IAF Chronicles - A side view of whats going on behind the closed doors in New Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because HAL is incompetent

HAL has Infinitely more experience than Reliance in Manufacturing planes

My advice would be to make it a Tri partite deal like Boeing announced the other day

HAL ; DA and Reliance ; Mangement Control with DA ; Work force from HAL

or else you will have to wait for one full year to get a MII deal

And if the Govt changes in 2019 ; the new Govt can impose these conditions

Indian Public opinion is quite sensitive to the allegation of Crony capitalism

DRAL in its present form will not get a Deal before the Elections

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ashwin and Bali78
@Aashish, please recall my very old post on the other forum, I had posted a part of my communication with Parrikar in which I had suggested a way to overcome shortage of squadrons in IAF. I had suggested reopening of Jaguar assembly line or acquiring some old ones to form two additional squadrons, order three more sqns of Rafale, acquire three sqns of second hand M2Ks and order three more sqns of Mig-29s.
When Parrikar left, he had handed over a folder with all my emails and some more emails from other persons which he considered had good suggestions to present RM. As we have seen, some of my suggestions like using second hand aircraft for MRTT etc have already been accepted. This game of acquiring stored Jags from France and more Migs is part of my suggestions.

My advice would be to make it a Tri partite deal like Boeing announced the other day

DRAL in its present form will not a Deal before the Elections
Hal refuse to learn

My dear Sir , in the next 2 decades you DA & the whole of France will learn why Reliance enjoys the kind of reputation it does in India . If DA thinks they control the narrative here , you're in for a big big nasty surprise .

Infact this is a problem for IAF

Suppose DA and Reliance have a Spat ; it will be IAF that suffers

Getting HAL as the Third partner is a Good option

HAL employees can be transferred to this New JV

DRAL will get all its experienced employees from HAL

DRAL in its present form will not get a Deal before the Elections
Reliance has no bad habits.
HAL is too closed on itself.

My dear Sir , in the next 2 decades you DA & the whole of France will learn why Reliance enjoys the kind of reputation it does in India . If DA thinks they control the narrative here , you're in for a big big nasty surprise .

Think it this way.

Dassault is no small thing, they do think out everything.

And after thinking it out, they chose Reliance over HAL.

Tells you a lot about HAL.

Infact this is a problem for IAF

Suppose DA and Reliance have a Spat ; it will be IAF that suffers

Getting HAL as the Third partner is a Good option

HAL employees can be transferred to this New JV

DRAL will get all its experienced employees from HAL

I can't speak in depth about @_Anonymous_ 's comment since I don't live there, but there is no doubt that HAL is supremely incompetent. As such, taking Reliance's lack of experience into consideration, I would have personally given the deal to Tata.

I can't speak in depth about @_Anonymous_ 's comment since I don't live there, but there is no doubt that HAL is supremely incompetent. As such, taking Reliance's lack of experience into consideration, I would have personally given the deal to Tata.
It's not about Reliance, rather it's about Anil Ambani. Mukesh Ambani has the capability to enter into any new domain and successfully execute the projects.
Any day Tata is the best option. I guess Dasssult didn't pick them due to their existing association with Americans.

Reactions: RATHORE
added goodies of Mig-XXXX

So are we going for new/used MiG 29's/35's from Russia? If so, how many, and when can we expect them to arrive? Also, what kind of specs are we looking at (radar/weaponry for example)?

Last edited:
It's not about Reliance, rather it's about Anil Ambani. Mukesh Ambani has the capability to enter into any new domain and successfully execute the projects.
Any day Tata is the best option. I guess Dasssult didn't pick them due to their existing association with Americans.

Ah yes, makes sense. I understand much better now what you guys meant. That's for sure, Anil is no Mukesh. And yea, I'd say it's a very big missed opportunity; Dassault-Tata would have been the best solution for all involved.

Reactions: Bali78
@Aashish, please recall my very old post on the other forum, I had posted a part of my communication with Parrikar in which I had suggested a way to overcome shortage of squadrons in IAF. I had suggested reopening of Jaguar assembly line or acquiring some old ones to form two additional squadrons, order three more sqns of Rafale, acquire three sqns of second hand M2Ks and order three more sqns of Mig-29s.
When Parrikar left, he had handed over a folder with all my emails and some more emails from other persons which he considered had good suggestions to present RM. As we have seen, some of my suggestions like using second hand aircraft for MRTT etc have already been accepted. This game of acquiring stored Jags from France and more Migs is part of my suggestions.

So far it looks like the point on MiG's has been accepted, but I'm curious about some details. Are these going to be MiG 29's/35's for the Air Force, or 29K's for the Navy? Will they be new or secondhand? What sort of delivery schedule can we expect and what sort of specs will they feature (radar, weaponry etc)?

So far it looks like the point on MiG's has been accepted, but I'm curious about some details. Are these going to be MiG 29's/35's for the Air Force, or 29K's for the Navy? Will they be new or secondhand? What sort of delivery schedule can we expect and what sort of specs will they feature (radar, weaponry etc)?

We can use More Mig 29s for replacing Both Mig 21 and Mig 27

Mig 29 UPgraded is a multi role combat aircraft ; it can also carry Air to Ground Munitions

Think it this way.

Dassault is no small thing, they do think out everything.

And after thinking it out, they chose Reliance over HAL.

Tells you a lot about HAL.
Between an ex Jew's business acumen and that of a Modh baniya , I'd always vouch for the latter . And I know what I'm talking about .This has nothing to do with HAL .

I'm betting in 2 decades , DA would be wishing they chose HAL.

In a way , it's also a blessing for HAL. Let them chart an independent course and develop on their own.

I told you long back that Mig-29/35 remains a strong contender in some form or the other. Do not write off F-18SH yet. Most likely we will end up giving a laddoo each to French, Russians and Americans to ensure that Americans do not put us under sanctions for acquiring weapons from Russia, and Russia does not mind us buying more Rafale and F-18SH.

The Russians made an offer to sell 21 old used Mig-29s to India.

Don't worry. Dassault will call the shots, not Anil.

Status
Not open for further replies.