Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

Posted it in navy thread

so, it will be on the mig29?

F41mKkHbkAAuTly

• Agree
Reactions: Rajput Lion
As expected, TARA kits to be made available for all the PG-HSLD and general purpose bombs, 250kg to 500kg all 3 types. Desi precision kit.

I do not think 1ton category bombs need such precision , Gaurav is ok as glide bomb on its own. It can go and hit where they want it to via satcom.

• Haha
Reactions: Hydra
These shameless dalals will import weapons from countries like uae & poland but won't order indigenous systems.
to be fair we do lack indigenous options on air launched weapon systems right now. plus it is likely a BEL/BDL jv, in the short term the best way to learn is to do jv, to learn different techniques, mfg process, handling, testing, QA/QC, storage etc. Then gradually the industry mature enough to do it independently. Per my understanding it will take at least 15-20 years to fully mature on the tech they are working on.

See how the navy & shipbuilding industry do things now & the gradual progress they have made.

Rathi Aerospace uses collapsible mandrel tech for these per their old post, I wonder if they could be a big player in this already.

Screenshot (2).png

ASL made their own way back in 2012 possibly to use on SLBM or other use I do not know well, the patent page has a DRDO citation from 2015
Mandrel assembly and method of manufacturing solid rocket propellant grain using the same

the mfg tech is also mentioned in future DRDO propulsion task

Screenshot (3).png

I found this paper from 2015 , this must be a very important tech that may have matured enough by now.

Attachments