IAF Chronicles - A side view of whats going on behind the closed doors in New Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of interesting stuff in it.

Only Litening pod, no RecceLite. Which means we are going for the AREOS instead, which is a good decision.

The addition of Spice 1000, Spice 250, AAW and HSLD will give the jet capabilities that did not exist on the original Rafale. The addition of the ALARM removes a major weakness also. And with the addition of Meteor and SCALP, all these weapons gives the IAF options that did not exist before.

The addition of low, medium and high band jammers gives it unmatched capabilities in the 5th gen world.

I hope the Targo 2 is a very light HMDS. If it's too heavy, it will cause unacceptable strain on pilots when they pull up to 11G.

Access to NAVIC was an obvious one there.

For me this news was obviously a pleasing one

The Modifications we are asking are quiet demanding especially on Spectra and RBE 2 AESA

Anyway But the real joy was the Pakistanis stunning silence , no replies at all 🤣

The usual Mofos like Oscar and that Windy
Were too stunned to see the Technology in our Rafales

They Must be drowning in their sorrows somewhere 😅

Last edited:
@randomradio @Picdelamirand-oil

@Bon Plan

People talk about Rafale's avionics

One thing that people don't talk about is the strength of the Rafale airframe

Rafale is the Only plane which carries Maximum weapons pay load in proportion to it's own empty weight (10.3 tonnes : 9 tonnes )

The internal fuel is an extra 4.5 tonnes

How did the French achieve it

Either they are very smart or very lucky 😍

Last edited:

@Bon Plan

Rafale is the Only plane which carries Maximum weapons pay load in proportion to it's own empty weight (10.3 tonnes : 9 tonnes )

It's 9.5T empty and 9.5T payload actually. And 4.7T fuel.

Plus the airframe has been strengthened to handle 16G.

It's 9.5T empty and 9.5T payload actually. And 4.7T fuel.

Plus the airframe has been strengthened to handle 16G.

16 G is not allowed, even for 11 G it is necessary to exceed a limit which is in the FCS with an authorization given by the pilot.
What is interesting is that the air version is the same as the marine version and that it is thus reinforced because of the landings on Carrier deck. It is thus very probable that like the Indian Mirage 2000 we will be able to authorize their use beyond the contractual 7500 H. This contractual limit is only due to the very long tests that must be carried out to allow a longer service life from the outset.

@Bon Plan

Rafale was, from the beginning, studied for air AND marine use. So it had to be very solid, and very agile.
Solid : don't forget that Catia was studied for Dassault. Dassault has the deeper skill in Catia, and maybe some very special ad on on Catia...
Agile : The main weakness of a Delta was it's high langing speed. Mirage 2000 was a first nice answer, with FBW and moving leading edge. Rafale was a better answer, with closed coupled canards.

Nothing lucky here. Just 70 years of skill and improvements.

Do you see an average Dassault plane since Mirage 3 ? No. They are masters.

Reactions: GuardianRED
I want proof of life from Aashish/PARIKRAMA or I will mobilize means to come and save him!

Need to mobilize a CBG to save him.

composition-du-gan-161115-01.jpg

By the way - he's coming back very soon! :cool:

Reactions: GuardianRED
IAF MMRCA RFP will be out immediately after elections.

If it isn't BJP , won't Congress stall or alter it..

Rahul s current talk topic seems be Anil Ambani Rafale deal.
Will he allow without any alteration ?

Hopefully BJP gets another term., or some other better team.

If it isn't BJP , won't Congress stall or alter it..

Rahul s current talk topic seems be Anil Ambani Rafale deal.
Will he allow without any alteration ?

Hopefully BJP gets another term., or some other better team.

Yes, Congress can easily stall the tender. That's why it is being released after the elections, so that if BJP loses, another party can take the call.

BJP has to get another term, there is no other better party.

Reactions: Sathya
Yes, Congress can easily stall the tender. That's why it is being released after the elections, so that if BJP loses, another party can take the call.

BJP has to get another term, there is no other better party.

If Rahul gets to order the second " 36 " , I am sure he will brag , he bought Rafale at Half the price..

Honestly I hope IAF buys 2 more bases and more customization for the next batch also.
On a basis of a 2nd batch of 36, just another base is enough, and give some confort.
More customization? IAF will received state of the art Rafale. Maybe a light guided weapon (Brimstone? Laser guided rocket? ) and, if the ALARM option is not true (I think so), a anti radar missile (a derivative of Meteor?).

On a basis of a 2nd batch of 36, just another base is enough, and give some confort.
More customization? IAF will received state of the art Rafale. Maybe a light guided weapon (Brimstone? Laser guided rocket? ) and, if the ALARM option is not true (I think so), a anti radar missile (a derivative of Meteor?).

A lot of new Indian weapons, Astra, Brahmos, Nirbhay, Rudra, air launched anti-tank, Garuthmaa, Garudaa etc. The integration will cost a lot.

Reactions: suryakiran
Status
Not open for further replies.