IAF Chronicles - A side view of whats going on behind the closed doors in New Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am talking of new ones and not second hand Mig-29s.

I expect the Mig-35 to lose to the Rafale. It won't get shortlisted due to the shorter life of the airframe and engine. And it will obviously lose out on maturity. The Mig-35 is more competitive with a Mirage-2000 if we remove the AESA radar from the equation.

You should check out track record of Reliance. So far they have screwed up each and every project they are involved in. There is a reason why everyone over here is apprehensive about DRAL.
I spoke about aerospace products.
They have all to learn, from a good teacher called Dassault, so no ego war as with HAL.
It's a win win solution : it's good for Reliance and good for Dassault.

I expect the Mig-35 to lose to the Rafale. It won't get shortlisted due to the shorter life of the airframe and engine. And it will obviously lose out on maturity. The Mig-35 is more competitive with a Mirage-2000 if we remove the AESA radar from the equation.
IAF needs platform to expand and more platforms for replacing the old airframes. Mig-29 and LCA fall in the category which will be replacing old airframes while Rafale will be for expanding to 42 sqns.

The Current IAF exercises have Proved the Importance of Numbers in India's context

If we have to defeat pakistan in minimum time ; we need overwhelming and Brute Force

We should simply double the production of Su 30s

IAF needs platform to expand and more platforms for replacing the old airframes. Mig-29 and LCA fall in the category which will be replacing old airframes while Rafale will be for expanding to 42 sqns.

I don't really know why we need the Mig-35.

We are going for 123 LCA Mk1/Mk1A and then 201 Mk2. Along with 36+36+110 Rafales. That's 506 aircraft in total, not counting the options. They are also talking about 21 used Mig-29s, which can arrest immediate squadron shortfall along with the 36 Rafales that will start coming in from next year.

If all the above happens, then we will add 9 new squadrons by 2025. 4 Rafale, 1 Mig-29 and at least 4 LCA. For good measure, if it's really necessary, the IAF can quickly go for 20-40 new MKIs also.

Mig-35s will only add a new unnecessary type.

I don't really know why we need the Mig-35.

We are going for 123 LCA Mk1/Mk1A and then 201 Mk2. Along with 36+36+110 Rafales. That's 506 aircraft in total, not counting the options. They are also talking about 21 used Mig-29s, which can arrest immediate squadron shortfall along with the 36 Rafales that will start coming in from next year.

If all the above happens, then we will add 9 new squadrons by 2025. 4 Rafale, 1 Mig-29 and at least 4 LCA. For good measure, if it's really necessary, the IAF can quickly go for 20-40 new MKIs also.

Mig-35s will only add a new unnecessary type.
IAF needs a total 25 new sqns by 2027-30 time frame to be able to rise to 42 sqns and also replace all MIG-21s/27s and Jaguars. That means a total of 24x25=600 new aircraft.

Reactions: zebra7
I spoke about aerospace products.
They have all to learn, from a good teacher called Dassault, so no ego war as with HAL.
It's a win win solution : it's good for Reliance and good for Dassault.
I wish things were as simple as you believe it to be. But as an Indian, I hope you are right and at least this time Anil Ambani does not screw up!!

Between an ex Jew's business acumen and that of a Modh baniya , I'd always vouch for the latter . And I know what I'm talking about .This has nothing to do with HAL .

I'm betting in 2 decades , DA would be wishing they chose HAL.

In a way , it's also a blessing for HAL. Let them chart an independent course and develop on their own.
2 decades ?? You are beating @randomradio in optimism ;).

I wish things were as simple as you believe it to be. But as an Indian, I hope you are right and at least this time Anil Ambani does not screw up!!

No hope.

He's messed up every single thing he's touched. He's on par with the Ruias.

IAF needs a total 25 new sqns by 2027-30 time frame to be able to rise to 42 sqns and also replace all MIG-21s/27s and Jaguars. That means a total of 24x25=600 new aircraft.

From what I know, by 2022 or 2023, HAL will expand their LCA line to 27 per year.

This tender is Rafale's to win. So, apart from the 4 squadrons, we can expect a few squadrons from the tender inducted by 2030. They can easily produce 20 per year, if not more.

And I personally still believe in the PAK FA/FGFA. A much better option than the Mig-35.

From what I know, by 2022 or 2023, HAL will expand their LCA line to 27 per year.

This tender is Rafale's to win. So, apart from the 4 squadrons, we can expect a few squadrons from the tender inducted by 2030. They can easily produce 20 per year, if not more.

And I personally still believe in the PAK FA/FGFA. A much better option than the Mig-35.

If some how J 20 is able to match Rafale ; then IAF will loose its Qualitative edge over China

The statements from IAF chief that J 20 can be tackled by Rafale are really surprising

2 decades ?? You are beating @randomradio in optimism ;).
What I'm trying to convey is in 2 decades , if he plays his cards right he'd not need DA. As far as his track record goes , there's always mota Bhai to bail him out a la RCom , if Plan A doesn't work out .

It's a golden opportunity for him and his kind aren't known to be under anyone's thumb for long .That's the way they are . HAL would have made a much more meeker and pliant partner .

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78
P.S. Nobody can replace @randomradio as far as eternal optimism goes and shifting narratives ever so subtly to accommodate reality .If you don't believe me , ask Sancho on Other Forum.
I Know that. I have been reading posts in both forums since last 3 years ;). But I really like his optimism, though I don't agree with most of his predictions :D.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
P.S. Nobody can replace @randomradio as far as eternal optimism goes and shifting narratives ever so subtly to accommodate reality .If you don't believe me , ask Sancho on Other Forum.

I Know that. I have been reading posts in both forums since last 3 years ;). But I really like his optimism, though I don't agree with most of his predictions :D.

My opinions haven't changed for stuff that hasn't happened yet. But I do change my opinion based on what the forces do, since I don't make the decisions there.

If some how J 20 is able to match Rafale ; then IAF will loose its Qualitative edge over China

The statements from IAF chief that J 20 can be tackled by Rafale are really surprising

It's not surprising. We have been discussing it for years now. The Rafale is equivalent to the F-35.

Status
Not open for further replies.