCA Mk-2 followed by a 6th gen platform & probably a Naval AMCA in between.

ORCA is more about HAL trying to be relevant in the 2030's. They aren't going to be the main contractors in AMCA nor are they in the picture with Dassault Rafale.

It looks like calling both the SE and TE MII requirements as medium weight is causing confusion among the many people.

Also, calling it LCA Mk2 is a better marketing strategy than giving it a different moniker. After all, even the Swedes call their new aircraft Gripen. And the MWF isn't a radical new design, it's merely an upgrade of the Mk1.

We'll see.
Even if it does, it's a great effort put by ARDC guys trolling ADA/IAF.

Bro, the design is quite embarassing. Look at the amount of clearance given between the weapons. The AAMs under the inlets are the worst.

It's just a very poor attempt at copying the Typhoon's weapons loadout on a Rafale-LCA inspired airframe.

Even the engines are not to scale.

Russian and Chinese fanboy photoshops are so much better.

So you follow all his videos, don't you. Good boy. Don't forget to like share & subscribe. Who knows you may learn a thing or two when you have to launch your own platform.
Why ? Evidence shows that you didn't improve much. Besides I don't have that much hindi Gyan to begin with.

ORCA? If it is, what do we do with the AMCA Mk-1? You can't have both of them. Besides by the time TEDBF takes shape, it'd be 2030 at least, where's the scope to spend another 5-7 years to refashion ORCA? It'd be AMCA Mk-2 followed by a 6th gen platform & probably a Naval AMCA in between.

ORCA is more about HAL trying to be relevant in the 2030's. They aren't going to be the main contractors in AMCA nor are they in the picture with Dassault Rafale.

Yep. ORCA is pretty much HAL's attempt to scuttle the MMRCA 2.0/Rafale contract.

TEDBF is a separate ADA-led project, so it should be fine. ORCA is HAL's brainchild, so there's no relation between the two.

Reactions: Ashwin
Why ? Evidence shows that you didn't improve much. Besides I don't have that much hindi Gyan to begin with.
I didn't improve coz I'm too lazy to read source books or papers or even articles on technical subjects. Those videos are good enough to provide basic stuff & technical stuff once in a while ( which you've got to admit is pretty good. Hell, guys at BR are pleased with him & they're not an easy lot to please) .

You can always rely on AI. Just be sure not to give instructions to such a source in Mallu English. It's easy. Roll your 'r's. You'd sound like Edwin instead of Eshwin.

P. S - Don't go about deleting this exchange like you did the past ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: sid4587 and vikata
Bro, the design is quite embarassing. Look at the amount of clearance given between the weapons. The AAMs under the inlets are the worst.

It's just a very poor attempt at copying the Typhoon's weapons loadout on a Rafale-LCA inspired airframe.

Even the engines are not to scale.

Russian and Chinese fanboy photoshops are so much better.
Have you seen the first renders of the AMCA?