Status
Not open for further replies.
This will mean a real two front war bcoz Pakistan will also mobilise on western border. In such a situation we will have to bring down the ratios and reduce the front to a single front. We will have to first take out Pakistan in shortest possible time and after that take on China with full might. Long back I had written here that in this triangle of India, China and Pakistan, you take out Pakistan and the relationship between India and China becomes linear. In such a situation, China will cease to be a threat for us forever.
Is there going to be fireworks on Shivratri?

😀
IMG_20190303_163032.jpg

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia

Overhyping as usual, this is where we lose our focus.

I am actually repulsed by us claiming some kind of victory if he has shot down a F-16. That was his job. Not to get shot down too, was his job.

Personal opinion, irrespective of whatever he did, I would have preferred he had not crossed LC as a Wing Commander. He is not a Flying Officer who did not know. Simple as that.

There is no point in speculating and trying to get an accurate read on what was the IAF's intention. Or the govt's. Whether the target was just 1 terrorist or 1000, there is no way to tell unless the IAF comes out and says it. But there should be no pressure to actually come out and say it.
So, you're fine with our policy on the response to Pakistan sponsored terrorism being nebulous to the point of being vague. That was the primary thrust of my post. The outcome of the strikes in terms of the casualties is a by product. It needs to be revealed. Perhaps later. With adequate irrefutable evidence .But if we let ourselves be convinced only by the fact that we've established a precedent with precious nothing to show in terms of results, I've nothing to say. There's always another time. And if we have lost thousands to Pak sponsored terrorism, what does a few score matter. After all we're a nation poor in pretty much everything except human resources. On that front we are and will remain pretty rich. Particularly in reasonably educated unemployed youth A few score dead also opens up plenty of employment opportunities. Let's take the positives from this.

Yes, they will hold the same position.

Of course, they will.

What's paying taxes got to do with the military revealing military secrets?
There's a larger principle involved. That of taking the nation into confidence. That of combatting enemy propaganda. I'm sorry but in this day and age - Believe me because I say so doesn't hold good.

Why should they reveal it? And only a few days after the strikes? Normally declassification takes decades.
I was referring to the National Security Doctrine with respect to terrorism and Pakistan specifically here. You conflated it with the Balakote strikes. As if both are state secrets & needs to be kept under lock & key.

The military decides. The govt can overrule. And the govt normally follows the military's recommendation.

The military decides based on the guidelines and framework prescribed by the GoI. The military doesn't have a veto power. The GoI does. I hope we're discussing India here.

Both Sino-India and Indo-Pak wars have strategic relevance even today. Revealing national secrets will only weaken us here. Borders have to change for these things to be declassified.

Borders were already changed. Hence these wars were waged. I don't think any archival documents pertaining to the Indo Pakistan conflict up to 1971 are pending declassification. 1999 is a different matter. The good ups by the IA & the GoI in the face of intelligence warning of a Kargil takeover is well known & has been extensively documented. Declassified documents would merely corroborate it and shed new light on some hidden aspects. I don't forsee any earth shattering revelation. It's another matter that our victory there effectively buried public interest in that story.

For the record most of the Henderson Brooks report has already been revealed courtesy Neville Maxwell Long ago .It's available online too.
The Himalayan Blunder by Brig Dalvi - a marvellous eye opening first person account echoing most of what the Henderson Brooks report highlighted is also readily available. In spite of being banned for a long time.I didn't see our strategic affairs & relevance compromised there. It's just that the GoI and our services are deliberately obtuse and prefer secrecy in the old school style - ill suited for the information age.They also have much to hide. Which is why we almost never have had joint parliamentary committees looking into our various military operations - successes or failures. When we do, we put in the safe deposit and throw away the key. Because the entire political establishment and the top brass of the military are complicit in it.

Yes. The govt is justified in keeping things under wrap when there is relevance in keeping it all buried.
Your interpretation. I disagree.

Ever wondered why the military has its own independent court?
Don't know & not interested. If your sole interest is to score brownie points, I hand the floor over to you.

Damned if you don't, damned if you do. ;)
Brownie points 2.

We are not a banana republic.
Brownie points 3.

People do not want solutions, they want results.
Brownie points 4.

Can you present even a single advantage that the military will get by telling you or me anything about the strikes at this time?

Brownie points 5.

Game set & match Randomradio 5-0.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: R!cK
Don't want to name names, they are good people, some here from long, post was more to get the message home, not to actually act against anyone as I think they are mature enough to understand.

This is not validation, this is acknowledgement, big difference between two, USAF is a force to reckon with and so are few western airforces, we are not at the top of ladder.

Dude, we are talking about twitter post about post in WhatsApp. This is not award from USA govt or any recognised org . It's just silly to even acknowledge a tweet about private WhatsApp message.

What if another member of same group posted praising Pak ? Should we be dhooti shivering ?

Status
Not open for further replies.