Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Ukranian artillery is carrying this war for them. UAV +Artillery is a deadly combination in modern war and Russian forces are having a hard time overcoming this challenge.

Yep. Artillery has done far more damage to tanks than Javelin and NLAW.

Yep. Artillery has done far more damage to tanks than Javelin and NLAW.

Javelin and NLAW are successful in slowing down the Russian armour and Ukranian artillery is finishing of the slowed down Russian formations. With UAVs, artillery commanders now have the ability to view the target realtime and that increased artillery effectiveness several times. A huge portion of Russian armour is destroyed far behind the contact line by Ukrainian artillery. It's a threat Russian army was ill prepared to face.

With more NATO aid, most likely it will change to UAV+ Artillery +Guided ammunition and in thats going to be an even more deadly combo.

• Agree
Reactions: randomradio and BMD
Javelin and NLAW are successful in slowing down the Russian armour and Ukranian artillery is finishing of the slowed down Russian formations.

The problem is they are moving in a line, as a convoy, in enemy territory. Say what? ATGMs wouldn't be such a problem if they actually spread out.
Even I used to laugh at the concept of our T-90s having to move in a line behind a T-55 or T-72 in minefields all because the T-90s didn't come with mine ploughs all these years. But now it's real.

People assume the 2 T-72s in the image are command tanks. Nope, look at the mine plough.
7natu2kjk6s71.jpg

And due to the Rasputitsa season, the Russians attacked during the best time for the defenders. And they even lined up for it. Heads must have rolled in Russia already.

With UAVs, artillery commanders now have the ability to view the target realtime and that increased artillery effectiveness several times. A huge portion of Russian armour is destroyed far behind the contact line by Ukrainian artillery. It's a threat Russian army was ill prepared to face.

With more NATO aid, most likely it will change to UAV+ Artillery +Guided ammunition and in thats going to be an even more deadly combo.

The Russians have basically created their BTGs with the Armata UCP in mind. ATGMs are defeated by APS, drones are killed using DEW, so the effectiveness of both ATGMs and artillery would be very low. The old T tanks have neither APS nor DEW. And the Armata's drones would find the enemy and wipe them out.

This isn't to be little the NLAW or Javelin, they're primarily defensive weapons. Especially the NLAW is important to saturate the battlefield. Javelin is limited by launchers. Although the launcher is reusable and is providing insane value as a night optic.

Without those 2, the artillery and Ukrainian infantry would get overrun.

I would guess something like 60% artillery kills, 30% AT weapon and 10% vehicle for Russian vehicle kills. But the NLAW and Javelin have provided Ukraine a key psychological edge against tanks.

Haha. How do you even apologise for that remark?

The problem is they are moving in a line, as a convoy, in enemy territory. Say what? ATGMs wouldn't be such a problem if they actually spread out.
Even I used to laugh at the concept of our T-90s having to move in a line behind a T-55 or T-72 in minefields all because the T-90s didn't come with mine ploughs all these years. But now it's real.

People assume the 2 T-72s in the image are command tanks. Nope, look at the mine plough.
View attachment 23693

And due to the Rasputitsa season, the Russians attacked during the best time for the defenders. And they even lined up for it. Heads must have rolled in Russia already.

The Russians have basically created their BTGs with the Armata UCP in mind. ATGMs are defeated by APS, drones are killed using DEW, so the effectiveness of both ATGMs and artillery would be very low. The old T tanks have neither APS nor DEW. And the Armata's drones would find the enemy and wipe them out.
They had to move in a line at times because they got stuck in the fields, welcome to European winters.

T-14 has DEW?

DEW would make it harder, but the first thing you do is take out the DEW AA, and then go for the tanks. APS won't be the golden bullet people think, it will stop probably the first missile in a salvo. Even without drones, real time satellite footage and increasingly sophisticated real-time analysis will show tank positions.

The T-90M made no difference.
What is it with Black sea bad weather causing ammo storage on Russian warships to catch fire? What da dealio?
The weather just hates Russian ships, who can blame it. Apparently they've been bombarding the Azovstal steelworks too, so they were probably pre-occupied with trying to achieve something they can attempt to sell as a success on Victory Day. When actually it's just a sign of incompetence that it's taken so long, and desperation that they think it's a victory.

Another dead tank. There's going to be a fortune in scrap metal after this.