Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

Bharat Dynamics to make missiles, launchers for army

Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) Tuesday said it has signed a contract worth Rs 760 crore with the Indian army for production and supply of anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM) and Launchers.

The contract was signed by director (production) of BDL V Gurudatta Prasad in Delhi, a press release said.

The missiles and launchers would be manufactured under continued technical collaboration with Russia at the Bhanur unit of BDL here, the release added.

The missiles and launchers would be manufactured under continued technical collaboration with Russia at the Bhanur unit of BDL here, the release added.

BDL was testing new ATGM, i believe it was an upgraded version of Konkurs-M. It seems now the army has ordered it, the article doesn't have much info. I was also hoping for Tonbo Imaging's launchers for it.

• Agree
Reactions: Ashwin
India tests new anti-radiation missile to destroy enemy radars - Times of India

“The missile was tested from a Sukhoi-30MKI on January 18 at the integrated test range at Balasore. The missile, with all systems functioning properly, hit the designated target with a high degree of accuracy in the Bay of Bengal. The NGARM can be launched from Sukhois from different altitudes and velocities,” said a source.

Dy5AhOHWkAAn33U.jpg

Dy5AhOBXQAA8nGn.jpg

DzGOXY5WwAEL4aV.jpg

I did not see the NOTAM for this test and also the area demarcated which could have given a hint of its range.
BTW, MBDA can now use Meteor to shoot their a$r$se.

Warning issued had a range of only 60 km .

INDIA EAST COAST – OFF BALASORE (.) CHARTS IN 351(INT 7419) 3017 (.) EXPERIMENTAL FLIGHT TRIAL SCHEDULED FROM ITR ON 08, 09 FEB 19 FROM 0430 TO 0830 UTC IN DANGER ZONE BOUNDED BY 21-22.59N 086-56.31E, 21-21.98N 086-55.86E, 21-07.57N 086-50.51E, 20-50.1N 086-58.56E, 20-58.02N 087-21.91E, 21-27.9N 087-31.14E 2. CANCEL THIS MSG 090930 UTC FEB 19

Seems to be 60 to 80 km using booster and 60 to 80 km using astra missile after boosters separation so easily it may hit a target around 120 to 160 km,once the booster experiment is done I think we will be ready for the user trial.

In 2016, during ground tests, the DRDO had revealed that the SFDR-powered weapon would sport a range of 120 km at speeds of 2.3-2.5 Mach, though these specifications are understood to have been revised upward now. The DRDO and Russia have worked together on the development and testing of the nozzle-less booster, boron-based ramjet sustainer and fuel flow controller, in addition to the design of the the dual air intakes. The $70 million program aims to achieve demonstrable finality by summer 2020, by which time the Indian Air Force — as with the Astra — will guide an acceptance phase. Engineering design and wind tunnel testing on the new missile is still under way and is likely to see changes as the SFDR system progresses through testing

http://livefistdefence.com/2019/02/...e-a-step-closer-with-drdos-new-sfdr-test.html

Seems to be 60 to 80 km using booster and 60 to 80 km using astra missile after boosters separation so easily it may hit a target around 120 to 160 km,once the booster experiment is done I think we will be ready for the user trial.
This is a TD program to study ramjet propulsion. A new NG missile program based on it is in initial development stage. Actual missile is at least 5 years away.

Reactions: Sathya and TARGET
This missile always looks like a combination of astra missile with air inlet for the ram jet booster at the 2nd half but the fins are missing in missile sections as compared to Astra ... ,let’s see how soon we can complete this missile project .

The 120 kms range is for the ground launched version. The air launched version will surely out do Meteor in range. The ground launched version will go beyond LRSAM and at higher speeds.
Yes and thousand times better from that UK based company ,we will improve that product to integrate with our own radar.only concern time .

This missile always looks like a combination of astra missile with air inlet for the ram jet booster at the 2nd half but the fins are missing in missile sections as compared to Astra ... ,let’s see how soon we can complete this missile project .
My understanding was wrong the 2nd half was the ground booster and the 1st half was a new missile system with a nozzle less solid fueled ducted ramjet motor which performed as per the required parameters.