Ukraine - Russia Conflict

Ukraine should take the fight into Russian soil and hit Belgorod. Russia uses Belgorod as main hub to support Donbas offensive. I think once those western arty's get deployed they will be able to launch such operations. Don't hold Belgorod but shell it. Russians being arrogant very likely didn't plan on Ukraine being able to cross into Russian territory.

No joke, smart guy. Look at him undermining the Russians and getting away with it coz he plays dumb lol.
Lol. Speech tells me he's not as dumb as he looks and sees the writing on the wall but he may not have control of his military anymore. Lets see what happens with that Belarusian military exercise they are having.

The goods are secondary impact compared to the supply chain and technology inputs. The former is about consumer happiness. I hope you can provide a lot of sugar.

What exactly are you referring to?

90% of a factory might be Russian components, but the last 10% can entirely halt production. It takes a long time to switch over to Chinese tech/software. This is also compounded by losing IT/engineer workers on masse.

It's difficult to say. The sanctions will either create a revolution within Russia for machine tools. Or they will just buy from China and India in the long term, with a temporary short-term disruption until they transition. Both China and India have plans to become self-reliant in every segment of production.

I don't find Russia's oil/gas redirection plan credible either. There's been 100 years of pipelines and infrastructure designed to export to Europe. They need hundreds of billions of dollars in infrastructure development. Ships and LNG aren't even comparable in volume to pipelines. Furthermore, Russian oil and gas is actually running out. They have no more cheap fields. Good luck extracting that without Western oil experts. China doesn't have any, since China doesn't have a lot of oil obviously. There will be an escalation of sanctions on the insurance/transportation/shipping Russian oil as well. Russian oil will be stuck in Russia, underground without the infrastructure, tech or buyers to boot.

Oil ships have to travel longer, but it's possible as long as a large enough discount is applied to make up for it. Russia can afford the discount as well. They may have to build a new oil pipeline that can move oil from the Urals to Vladivostok to reduce shipping costs. Gas shipping will suffer, the Russians do not have enough LNG facilities yet.

But I feel Europe will buy a sizable amount of Russian gas well beyond 2024. In the end, it's still gonna be a supply-demand issue. Those that can import from Russia and other exporters will have a greater advantage over countries that have sanctioned Russia. Or else the long term effect is the death of Europe's industry due to expensive energy and intense mid to long term competition from emerging markets for high end goods.

Yes, Russian managed to avoid the Mike Tyson 1st round punch knockout, but they are also fighting Ali endurance.

Pro human boxers against a brown bear... the odds are lopsided. If Iran and Venezuela have survived, I don't think Russia will face real issues.

Just to avoid complications later for name.

Thought you wanted to join the circus the others started here.

Reactions: jetray
Russia tried an unvalidated concept in the field and it did not work.

Its set piece strategy does not help since the real time intel made available to Ukraine prevents even tactical surprises.

All the twitter posts here wont count for jack if Putin can sell a win to his audience. And by the looks of it, he is getting some of his objectives. A major city is not worth breaking your forces - case point (Kharkov - USSR, Stalingrad - Nazi Germany). Let the other side make emotion driven decisions on war strategy.

Russia wont give a rat's fart over a thousand T-72s. They probably have another 2-3000 in storage somewhere.

My guess ( take it with a pinch of salt ) is Russia is going to do what it historically does the best, try to win the attrition game.

Its set piece strategy does not help since the real time intel made available to Ukraine prevents even tactical surprises.

All the twitter posts here wont count for jack if Putin can sell a win to his audience. And by the looks of it, he is getting some of his objectives. A major city is not worth breaking your forces - case point (Kharkov - USSR, Stalingrad - Nazi Germany). Let the other side make emotion driven decisions on war strategy.

Russia wont give a rat's fart over a thousand T-72s. They probably have another 2-3000 in storage somewhere.

My guess ( take it with a pinch of salt ) is Russia is going to do what it historically does the best, try to win the attrition game.
Except they're devoting massive resources to Mariupol. They also lost 1,000 men in 3 days trying to take Kharkiv over the May Day weekend. So maybe the lesson is not learned.

They're not just T-72s, there are T-90Ms among them now. And it's about 1,100 now, with ~2,700 APCs (BMPs/BTRs etc.) and 2,000+ other land vehicles, not including artillery, MLRS, special vehicles and SAMs.

Well they're certainly doing that... they're dying more than the other side.

• Haha
Reactions: Shaktimaan

Ukraine is doing better in the field, but it's still not good enough.

But that's not their intention though. Bit off more than they could chew.

US competing with Russia,
usmarkets.JPG