IAF Chronicles - A side view of whats going on behind the closed doors in New Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you long back that Mig-29/35 remains a strong contender in some form or the other. Do not write off F-18SH yet. Most likely we will end up giving a laddoo each to French, Russians and Americans to ensure that Americans do not put us under sanctions for acquiring weapons from Russia, and Russia does not mind us buying more Rafale and F-18SH.
wont that laddoo for russia would be Amur 1650 variant along with S400 and for USA 57 F18 ? As far as France is considered Laddoo is already made.

When I spoke to GTRE guy during defexpo he assured that flutter issue was resolved without France help and there is not other blade related issue, however i did not understand his comment when he said that only area where France is helping is regarding certification. Anyone here please enlighten me what does it mean?

When I spoke to GTRE guy during defexpo he assured that flutter issue was resolved without France help and there is not other blade related issue, however i did not understand his comment when he said that only area where France is helping is regarding certification. Anyone here please enlighten me what does it mean?

We have to put it on an aircraft and test it. That's where the French will come in, since we haven't done it before and they have done it many times.

Western Aero Engines usually are certified by FAA and EASA, That makes them credible for use by Western Aerospace manufacturers. France will help India in getting EASA certification. (Help in establishing manufacturing and process standards and meet safety regulations)

Sir what is this Mig XXXX that you wrote

Is it FGFA or Mig 35

And will this MII deal be announced Before or After elections

Will Dassault Reliance JV give ammunition to Opposition that a PSU was Neglected for a Private Player

Why not Put HAL also in DRAL to avoid a controversy

Added goodies oF Mig xxx ..

Mig xxx itself a goodie or subsystems / weapons?

At the end they (GTRE) will say "we have made airworthy the engine all alone" ! :p

Reality is that the project stalled since years... and suddenly, it moves away !

Sure a complete coincidence with the beginning of the intervention of Safran... :ROFLMAO:

Shukla is wrong. We are not acquiring F-35 rather we are now formally declaring what i have always said.

Rafale F4.2 (& beyond) is superior to PAKFA Stage 1 and Stage 2 both.
Its not just specs that are in public domain but rather the warfare of tomorrow where mission performance in IAF studies internally showed F4.2 is superior. On top what India will also have is fully control and access to crown jewels of Dassault team. These jewels are more or less only seen to be fully operational in F-35 and Rafale by 2025. Moreover Drones will be of again western origin (we getting both armed and unarmed versions soon) which is compatible to Western planes only.

F-35 standalone will only come post we attain the status of a partner adhering all norms and agreements which will take some time. Till then LM will continue searching for some other MII project. Like its attempt for F-16 MII and push F-35 together with it at a later stage.

Lastly there is a bigger agenda behind all this, you dont ask India and arm twist them with deals always linking one with another. You dont come up and indirectly make a neighboring country access a probable of Su35 and S-300/350 and even lower end S400 system. A lot is going to change in next 3 years for that country and Russia did nt refuse them and rather were happy to look into it owing to loss of new order scenario from India.

So counter system has moved from just EW to now more aggressive passive and active cancellation tech with GaN and many more newer methods of electronic stealth (beyond just shaping as old studies perceived) and materials used over the whole body.

India is not looking to operate a lot of heavy fighters over time. Our concentration will change to reliance on Light and medium category more and this will get reflected in our procurement plans. So it was a foregone conclusion that we wont get into PAKFA and FGFA program and have said this here many many times.

Good that they have finally made a decision.

Now we can see unhindered progress on making up for our squadron shortfall and we can buy 50+ or 80+ of the Russian version at a later date to replace the Mig-29s at the very least.

Reactions: Aashish
Shukla is wrong. We are not acquiring F-35 rather we are now formally declaring what i have always said.

Rafale F4.2 (& beyond) is superior to PAKFA Stage 1 and Stage 2 both.
Its not just specs that are in public domain but rather the warfare of tomorrow where mission performance in IAF studies internally showed F4.2 is superior. On top what India will also have is fully control and access to crown jewels of Dassault team. These jewels are more or less only seen to be fully operational in F-35 and Rafale by 2025. Moreover Drones will be of again western origin (we getting both armed and unarmed versions soon) which is compatible to Western planes only.

F-35 standalone will only come post we attain the status of a partner adhering all norms and agreements which will take some time. Till then LM will continue searching for some other MII project. Like its attempt for F-16 MII and push F-35 together with it at a later stage.

Lastly there is a bigger agenda behind all this, you dont ask India and arm twist them with deals always linking one with another. You dont come up and indirectly make a neighboring country access a probable of Su35 and S-300/350 and even lower end S400 system. A lot is going to change in next 3 years for that country and Russia did nt refuse them and rather were happy to look into it owing to loss of new order scenario from India.

So counter system has moved from just EW to now more aggressive passive and active cancellation tech with GaN and many more newer methods of electronic stealth (beyond just shaping as old studies perceived) and materials used over the whole body.

India is not looking to operate a lot of heavy fighters over time. Our concentration will change to reliance on Light and medium category more and this will get reflected in our procurement plans. So it was a foregone conclusion that we wont get into PAKFA and FGFA program and have said this here many many times.

Yep. Shukla is Shukla. He is an F-35 fanboy. He doesn't know that the F-35 and FGFA requirements don't mix.

Reactions: Aashish

why are we going to` buy S400 then ? since its only missiles /// are part of POSTURING only ?

A lot is going to change in next 3 years for that country
Could you elaborate on this , assuming you're referring to Pakistan ? What are the chances of them acquiring those sophisticated systems given their dire financial status ? Or are the Russians going to sell them these just to snub us ? What will be the status of the black projects we're pursuing with Russia namely the design for the SSN's & the heavier class of SSBN''s ( INS AVINASH series ?) as well as the N reactors ? I don't think Indo Russian defence ties are so easy to break given our dependence on them for spares , critical technology like N Subs & reactors besides other wares like S-400/500 which may not have a replacement in the market and if there is one , we may not get it at our terms ( price & ToT with MII ) and given Russia's financial woes ?

Last edited:
Exclusive: Lockheed Martin to propose stealthy hybrid of F-22 and...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an interesting development ; India should also try to join this project

@Aashish @randomradio @vstol Jockey

We are getting out of the FGFA project because we can't afford it.

This new project looks far more expensive instead. And as long as the USAF themselves don't buy, it's not a good idea for us.

• Agree
Reactions: Aditya
Exclusive: Lockheed Martin to propose stealthy hybrid of F-22 and...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an interesting development ; India should also try to join this project

@Aashish @randomradio @vstol Jockey

For now, we should concentrate on getting the Rafale, Mk1A and limited numbers of the PakFa in place. Simultaneously, boost our maritime surveillance and airborne surveillance in place. Electronic warfare planes will be critical for an aggressive posture.

The AMCA can incorporate technologies in batches when they become available or are developed by the Indian companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.