Indian Political Discussion

When peasants march, empires fall.

Looks like the Left is not out of this yet.

Cheers, Doc
When peasants march and paid bigot prestitutes decides to cover it as it was against a certain govt propagated by the left, empires have to take notice.

Farmer’s protest in Odisha over MSP, pension

Same peasants identical protests but different govt. Rarely this was covered in the national media.

Reactions: Aravind and RATHORE
When peasants march and paid bigot prestitutes decides to cover it as it was against a certain govt propagated by the left empire have to take notice.

Same peasants identical protests but different govt. Rarely this was covered in the national media.

Rarely? There was absolutely nothing national media!!

Reactions: Aravind and RATHORE
When peasants march and paid bigot prestitutes decides to cover it as it was against a certain govt propagated by the left, empires have to take notice.

Buddy, if anything, national media, both print and the mainstream TV news channels, are extremely Modi friendly.

Look at it this way - we had Demonetisation followed by GST (called the most complicated and second highest tax rate in the world). Lukewarm.

Clear crony capitalism. Lukewarm. Go with the flow.

Finding Nimo (after first letting him go). Lukewarm.

Farmer suicides. Lukewarm.

The clear shift in positions and stridency of tone and coverage is hard to miss.

Sure they are presstitutes. But they have prostituted themselves to the right.

Cheers, Doc

Reactions: Grevion
It wasn't as important to them as the protests by oppressed farmers who marched against the authotarian fascist govt of Maharashtra.

Everybody knows Bellari iron ore mining scam and Reddy brothers and subsequent fall of BJP government in Karnataka.

But I am sure nobody would have ever heard about a place called Barbil, Odisha. During 2002-08, 3 out of India's top 10 individual tax payers had registered address in that small non-descriptive town. Source of their money? Iron ore mining and export to China. Corruption was rampant just like Bellary and the damage to environment was unbelievable!! But none of the national media ever bothered to cover the issues. After all who cares about Naveen Patnaik and BJD. They are not a threat to UPA government!!

As I had stated in my earlier posts, Minorities voted to their full strength while BJP voters stayed home. This number of votes in General elections will remain 1.3 lakhs but Hindu votes will go up which will again change the outcome. There is nothing for RJD, SP+BSP to rejoice in the bye poll results.
1521189092690.png

• Agree
Reactions: Aravind and Grevion
You know what I foresee? As we near the election, there will be work starting on the Temple in Ayodhya. There will be a ruling supporting the same. Once, that happens the narrative will change.

• Agree
Reactions: Aravind
As I had stated in my earlier posts, Minorities voted to their full strength while BJP voters stayed home. This number of votes in General elections will remain 1.3 lakhs but Hindu votes will go up which will again change the outcome. There is nothing for RJD, SP+BSP to rejoice in the bye poll results.
View attachment 2079
I'm betting on reverse polarisation , the next elections.

You know what I foresee? As we near the election, there will be work starting on the Temple in Ayodhya. There will be a ruling supporting the same. Once, that happens the narrative will change.

3 big things are possible before general elections. 1) Movement on Ram Mandir 2) Movement on Mandal 2.0 3) Little bit of heat on the border.

And I think those things, along with Modi campaigning in the way only he can, in a Presidential style face off against the Khichdi Opposition whose only coherent, unifying face is a developmentally challenged 50 year old; will seal the elections.

P.S. : Add in a bit of action on Congress & Opposition corruption cases too, for good effect, and you'll see why people prematurely ejaculating over BJP's demise are living in a fantasy that will be harshly and suddenly ripped apart next year.

3 big things are possible before general elections. 1) Movement on Ram Mandir 2) Movement on Mandal 2.0 3) Little bit of heat on the border.

And I think those things, along with Modi campaigning in the way only he can, in a Presidential style face off against the Khichdi Opposition whose only coherent, unifying face is a developmentally challenged 50 year old; will seal the elections.

P.S. : Add in a bit of action on Congress & Opposition corruption cases too, for good effect, and you'll see why people prematurely ejaculating over BJP's demise are living in a fantasy that will be harshly and suddenly ripped apart next year.
All three things have nothing to do with common man. Distraction is not the way to win after ruling 5 years.

I don't know how much of these 3 things will affect electorate which contrary to popular perception is both aware and intelligent. If this is what BJP is betting on they can find themselves in big trouble. They should instead focus on delivering, they have done some good work and people see that, they are not dumb. Take them as fool only at your own risk.

Reactions: _Anonymous_
All three things have nothing to do with common man. Distraction is not the way to win after ruling 5 years.

I don't know how much of these 3 things will affect electorate which contrary to popular perception is both aware and intelligent. If this is what BJP is betting on they can find themselves in big trouble. They should instead focus on delivering, they have done some good work and people see that, they are not dumb. Take them as fool only at your own risk.
Unfortunately , what @RATHORE has written is the way electoral politics is played out here . What you say has a bearing too . The truth of how the electorate votes is something of a mix of what both of you posted and somewhere in between .

47 year old.

And he's misunderstood.

Speaking of corruption, the Congress is not ruling. The heat will come in only one direction. And it will come. We are witnessing the calm before the storm.

They'd love it if we could get Dawood too. Sau khoon maaf.

Cheers, Doc

When have I said you shouldn't focus on that as well? Undoubtedly BJP will, but I was talking about the bigger "trump cards" which BJP will play close to election time.

Dealing with the expectations and aspirations of the populace and focusing on delivery are mainly topics for right now, before elections; once elections kick in, you need some aces up your sleeve. That's what my comment was about.

Reactions: Aravind