United States Military Aviation

1674157520750.png

It utilises gallium nitride (GaN) power, digital beamforming and steering, digital receiver/exciter, a processor called Chirp, which has been developed by the Raytheon Missiles & Defense business, and an air-cooled design, he said.

F-15EX wing pylons rated for 7,000lbs.

Reactions: SammyBoi
USA threaten yesterday in its territory by a chinese balloon :
This balloon has the NORAD defense in a tizzy.

I wonder how high it was flying. The only indication is that it was in the stratosphere. Because NORAD may not be able to intercept such a high-altitude incursion.

They need lasers urgently. Because the threat is clear. Alaska has been flown over and Canada and Montana and I haven't heard of any defence at these altitudes.

In any case, it's a real wake-up call. The Chinese are telling the Americans that they won't be safe at home.

Are the USA ready ?
They have had missiles.
Yes, but these were demonstrators. Are they ready for use? How many in stock? Doctrine of use? Trained units?

Launching Stratospheric balloons even with a decoy charge is going to be a problem for NORAD for a while. I'm thinking in particular of all the military bases in Alaska. The US will eventually have the defense it needs I have no doubt.

For me it's going to be necessary to put identical means in the stratosphere but defensive and ohh surprise that's what we just talked about for France.

It's a game changer for the US because now they're going to feel threatened on their own territory and that's a real strategic change.

• Informative
Reactions: Amarante
USA threaten yesterday in its territory by a chinese balloon :
This balloon has the NORAD defense in a tizzy.

I wonder how high it was flying. The only indication is that it was in the stratosphere. Because NORAD may not be able to intercept such a high-altitude incursion.

They need lasers urgently. Because the threat is clear. Alaska has been flown over and Canada and Montana and I haven't heard of any defence at these altitudes.

In any case, it's a real wake-up call. The Chinese are telling the Americans that they won't be safe at home.

Are the USA ready ?
They have had missiles.
Yes, but these were demonstrators. Are they ready for use? How many in stock? Doctrine of use? Trained units?

Launching Stratospheric balloons even with a decoy charge is going to be a problem for NORAD for a while. I'm thinking in particular of all the military bases in Alaska. The US will eventually have the defense it needs I have no doubt.

For me it's going to be necessary to put identical means in the stratosphere but defensive and ohh surprise that's what we just talked about for France.

It's a game changer for the US because now they're going to feel threatened on their own territory and that's a real strategic change.
China has been launching such balloons over LAC and Indian bases since few years. Now it's getting reported from all over the world.

• Agree
Reactions: Herciv

Last edited: