Indian Air Force : Updates & Discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter Tarun
  • Start date Start date
Western MIC have a general apathy for russi stuff and its more visible now.
Russi for their part, have protected their Su30sm lot, which is probably the only jet they have bought themselves in numbers, and upgrading those to SM2 standard, that shows the trust they place on these jets. Like su57, these also have made very rare & handful appearance in combat duty so far, and Rus have been doing air superiority missions daily for past few months.
Both Su-30 SM and Su-35S have performed exceedingly well. Don't judge them based on western propaganda.

It's the Su-34 that has disappointed most. Apparently, they are going to upgrade them soon. This war has also given Russia clear perspective about the future of air power.

IAF must also keep a close watch and adapt accordingly.

Reactions: marich01
Fka1X-gVUAEgopl

Reactions: Rajput Lion
While I consider IAF as the best air force of the world, history has taught us that you can't bring a knife in a gun-fight and expect to win.
IAF = Israeli Air Force ?? :p :p
And what plane we take to every International exercise....the so called "outdated" MKI. And yet the world is impressed.

Bravo IAF👏
How Do you Know that they are not being diplomatic and Buttering India?

Why don't we have excercises with Russia,Germany ??
@vstol Jockey @randomradio @Rajput Lion

We have exercises with Russia, it's nowhere near the scale and scope of the ones with the US because we don't plan on collaborating, but it's done regularly. The naval exercises are called Indra and air exercises are called Avia-Indra, happens every 2 years.

The Germans don't like us, but are coming around now because Russia woke them up.

IAF = Israeli Air Force ?? :p :p

How Do you Know that they are not being diplomatic and Buttering India?
Indian Air Force🇮🇳(even though the other IAF you mentioned is also awesome).

Because I've followed the quotes, leakes and comments of other Air Forces'(and IAF's) after they exercise with IAF. From Cope India 2004 to Indradhanush 2015 to Pitch Black 2022 and various Garuda exercises, IAF has absolutely impressed Western Nations.

I've no doubt that our fighter pilots from Air Force and Navy are the best in the world. And this just ain't blind nationalism. Period.
Why don't we have excercises with Russia,Germany ??
@vstol Jockey @randomradio @Rajput Lion
We exercise with Russians, i.e, exercise Indra. It is mostly army based exercise but sometimes both air force participate too.

Germany? Germany has been nothing but very anti and negative of India. There are reasons for it too, but I don't want to delve too much in it as it would be off-topic here.

@RASALGHUL

Have you heard of any air force pilot or plane surviving 5 AMRAAM shots? That is unheard of performance and capability display by both IAF and their trident Su-30MKI. That's what sets IAF apart from every other AF. Catch the drift brother, just do it...

Indian Air Force🇮🇳(even though the other IAF you mentioned is also awesome).
Yup! I have heard that Israeli AF is best AF in the World.
Because I've followed the quotes, leakes and comments of other Air Forces'(and IAF's) after they exercise with IAF. From Cope India 2004 to Indradhanush 2015 to Pitch Black 2022 and various Garuda exercises, IAF has absolutely impressed Western Nations.
Can you navigate me to those qoutes,leaks and Comments? I just want to Read them by myself.
I've no doubt that our fighter pilots from Air Force and Navy are the best in the world. And this just ain't blind nationalism. Period.
With all due Respect, I don't agree with your Assessment.
Germany? Germany has been nothing but very anti and negative of India. There are reasons for it too, but I don't want to delve too much in it as it would be off-topic here.
I don't mind. you can share here.

Can you navigate me to those qoutes,leaks and Comments? I just want to Read them by myself.
Read these articles to know about the inimitable skills of IAF:

Cope India 2004: https://www.rbth.com/blogs/2014/02/16/cope_india_how_the_iaf_rewrote_the_rules_of_air_combat_33111

Just few quotes by USAF veteran about IAF after this exercise:

"While the Pentagon brass tried to knock the IAF’s achievement, the USAF gave their Indian counterparts their due. Aviation Week & Space Technology’s David A. Fulghum quotes Colonel Mike Snodgrass, commander of the USAF’s 3rd Wing based at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska: “The outcome of the exercise boils down to (the fact that) they ran tactics that were more advanced than we expected...They could come up with a game plan, but if it wasn't working they would call an audible and change (tactics in flight)."

"About the capabilities of IAF pilots, USAF team leader Colonel Greg Newbech said: “What we’ve seen in the last two weeks is the IAF can stand toe-to-toe with the best air force in the world. I pity the pilot who has to face the IAF and chances the day to underestimate him; because he won’t be going home."

About Red Flag 2008:

About Indrashanush 2015 where IAF Su-30MKI destroyed the best Euro-Canard Typhoon 12:0 in dogfights:

These are some articles that will help develop your perspective about IAF; their training and tactics.
When Did that happen?
after balakot??
Swift Retort 2019. Avenger 1 dodged multiple AIM-120C5s. An unheard of ability. Read this account by veteran IAF Mirage-2000 pilot @sameer Joshi to gain understanding of the happenings:

If you don't believe that IAF is the best airforce after reading this then so be it. To each his own. Or best ask our own @vstol Jockey sir about whether our Sukhois dodged multiple AMRAAMs or not!

LOL! Why though? Do you think they are jealous of our Govt efficiency? :p 🤣

That's Good to Hear.

BTW Who do you think We should have exercises with ??
Brazil, Spain, Italy, South Africa, Canada??

They are pacifists. So we are bad guys.

The US, France, Australia, UK, Singapore and Japan. That's enough. The rest are just for diplomatic niceties.

Just few quotes by USAF veteran about IAF after this exercise:

"While the Pentagon brass tried to knock the IAF’s achievement, the USAF gave their Indian counterparts their due. Aviation Week & Space Technology’s David A. Fulghum quotes Colonel Mike Snodgrass, commander of the USAF’s 3rd Wing based at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska: “The outcome of the exercise boils down to (the fact that) they ran tactics that were more advanced than we expected...They could come up with a game plan, but if it wasn't working they would call an audible and change (tactics in flight)."

"About the capabilities of IAF pilots, USAF team leader Colonel Greg Newbech said: “What we’ve seen in the last two weeks is the IAF can stand toe-to-toe with the best air force in the world. I pity the pilot who has to face the IAF and chances the day to underestimate him; because he won’t be going home."

About Red Flag 2008:
Do you take these things seriously ? they will say the same thing for every country they exercise with. Both sides will sing songs about each other and move on, no one reveal the shortcomings or strength of each other.

Reactions: RASALGHUL