Ghatak and Rustom Indigenous UAV Programs

@Hellfire meant secured data link. Given the track record of ADE it's entirely plausible.

The only source of performance info of DRDO labs were given by CAG. Now, those reports are itself is restricted.

When government block legitimate source of information. Half boiled information looks plausible and enticing.
I am not sure but even the B-Net SDR that is coming online all our fighter jets has software developed by DRDO and is considered pretty secure. So, I don't see why we can't make "secured" data-links for our UAVs/UCAVs??!!

Plus, what I wrote is perfect fall-back option in case the enemy cracks/hacks our secure connections. An AI based auto-pilot that knows 'what to do' in emergency situations would be perfect for such scenario, IMO.

Final nail in the coffin.
images (68).jpeg

Screwdrivegiri of heron mk2 goes BRRRRRRR.
If it was indeed under user trials then I am sure crash was deliberate.

expect no accountability.......they will move to other project claiming they learnt a lot from this one & cycle will continue. Meanwhile Indian military will order 3 Drones for 10 Billion $ from murica & claim victory over cheena.

Really?what made you to think like that? Do not question the men in uniform on this by siting behind a keyboard/mobile made in chine or some foreign country.

Second crash in 4 years,I fear this fellow is in race with Nishant over crash rate.
look at the brighter side it demonstrated it can take off, now DRDO can call it a kamikaze drone and continue the project for another 5 years.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: RASALGHUL and Hydra
look at the brighter side it demonstrated it can take off, now DRDO can call it a kamikaze drone and continue the project for another 5 years.
It's a tight slap on face on those who questions testing /field trials of new products.

Ok fanboy :ROFLMAO:

This is like a college project in US.
Every new development starts like a college project...

Tell me how many countries have achieved this feat. A complete software coding for Fly by wire system & control Laws for a flying wings design...
Only US, France, Russia and China has achieved this till now..
Do you still think it's a college project...?

This will lead to upscaling and there's already a buzz of IAF being interested in this drone itself which can be used as wingman (a la nEURON) for fighters.

Apart from this there's a buzz about Ghatak flying wings ucav using dry Ge414 or dry snecma m88..

And finally (even though it may take a decade or so) it paves the way for 6th gen fighters like NGAD & B21 which too are a flying wings design without vertical stabilizers...