Ukraine - Russia Conflict

According to my calculations you need about 150 vehicles for the artillery units (50 kg per ammunition without distinguishing the caliber + 20 kg kit + combat ration + point weapon ammunition + mail + water) on two turns

About 50 vehicles / days to manage the consumable of the infantry units (combat ration + ammunition point weapon + mail + water)

The mechanized units must also receive a full tank of 300 liters / day by tanker trucks which we will say that they are 15000 liters to facilitate the calculations or 50 vehicles per day. We will say one tanker per day per battalion. That is 50 tanks for 50 battalions.

Then there is the transport of special equipment such as the shelters that we saw on some videos.

In all your noria must include no more than 400 vehicles that shuttle every day between the breaking points and the units on the front.

To manage this volume you need about ten dispatchers (20 at the most) so that they have time to take pastis and also to sleep, each one having at his disposal about ten "incoming" breakpoints, two or three of which are active only for loading. Most of the breaking points are if possible close to the railways. No need to unload in stations. Unloading trains in the countryside is feasible if there are enough forklift operators and the loading sill of the vehicles can be brought to the height of the trains. More work for the military engineers. The delivery is made directly to the unit commander who then manages it himself.

Specialized software is appreciated, but a simple spreadsheet like Excel is a very common tool in the operations. The most important tool is the radio: position and state of the roads report, delivery report, communication of the instructions and especially the obligation to check in every half hour to send a replacement load if necessary or to divert a colleague.

As instructions always load more than necessary to be able to replace a tour that would have been cancelled on the neighboring vehicle.

For security reasons the transport is done at night to blind the drones without thermal camera. One of the questions of the dispatcher is to make sure that the way are usable and that the units will be able to ensure the reception of the parcels in a short constrained time.

Another possibility is the insertion of unmarked vehicles in the civilian traffic. Under these conditions, departure at 5 am and work until noon. This means that there is only one round for the gunners, which means twice as many vehicles for the gunners.

In short, the engineers have to clear / repair the tracks as a priority task.

In these conditions 150 km with a commercial speed of 40 km / hour (which takes into account the time of loading and unloading) we can make two rounds per night (450 km) and return quietly for the last 150 km. Change of driver at each lap.

The commercial speed can be significantly improved if the load breaks are properly organized.

No need of big warehouses. Quite easy to reorganize.

Reactions: randomradio

Translation

Due to improved work of Ukrainian artillerymen, insurgents move their troops away from the line of contact - General Staff

The Ukrainian Defence Forces unit continues to conduct operations in designated areas. In order to identify the enemy and inflict maximum losses, the Defence Forces continue to actively use multiple rocket launchers and long-range artillery received from international partners.

Apart from multiple launch rocket systems the Armed Forces actively use 155mm Smart rounds, which have hit over 30 armoured enemy objects. Our troops are confident of destroying enemy command posts and disrupting their logistical lanes," Oleksiy Gromov said.

According to the General Staff, due to the intensive work of the AFU, the enemy is forced to relocate its ammunition depots and palladium:

"The possibility of placing brigade-level enemy depots at a distance of 100 kilometres from the front line is now being considered. And corps-level formations - 150 kilometres from the front line".

Oleksiy Gromov said that the Russians are likely to move their warehouses to civilian infrastructure facilities.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Haha
Reactions: Shaktimaan and BMD
Apart from multiple launch rocket systems the Armed Forces actively use 155mm Smart rounds, which have hit over 30 armoured enemy objects.
Wonder if they'll get BONUS 155 rounds too. They have a slightly better range than SMArt 155 apparently.

"The possibility of placing brigade-level enemy depots at a distance of 100 kilometres from the front line is now being considered. And corps-level formations - 150 kilometres from the front line".
Then Ukraine will get ATACMS and later GMLRS-ER and Russia's problems will begin anew.

I wonder if this will be redline..? Nah! They will bark loud about nukes as ATACMS are landing on their high ranking officers hundreds of kms from the frontline.
You can't draw nuclear redlines when you're invading a country. That's just not the way the nuclear deterrent works. It's a last resort when you or an ally are being invaded, not a tool for conquest. I mean seriously, what would they call it, 'special nuclear operation?'

You can't draw nuclear redlines when you're invading a country. That's just not the way the nuclear deterrent works. It's a last resort when you or an ally are being invaded, not a tool for conquest. I mean seriously, what would they call it, 'special nuclear operation?'
If I was a Russian general I'd say F-Putin I'm dealing with this crap on my own. I'd start targeting every road where I think these weapons are coming in meters from Polish border and if any missile hits just across the border so be it. If anything I'd start calling out NATO's bluff to see how they'd respond. I'd start trying to shoot down ISR aircraft over the Black Sea (If I can or have the capability). As a Russian General I'd think to myself this war isn't going well and we're losing so much men and equipment which is going to get much worse as Ukraine gets better weapons might as well take a chance.

It's better to lose or take a beating by NATO in Ukraine than to bleed out slowly by Ukraine. At least with NATO directly involved I can now mobilize Russian nation and put fear in NATO and population that this war is getting out of control and WW3 is on the brink.

If I was a Russian general I'd say F-Putin I'm dealing with this crap on my own. I'd start targeting every road where I think these weapons are coming in meters from Polish border and if any missile hits just across the border so be it. If anything I'd start calling out NATO's bluff to see how they'd respond. I'd start trying to shoot down ISR aircraft over the Black Sea (If I can or have the capability). As a Russian General I'd think to myself this war isn't going well and we're losing so much men and equipment which is going to get much worse as Ukraine gets better weapons might as well take a chance.

It's better to lose or take a beating by NATO in Ukraine than to bleed out slowly by Ukraine. At least with NATO directly involved I can now mobilize Russian nation and put fear in NATO and population that this war is getting out of control and WW3 is on the brink.
Putin's posture is to ward off NATO with a nuclear threat, however if he attacks NATO by say shooting down an aircraft in international airspace over the Black Sea, then he destroys his own threat by making what he is trying to ward off an inevitability. Deterrence only works in defence not in attack.

They don't know how mass mobilisation will go. People in Russia know the casualty rates are higher than they're being told, but even what they're being told is very high, and if NATO was involved, they'd be a lot higher. So many Russians aren't keen on getting involved.

Any one who doesnt agree with you is either enemy or fallen to propaganda. who ever buys from russia is supporting them but that does not apply to eu countries themselves.

today hypocrisy GIF
1657910204646.png