GTRE Kaveri Engine

1551887445432.png

Dear sirs I request you to read post numbers 326 and 327 on this thread. Maybe that's what's going on.

The answer lies somewhere between Saurav Jha's tweet in 326/327 and Vijainder Thakur's tweet in 337.

AMCA will see the development of a new engine. LCA/MCA/AMCA will never get Kaveri. Kaveri itself will see various changes, including seeing active service in a different form through IUSAV.

• Agree
Reactions: Gautam
The answer lies somewhere between Saurav Jha's tweet in 326/327 and Vijainder Thakur's tweet in 337.

AMCA will see the development of a new engine. LCA/MCA/AMCA will never get Kaveri. Kaveri itself will see various changes, including seeing active service in a different form through IUSAV.
AMCA TD is supposed to be powered by GE
F 414 series engine. The same as LCA Mk2 / MCA which Adm Prakash opines will be a bit underpowered for MCA to begin with, what to say of the AMCA. Besides , I believe the Project Director AMCA clearly stated to Shiv Aroor in a tweet posted here on the AMCA thread that they aren't looking at a new turbofan to power AMCA but a proven engine. You're stating something else.

Besides , I thought the next iterations of the Kaveri viz K10, K11, etc would be used in the MLU upgrades of the Mk1 to begin with.

F 414 series engine. The same as LCA Mk2 / MCA which Adm Prakash opines will be a bit underpowered for MCA to begin with, what to say of the AMCA. Besides , I believe the Project Director AMCA clearly stated to Shiv Aroor in a tweet posted here on the AMCA thread that they aren't looking at a new turbofan to power AMCA but a proven engine. You're stating something else.

Besides , I thought the next iterations of the Kaveri viz K10, K11, etc would be used in the MLU upgrades of the Mk1 to begin with.
GE414 is good enough to validate 95% of the flight envelope of AMCA development. At this moment there is no urgency to find a 110kn+ engine. For supercruise better thrust is needed.

GE414EPE, improved K11 or entirely new engine development all are a possibility.

• Informative
Reactions: _Anonymous_
Let them take flight: on Tejas and Kaveri projects

Acc to Adm Arun Prakash, DRDO has shut down the Kaveri project again. Any confirmation on it?

@randomradio ; @vstol Jockey ; @Ashwin

And anyone else with info
Officially Kaveri engine program is dead. But Kaveri with French snecma heart (hot section) is working somewhere only disappointing thing is we are not allowed to work alongside and all IPR for hot section will be with snecma. This is violation since we were seeking co working to gain knowledge and IPR for Rafale offsets.

• Informative
Officially Kaveri engine program is dead. But Kaveri with French snecma heart (hot section) is working somewhere only disappointing thing is we are not allowed to work alongside and all IPR for hot section will be with snecma. This is violation since we were seeking co working to gain knowledge and IPR for Rafale offsets.
@randomradio

?

An engine that can power the AMCA doesn't exist. There's only the F414 EPE and EJ2x0 in the works now. Both are quite sometime away from being fully developed. The Russians were also planning to develop a similar class of engine, but even they will likely stop in exchange for using the Type 30 on their new single engined jet, like the F-35.

Proven yes, it won't be a clean sheet design. But it won't be what we already have flying around either.

K10, K11, K12 etc will be our biggest bet, but nobody really knows what's happening here. We will have to wait until September to find out. Personally, developing an engine through the French is the best bet.

so basically whatever we have developed is of no use and still we have not aborted our dream to develop a fighter jet engine so we will be starting from scratch, 15 years from now some engine will be there again to talk about.